Sydney airport

cavydad

We arrive in Sydney on the Radiance of the Seas in the morning. How long does it take to the Sydney airport? We are flying to Brisbane. If I book a noon flight will there be enough time to make the flight?

If you arrive at Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay, then train to Airport DOMESTIC (NOT Mascot) is the go.

If you arrive at White Bay Cruise Terminal then taxi to Central Station then train to Airport DOMESTIC (NOT Mascot.)

Edited by kuldalai

Remember that a noon flight means you must be at the airport by 11:30 to check in.

Personally I think you are cutting it a bit fine.

9 times out of 10 you will make it, but personally I'd rather a later flight and less stress.

If you arrive at Overseas Passenger Terminal at Circular Quay, then train to Airport DOMESTIC (NOT Mascot) is the go.

If you arrive at White Bay Cruise Terminal then taxi to Central Station then train to Airport DOMESTIC (NOT Mascot.)

OP will be on Radiance of the Seas, so will dock at the OPT in the city. Either taxi or train. If busy week day then catch the train purely on cost savings. 10 minute walk to train plus 20 minute ride directly to Domestic Airport.

• 2 weeks later...

The management at Sydney's Kingsford Smith Domestic Airport has changed the road access causing absolute mayem.

The entrance is still the same ie O'Riordan street entry but whereas you used to exit via the same road, now you exit via Seventh Ave onto Qantas drive opposite Robey St to either turn left to International etc, right or straight on. The old system also had a separate exit to Qantas drive via 9th ave. this street is no longer accessible.

Although the design works in light traffic, it causes mayhem during busy times. The reason is that traffic exiting from the departures ramp enters onto the right turn lanes, requiring you to cross 5 lanes of traffic in a short distance if you need to turn left. Similarly the traffic frim the arrivals exit has to cross from the left to the right if wanting to go straight on or turn right😱:mad:

It is now 10.30 and the airport is still congested all the wAy to International.

Flights were cancelled today because the aircrew transfer bus could not get to the airport:eek:

Please allow lots of extra time to get to morning flights from the cruise terminals and from airport to city until this problem is addressed.

There will be some pretty horrendous taxi bills ...:eek::eek:

I reckon. Good reason to catch the train if you are cutting it fine.

Ship coach transfers also affected.

Transport minister says it is only a minor problem with a few traffic light phasing fixes. Yeah really:rolleyes:

The train really is the best option.

It's so convenient, a quick walk to station from the OPT and straight there. We use public transport to get to the airport all the time now.

2 weeks ago I was off the radiance of the seas at 7:15, on a bus to our house at 7:35 dropped off luggage and straight to work at westmead sitting at my desk before 9am:eek:

It's a lot quicker to get to the airport!

Our Holland America cruise docks at White Bay Terminal in the morning.

I understand there is a ferry within walking distance that will take us to Circular Quay. From there we can take the train to airport. All for $33 for the two of us.Travel time about 30 minutes.

Any issues with any of this?

I understand there is a ferry within walking distance that will take us to Circular Quay. From there we can take the train to airport. All for $33 for the two of us.Travel time about 30 minutes.

As long as walking, with your luggage, about a mile, and lifting it on and off the Ferry and Train isn't an issue for you.

It's fine.

I would estimate about 1 hour including the ferry ride.