Should I be worried about my hotel reservation in Southampton

rhsjr

I was looking for a pre-cruise hotel in Southampton using Travigo, Hotels.com, Tripadvisor and so on. All showed that Premier Inn Southampton West Quay had nothing available. I went directly to the Premier site and got a room for $91 USD. I hope they just saved some rooms for themselves???? Should I be concerned??

Premier Inn are quite respectable - I do not think you need to be concerned.

The agents tend to just have the full price rooms whereas if you book direct you can get "saver" rates.

I believe the agents you mention are allocated a number of rooms and as they sell out they say "only x rooms left"

wheras the direct route is ok.

If you want to put the date you booked for I will check if they still have vacancies.

EDIT just noticed in your signature you have 25 May2018??

I tried the Premier Inn direct online booking ( for the 24th) and it only allows booking for dates within 12 months??

just checking you havent booked for the wrong year?? maybe you emailed them?

Edited by Aulanis

We use booking.com quite a lot.

Yes, they have an allocation of rooms but often not carte-blanche.

If somewhere we're particularly keen on shows nil availability on their site we check the hotel's website and often find rooms available.

We actually did exactly that with Premier Inn Dover. Same price as booking.com so I guess they simply close out availability to consolidation sites when they're sure they don't need them for a given date.

No worries :cool:

JB :)

OK I see that - need sig changed to Caribbean princess?

Hotel direct is now showing as fully booked

You searched for Southampton West Quay, 1 Room and 2 Adults arriving on Wed 24 May 2017 for 1 Night

This hotel is fully booked for your selected dates. These nearby hotels have rooms available.

I notice it defaults to the next nearest hotel - Southamton North

Southampton North

4.1 miles from your search location

Conveniently located for M271, M27 and M3 with easy access to cruise ship and ferry terminals

Maybe worth checking you did get West Quay.

I notice it defaults to the next nearest hotel - Southamton North

Southampton North

4.1 miles from your search location

Conveniently located for M271, M27 and M3 with easy access to cruise ship and ferry terminals

Maybe worth checking you did get West Quay.

Premier Inn City Centre (New Road) is an OK location, but that one at Southampton North is on the city boundary,not too convenient for the city or cruise terminals - hence the room rates tend to be lower.

Shares a site with the Balmoral, a Beefeater pub / restaurant (reasonable menu, sensible prices), and just a few paces up the road is the Horns Inn, a locals' pub. So OK for an overnite or for those with a car.

JB :)

I was looking for a pre-cruise hotel in Southampton using Travigo, Hotels.com, Tripadvisor and so on. All showed that Premier Inn Southampton West Quay had nothing available. I went directly to the Premier site and got a room for $91 USD. I hope they just saved some rooms for themselves???? Should I be concerned??

I have found that Premier Inn don't advertise on Trivago and other booking sites. That is why PI West Quay didn't show up on those sites.

Like others have said, you need to book directly on Premier Inn's website (which is what you have done).

• 2 weeks later...
I have found that Premier Inn don't advertise on Trivago and other booking sites. That is why PI West Quay didn't show up on those sites.

Like others have said, you need to book directly on Premier Inn's website (which is what you have done).

I would concur with Ray66. I booked the PI WQ last night and had browser windows for Expedia, Trip Advisor, and Booking.com all opened at the same time as the Hotel's site. The others wouldn't even list the PI WQ. I could select it in the search box - but it wouldn't show at all in the search results.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...
Would you all have any recommendations for a hotel at the port? Preferably walking distance?

We always use Holiday Inn at the port ....you can usually see the ship from bedroom window (if facing right way ..lol )

We always use Holiday Inn at the port ....you can usually see the ship from bedroom window (if facing right way ..lol )

Thanks! Is it walking distance or does the hotel have a shuttle?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums