Repeaters Benefits

Emdee

Everyone knows that PG has a high percentage of repeating guests.

Currently repeaters who have more than 4 cruises get

A couple of hours of Internet

4 items of dry cleaning. This is sometimes given per person and sometimes per cabin so there is an inconsistency there.

Is there anything else? Cannot recall.

In another post I mentioned free deviation charges. I think this would be nice.

I think the line should also recognize long standing passengers.

This could be with a nice flower arrangement, chocolates or Champagne ( the real thing and not the ersatz stuff that is served) Maybe even a special excursion like a day at the BB Thalasso. Something that has a big pop! Of course for those with 15 or 20 cruises free laundry

woukd be nice.

I think long term PG cruisers should be rewarded.

Is it going to make a difference to why I cruise or do not cruise PG? No it isn't. But after the horrendous flight it would be enough to put a bigger smile on my face. Just seeing the PG and feeling the warmth and love is enough to put a regular smile on my face.

Edited by Emdee

• 1 month later...

EmDee,

Any further info on the Repeater's cruise 2017? Got a PG ad in the mail about a cruise in Sept,. 2017 that also goes to Fiji that looks good. Just a suggestion. Doing the PG agin in 2017 is our last planned cruise that involves long international flights. Sorry, but I'm getting old, and international flight travel is just getting to be more than I can take. Don't know if it is me, the sorry state of airline travel, or a combination of these things. Thanks.

Hi Richard,

The Repeaters cruise is set for 2017 July and will be to the Cooks.

I myself love the Fiji to Singapore itinerary but cannot justify two PG trips with our Cdn $ tanked.

Miriam

We once got Veuve Cliquot in the cabin and a box of Godiva chocolates, despite being on deck 4, and canapes delivered daiy. I suspect it was some largess engineered by our TA.

What I'd like to know is, do they recognize cruises from the Regent era? When I login now to their new, apparently working system, my "Sailing History" goes back only to the reunion cruise of 2014. I'm sure they had a better history on us previously. Does this mean we won't get our free internet next time we sail? We certainly did not get any such perks in 2014, despite it being our sixth cruise (fifth sailing), but perhaps that's just because I didn't know about them.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer

Wendy, that Veuve must have been in Regent days. Once when our requested Shrimp cocktail didn't arrive in our stateroom we got apologies with a bottle of Veuve. Now even the champagne in suites is Roderer. In 2014 the offering was slightly off probably the effect of being stored a while in less than perfect conditions. I would suggest you send PG or Diane an email with your PG history so they can note your cruises. I shall check mine too.

Gabelle , I Think they just calculate cruises and not days. I agree that days would make better sense.

We have a mix and match. 2 PG 7 days, 2 Tere Moana 7 days, 1 PG 11 day, 3 PG 10 days, 1 PG 17 days, 1 PG 14 days.

Yes they go by cruises. Carnival used to do that and then they changed to days when I was one cruise short of becoming platinum with them. I had taken a few short cruises with them so I got screwed!

RCCL also changed to days. I think Calebrity/ Azamara did too. Regent has been days since Radisson times. Days certainly makes sense especially with lines that have getaway cruises.

We once got Veuve Cliquot in the cabin and a box of Godiva chocolates, despite being on deck 4, and canapes delivered daily.

We did a tour of the galley on this cruise, and saw our names and cabin number of a list of VIPs. Of course, we never asked about it: we didn't want them to realise their mistake.

A major benefit of being a repeater on the PG is that it means that you have been able to be on her more than once. As such a person, I certainly feel like a lucky duck!

Now David, you know how nice it is to get freebies....don't you enjoy your included internet on Regent.

Now David, you know how nice it is to get freebies....don't you enjoy your included internet on Regent.

Actually, I think we're done with Regent. We find their price/value ratio doesn't really work for us any more. Of course, we are also a bit jaded about ocean cruises in general, except of course for the PG, so perhaps my opinion here doesn't count. In any case, we've changed but so has Regent.

Actually, I think we're done with Regent. We find their price/value ratio doesn't really work for us any more. Of course, we are also a bit jaded about ocean cruises in general, except of course for the PG, so perhaps my opinion here doesn't count. In any case, we've changed but so has Regent.

I too feel I am done with Regent. Just dont find many changes in their itineraries and have completed my bucket list. As you say also have a probables with their price value ratio. However we do enjoy Crystal and their itineraries.

