New Doctor On Board

DoctorOnBoard

Hello to you all!

I'm a portuguese medical doctor and i'm about to change my routine!

I'm a Family and Emergency Physician.

Right now i'm just finishing the credetialing with Royal Caribbean and i hope to come on board on middle may.

My first contract is for 6 months in the SkySea Golden Era.

Hope to learn a lot from this forum! And to meet some of you...out of the medical center! :)

See you soon,

Nuno

Welcome to Cruise Critic and welcome to the pleasant world of cruising!

I have had the experience of visiting the medical center aboard a few of the ships on which I have sailed. I have nothing but compliments for the aid that I received on all of them. The involved doctors and the nursing staff provided me with excellent care.

Please provide that same level of care and concern as you direct your staff. Your patients/guests will remember such treatment in a positive manner.

Welcome to Cruise Critic Nuno!

If you get on board with Royal Caribbean, we may run into each other.:)

Just hope it's social and not medical.;):)

Welcome, DoctorOnBoard.

Edited by iheartbda

Twice, I have enjoyed the pleasure of dining with the ship's Chief Medical Officer and his wife. The most memorable experience was a cruise when I needed, several times, the services of the doctor. (It was a long cruise and I was injured during a shore excursion about 70% through the cruise. My care was excellent.) Interesting people with whom to share my table! One of the best parts of the experience was that they both provided the wine for the evening's dinner!

Edited by rkacruiser

Not certain for experienced cruisers what my experience has been, but one Nurse was on three of my same cruises: 2008 Amsterdam, 2012 Volendam, and 2015/2016 Prinsendam. Surely glad to see her on each cruise! Her care and concern are among the best memories of those cruises.

New Doctor on Board: the care you give to your patients can be a memorable part of their journey.

Edited by rkacruiser

I'm also a former nurse so I think I get the best of the 2 worlds. I can treat without forgetting that I need to care to. Usually cruise ship nurses are very experienced in intensive care or emergency. I think the important thing to keep in mind is that the patient needs both MD and RN. And that they're a team, a small one, so it must be a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app