Aug Promos: Price point to select a suite/Haven instead of an Inside = $425/person

fstuff1

I was trying to figure out how much the Aug promos are worth to me for a 7day cruise.

I thought I'd share the results so others can also benefit.

Aug promos:

-free ubp = $378 + 18% ($68) = $446

-free specialty dining package (no more udp) = $119 + 18% tip = $140

-cabin gratuities paid ($12.50/day for Insides) = $87.50

-free 250min wifi = $129

-Friends and family sail free = $0 (useless to me since there's only 2 of us)

and you don't have to pay tips on ubp/specialty dining package.

lets assume I select ubp. I will pay $68 in tips.

so with a suite/Haven over an Inside, I save:

$68 + 140 + 87.50 + 129 = 424.50/person

unfortunately, there are not many cruises in 2015 that only costs $425/person more for a suite.

Edited by fstuff1

Thanks so much! I was on another thread which was talking about room charges. The new entry on the FAQ is now showing, as of 1 Aug 2015 the non-Haven staterooms are now $13.50 per person per day. I know it only adds $7.00 to the calculations but IMHO it's better to know than find out later. Haven suites are now $15.50 per day per person. Things are definitely changing!

Thanks so much! I was on another thread which was talking about room charges. The new entry on the FAQ is now showing, as of 1 Aug 2015 the non-Haven staterooms are now $13.50 per person per day. I know it only adds $7.00 to the calculations but IMHO it's better to know than find out later. Haven suites are now $15.50 per day per person. Things are definitely changing!

Remember those numbers are only a suggeation and can be adjusted.

I may be wrong, but my understanding is that the August promo gives the internet package to the STATEROOM, not to each individual passenger. So I think you're overstating the amount you "save" by booking a suite/Haven by $64.50. As another noted you understated what you save from NCL paying your DSC by $7, so the final figure comes to around $370. And that's assuming one values the internet package at what NCL does, which I sure don't.

Ominously, given what NCL has done with DSC this year, I found the following text here, http://www.ncl.com/promo/wave15 :

PREPAID SERVICE CHARGES

Let Norwegian take care of the stateroom services charges for the first two stateroom guests when you pick this option. Stateroom service charges are $18 per person, per day so the savings add up the longer your cruise is!

:eek::rolleyes:

I was trying to figure out how much the Aug promos are worth to me for a 7day cruise.

[…]

Aug promos:

-free ubp = $378 + 18% ($68) = $446

-free specialty dining package (no more udp) = $119 + 18% tip = $140

-cabin gratuities paid ($12.50/day for Insides) = $87.50

-free 250min wifi = $129

-Friends and family sail free = $0 (useless to me since there's only 2 of us)

For a 7-day sailing, you only get a 4-day specialty dining package :(, so the amount on this line should be "$74 + 18% = $87.32".

Thanks for doing this. Yes the internet is for the cabin not per person.

Because the dinning went down I am better keeping my original booking with the UDP, UBP, Internet and 75 shore credit. The shore credit means nothing to us since there are 4 of us and no excursion is under 20. We usually do our own thing anyway.

From what I understand if we want something from the Specialties we can have it delivered and covered under the UDP does anyone know does that include Apps and deserts?

We are on Escape if that makes a difference. Since only 2 of us have UDP I know we can only order for 2. We are going to get the kids a 4 day plan.