Taking champagne

Jenna109

We will be celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary and wondering if we would be allowed to take champagne on board. Also does anyone know the corkage charge please?
If you have the champagne in your stateroom there is no corkage charge...only if you have it done in a dining room or other public area...in which case the charge is something like $10 or $15.

Congratulations on #50!

If you have the champagne in your stateroom there is no corkage charge...only if you have it done in a dining room or other public area...in which case the charge is something like $10 or $15.

Congratulations on #50!

Thank you for the information. Do you know if there is a limit per person? Eg Celebrity have a limit of one bottle per person.

Celebrity is a limit, technically, of 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. When two people board they can actually board a little apart and take 2 each. It is not a problem. I know, I know, it is technically against the rules, but it can be done. I have not seen a limit on Azamara, as most drinks are free anyway. Congratulations on your anniversary and happy cruising

$10.00 is not unreasonable,

BUT if you provide complimentary wine, why charge a corkage fee for those who bring their own?

Perhaps because there is a lengthy wine menu from which wine can be ordered at additional cost for those who would prefer something different from the wines being poured gratis.

$10.00 is not unreasonable,

BUT if you provide complimentary wine, why charge a corkage fee for those who bring their own?

all over the world you get this charge.. you are not buying the resturants wine so they charge you for opening it. seems fair to me.

most of these fees are $20-$25..

Thank you everyone for the information. $10 is reasonable - we are only planning on taking 4 bottles of champagne so very happy. We may buy wine anyway for that evening.

There will be a group of eight - not drinking all of it ourselves!

Edited by Jenna109

Thank you everyone for the information. $10 is reasonable - we are only planning on taking 4 bottles of champagne so very happy. We may buy wine anyway for that evening.

There will be a group of eight - not drinking all of it ourselves!

Azamara serves a red, white, and rose wine at all lunches and dinners at no additional charge.

Azamara serves a red, white, and rose wine at all lunches and dinners at no additional charge.

And if you like a wine from one day, make a note of it and they will happily serve it to you again at your request. :D

Do you know which wines are those? Royal Caribbean also served a red, white and rose at the diamond lounge and they were terrible.
There are different wines every night (although only one rose), but you can ask for one served on a prior night. Check the first posting in the thread linked below for a link to a list of the standard wines. This list may not be quite current.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2045678&highlight=wine+list

Edited by marinaro44

all over the world you get this charge.. you are not buying the resturants wine so they charge you for opening it. seems fair to me.

most of these fees are $20-$25..

Good point Robin. IMHO, $10.00 corkage is very reasonable.

Do you know which wines are those? Royal Caribbean also served a red, white and rose at the diamond lounge and they were terrible.

They are all actually very drinkable. Not like the diamond lounge wines at all. They serve a different white and red each night. If you do not care for one, they will gladly bring you a wine from a previous night that you enjoyed.

And if you like a wine from one day, make a note of it and they will happily serve it to you again at your request. :D

Thank you for posting this. We were not aware of this. DH loves his wine and we only did what they call the "complimentary package" and he was quite satisfied. He did enjoy all the reds and for the first time, enjoyed the Shiraz they served.

One thing we do like about Azamara is the fact we can bring something back on the ship and it is not confiscated. It's one more reason to keep us coming back.

If he likes to try a bottle of wine in our stateroom, he uncorks it there and enjoys it on the balcony. On the other hand, I can pick up a couple of local beers to try....unfortunately I cannot enjoy the fruit of the grape.:(

Could please somebody let us know which champagnes (from the Champagne in France) are available to buy on board Azamara and how much do they cost?

By the glass, Taittinger Brut is available by the glass for $15. I'm pretty sure some of the wine packages include champagne as well but not sure of what variety.

By the glass, Taittinger Brut is available by the glass for $15. I'm pretty sure some of the wine packages include champagne as well but not sure of what variety.

Thanks for your answer. We are looking for the prices for bottle. Is there any list where we can find which champagnes and to which price we can buy on board?

Edited by travelberlin

I found this link by searching "champagne" on our website.

Here are the prices for ordering champagne bottles ahead of time, as bon voyage gifts. Tomorrow when the office is open I'll ask them for the complete list of champagnes.

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/after-booking/gifts

Thanks Bonnie for asking about this. I will be glad if you get the full list. We do love to drink champagne :)