I love ocean breezes too much to give up sailing. So hope to continue sailing health and wealth permitting.

Hi Folks,

We recently returned from our 6th Paul Gauguin cruise (not counting the Tere Moana) and were treated very nicely. We booked directly with PG. It doesn't matter what deck you are on as far as the little extras go. We happened to be in cabin 408. (Yes Emdee, you have our cabin for the Repeater's cruise) lol. Upon embarkation, we received a beautiful flower arrangement, bottle of champagne on ice, Godiva chocolates, 250 free internet minutes and 4 pieces of dry cleaning each. Every day of our 10 day cruise we received canapés, usually delivered between 4 and 5 pm. In my opinion, PG does their best in rewarding repeat customers.

We always try to go in a few days early and stay on a couple of days after the cruise. It would be nice if PG did away with the deviation fee, especially since you are staying at one of their properties. As a repeating guest, this would be a nice benefit and also help soften the blow especially for Canadians and our declining dollar. That's my 2 cents.

I did get this the last three cruises but I was twice in a B cabin and in 2011 my DD had bought the vow renewal package. So I guess the repeaters cruise will be the test.

If NOT then I will know I am in the doghouse!

I love ocean breezes too much to give up sailing. So hope to continue sailing health and wealth permitting.

I'm with you, Miriam, I love being at sea. But at the moment the only ship and destination I can tolerate is the PG in FP. Tough problem to have. We may try a mainstream line out of Tampa some day, just to be on the ocean.

You mean that's your penny. Your currency is crap!!!!

Yes on my 5th cruise we received flowers, canapés etc.

Our currency is crap for now .....but a great bargain for you if you want to buy real estate here!

Why dont the two of you visit?

Hi Folks,

We recently returned from our 6th Paul Gauguin cruise (not counting the Tere Moana) and were treated very nicely. We booked directly with PG. It doesn't matter what deck you are on as far as the little extras go. We happened to be in cabin 408. (Yes Emdee, you have our cabin for the Repeater's cruise) lol. Upon embarkation, we received a beautiful flower arrangement, bottle of champagne on ice, Godiva chocolates, 250 free internet minutes and 4 pieces of dry cleaning each. Every day of our 10 day cruise we received canapés, usually delivered between 4 and 5 pm. In my opinion, PG does their best in rewarding repeat customers.

We always try to go in a few days early and stay on a couple of days after the cruise. It would be nice if PG did away with the deviation fee, especially since you are staying at one of their properties. As a repeating guest, this would be a nice benefit and also help soften the blow especially for Canadians and our declining dollar. That's my 2 cents.

So, is this a perk? When does it kick in ? Or is it provided in a haphazard manner.

So, is this a perk? When does it kick in ? Or is it provided in a haphazard manner.

I suspect it is haphazard. Sounds very similar to our 2005 cruise. No rhymn or reason, but I'll take it when it comes.

I like the idea of waiving deviation fees, although if you book one of their properties, I don't see why they shouldn't waive them anyways. But then such a promo might conflict with their package deals.

Our currency is crap for now .....but a great bargain for you if you want to buy real estate here!

Why dont the two of you visit?

Will consider after our upcoming transatlantic cruise and stay in Italy.

13 nights, Celebrity Constellation Fort Lauderdale to Rome - inside cabin $549 each plus we have a $200 OBC. Love these TA's!

I don't know how it works but it sure is great when it happens. We were invited to have dinner with the new cruise director Frederic, who just started in December. He is doing a fine job in my opinion. Also had dinner with Captain Toni. He is really very nice and always has interesting and entertaining stories to tell. We had a magician named Gustavo from Brazil who was AMAZING! I hope he will be back for the 2017 Repeater's cruise. This guy is good. Oh well, back to reality. Better get saving for next year.

Looks Like you had a great time.

I only met Capt. Toni once on the repeaters. Mostly had Capt. Rajko who will unfortunately be gone soon. We had Capt Davor a couple of times when he was Staff Capt. Then had Capt Remi once and a French Capt a couple of times.

Looks Like you had a great time.

I only met Capt. Toni once on the repeaters. Mostly had Capt. Rajko who will unfortunately be gone soon. We had Capt Davor a couple of times when he was Staff Capt. Then had Capt Remi once and a French Capt a couple of times.

Is Captain Rajko retiring, or leaving the company?