HOW do I add a Countdown Clock to my Signature?

ricko19

It's not working. I tried doing it through the countdown clocks portion of Cruise Critic, so I tried to create it and paste it from cruiseclocks dot com but when I paste it in and apply it it doesn't work. The word cruiseclocks gets replaced *******

It's not working. I tried doing it through the countdown clocks portion of Cruise Critic, so I tried to create it and paste it from cruiseclocks dot com but when I paste it in and apply it it doesn't work. The word cruiseclocks gets replaced *******

wow maybe they are blocking websites from outside

did you try doing their countdown clock?????

I've also had trouble in the past, but just asked for help and received it quickly . . . and was able to follow their instructions.

Also tried several things before being able to finally delete the "sailed" portion of my signature.

Good luck!

:):):) ninkb

I know, I'm losing it! I did one for my last cruise and CAN'T FOR THE LIFE OF ME remember how I did it!

A little help PLEASE!

Thanks in advance!

Hope this helps.....................

icon1.gifThe OLD "Countdown clocks: How to set one up!" Thread

Do you need a countdown clock? If so, follow these instructions.

• Go to this page - http://www.geocities.com/quietman01970/maker1.htm.
  • Input all the required information into the form.
  • Click the "Generate UBB Clock code" button to generate the code for your clock, which will appear in the last box on that page.
  • Copy the code onto your computer's clipboard.
  • Come back to CC.
  • Go to your User CP (the link is near the top left hand corner of the page).
  • Go to Edit Signature (the link is in the list on the left hand side of the page).
  • Paste the UBB code into the text entry box.
  • Click the Preview Signature button.
  • Does it look right? If so, click the Save Signature button.

So how do you copy the code onto the clipboard?

• Select the whole of the code by highlighting it with your mouse.
  • You can also do this by clicking quickly on that code three times.)
  • Go to Edit (in the menu bar at the top of the window) and then click on Copy.
  • Alternatively, right-click on the highlighted area, and then, when the popup menu comes up, left-click on Copy.
  • Or, just press CTRL+C on your keyboard.

OK, now how do you paste the code into the CC page for creating your signature?

• Left-click once inside the text entry box, at the point where you want the clock to appear, so as to get the cursor active there.
  • Then go to Edit (in the menu bar at the top of the window) and then click on Paste.
  • Alternatively, right-click inside the text entry box at the point where the cursor is, and then, when the popup menu comes up, left-click on Paste.
  • Or, just press CTRL+V on your keyboard.

So is it all working? Go to one of your posts in CC. Can you see your signature at the end of each of the post? If you can't see any signatures at all, either yours or anyone else's, then try the following. Also do this if you can see signatures, but all the clock codes show as clickable links instead of as clock images.

• Go to your User CP.
  • Then go to Edit Options (from the list on the left)
  • Scroll down to Thread Display Options and check (at least) the boxes for Show Signatures and Show Images.
  • Go to the bottom of that page and click on Save Changes.

I have a countdown in my signature now, but I notice it's not actually counting down. I've never noticed that before; maybe I have to update Java or change some setting, but instead of actually counting down it just shows how much time is remaining from when I first loaded the page. :confused:

Hope this helps.....................

icon1.gifThe OLD "Countdown clocks: How to set one up!" Thread

Do you need a countdown clock? If so, follow these instructions.

• Go to this page - http://www.geocities.com/quietman01970/maker1.htm.
  • Input all the required information into the form.
  • Click the "Generate UBB Clock code" button to generate the code for your clock, which will appear in the last box on that page.
  • Copy the code onto your computer's clipboard.
  • Come back to CC.
  • Go to your User CP (the link is near the top left hand corner of the page).
  • Go to Edit Signature (the link is in the list on the left hand side of the page).
  • Paste the UBB code into the text entry box.
  • Click the Preview Signature button.
  • Does it look right? If so, click the Save Signature button.

So how do you copy the code onto the clipboard?

• Select the whole of the code by highlighting it with your mouse.
  • You can also do this by clicking quickly on that code three times.)
  • Go to Edit (in the menu bar at the top of the window) and then click on Copy.
  • Alternatively, right-click on the highlighted area, and then, when the popup menu comes up, left-click on Copy.
  • Or, just press CTRL+C on your keyboard.

OK, now how do you paste the code into the CC page for creating your signature?

• Left-click once inside the text entry box, at the point where you want the clock to appear, so as to get the cursor active there.
  • Then go to Edit (in the menu bar at the top of the window) and then click on Paste.
  • Alternatively, right-click inside the text entry box at the point where the cursor is, and then, when the popup menu comes up, left-click on Paste.
  • Or, just press CTRL+V on your keyboard.

So is it all working? Go to one of your posts in CC. Can you see your signature at the end of each of the post? If you can't see any signatures at all, either yours or anyone else's, then try the following. Also do this if you can see signatures, but all the clock codes show as clickable links instead of as clock images.

• Go to your User CP.
  • Then go to Edit Options (from the list on the left)
  • Scroll down to Thread Display Options and check (at least) the boxes for Show Signatures and Show Images.
  • Go to the bottom of that page and click on Save Changes.

HOOOOORAY, It finally worked!

Thanks for the help!

• 7 years later...

I must be a bit dim. Ive tried to put my countdown clock onto my link and have downloaded your instructions. i do great until it asks me to copy the code onto my computers clipboard? Where do i find this and how do I do it. us old folk you know???????

I must be a bit dim. Ive tried to put my countdown clock onto my link and have downloaded your instructions. i do great until it asks me to copy the code onto my computers clipboard? Where do i find this and how do I do it. us old folk you know???????

What info do you want in your clock? As you can tell I have modified mine, I can make one for you if you just write down the info you want.

Edited by Extra Kim

Kim, we are sailing on Apr. 18, 2016 on the Anthem of the Seas. Can't get it to appear on my countdown.Thank You very much for helping me. I still can't get my picture to appear on the roll call board. I am Rad Lady. Evidently too old to figure this tech. stuff out....lol. Thankyou for any help you can give me... Patty

Kim, we are sailing on Apr. 18, 2016 on the Anthem of the Seas. Can't get it to appear on my countdown.Thank You very much for helping me. I still can't get my picture to appear on the roll call board. I am Rad Lady. Evidently too old to figure this tech. stuff out....lol. Thankyou for any help you can give me... Patty

Well you allready have a clock with that info :)

Are you sure that you haven't disable "show signatures" in your User CP ?