Just off Freedom

b_cruise

The all around trip was wonderful! Great ports ...Grand Turk, Curacao, Aruba, La Romano

Ship...clean

Room 8449... Bit loud from above. I would not book below lido again

First balcony...honestly did not think it was worth extra cost as we spend a lot of time on deck

Playlist Shows...so so

Comedy shows...some very funny

Food...great

Chairs on sea days...great

Staff..amazing...loved my room steward Jomar and bartender Kristina

Roll call...met some great people!!

Can't wait to go again!!

Sounds wonderful! So glad you enjoyed it. I'm sorry you didn't enjoy your balcony as much as you hoped. It really depends on your cruise style. Next time, save the money for more drinks and fun! :D

Thanks..it was wonderful.

Just a yip for anyone sensitive to smoke, crew members smoke in stairwell back of deck 8. The hall got smelly some times.

Also the gym was great. I did a couple $12 spin classes and the instructor taught a good class. The first day was so busy but as the cruise went on people did not come as much, lol..guess when u eat 6000 calories a day, the gym starts feeling unnecessary haha...that reminds me, I'm hungry, lol!

Edited by b_cruise

Food...great

With regards to the food:

Does the Freedom now have Tandoor, Fish & Chips as well as Guy's Burgers & Blue Iguana Cantina?

The Breeze was the only ship that (I knew) has Tandoor as well as Guy's.

I do not recall Tandoor although I may be wrong. I had one and 1/2 guys burgers, really good and I do not like burgers. They just do not have that hamburger after taste if that makes sense, lol. My husband ate at the fish and chips and the Iguana. He loved both. Seafood soup at fish and chips was really good. I did try to stand in line for the Wok station but honestly, that line did not move and after 20 minutes went to buffet. Make sure you check both sides of buffet because as we found out on the last day, sometimes they are very different... live and learn I guess.

The shows were by far the least liked of the 5 cruises I have sailed. The Playlist shows (although the entertainers work very hard) are just not like the shows I have seen in the past. The piano bar fellow warmed up the show one night and his voice is very good. The singers however need some work but I thought they danced well and the act was good. But also, I am not a soul loving person either so it really could of been me. I have heard some reports of people not enjoying them like they used too.

There were a few live bands around the ship and also on the lido a fellow was singing. Everyone raved about the piano bar as well but we never attended. Too many mojitos,lol!!!! If anyone goes to the Lido Aft bar pool area and sees Kristina, tell her the Mojito Girl from Canada who stole her hubby (inside joke) says HI!!

Im off flying home now, but post any questions as I will be home tomorrow and more than happy to answer!!

I do not recall Tandoor although I may be wrong. I had one and 1/2 guys burgers, really good and I do not like burgers.

post any questions as I will be home tomorrow and more than happy to answer!!

Thanks.

The Freedom was one of only 5 ships to have the Tandoor buffet and the Breeze the only one to have both, Tandoor and Guy's.

Someone had posted earlier that on the Freedom, the Tandoor was where Guy's is usually located. Given that the Freedom just got Guy's Burgers during the Funship 2.0 upgrade, I was wondering if they still kept Tandoor.

Edited by hirent

They took away the tandoor grill on the Freedom to make room for one of the new 2.0 venues.

I looooooved the Tandoor last time I was on Freedom, so am disappointed in this, but I am looking forward to Blue Iguana.

Three and a half months or so till I see the Freedom again.:):)

They took away the tandoor grill on the Freedom to make room for one of the new 2.0 venues.

I looooooved the Tandoor last time I was on Freedom, so am disappointed in this, but I am looking forward to Blue Iguana.

Three and a half months or so till I see the Freedom again.:):)

:( Damn! I was afraid of that.

Thanks for the info.

The all around trip was wonderful! Great ports ...Grand Turk, Curacao, Aruba, La Romano

Ship...clean

Room 8449... Bit loud from above. I would not book below lido again

First balcony...honestly did not think it was worth extra cost as we spend a lot of time on deck

Playlist Shows...so so

Comedy shows...some very funny

Food...great

Chairs on sea days...great

Staff..amazing...loved my room steward Jomar and bartender Kristina

Roll call...met some great people!!

Can't wait to go again!!

Glad you had a good time! Did you enjoy Curacao and Aruba? I liked Aruba better than Curacao because the people seemed friendlier.

You are going to have a great vacation! The staff made me laugh several times and made a lasting impression!!

I LOVED Aruba. I may go back there on a land vaca. My husband liked curaçao.

We did the a tv in la romana through carnival and I highly recommend as well as the segways in grand Turk.I usually do private tours but these were both great. With so many beaches, a great option!

I too would sail freedom again, but I honestly would sail any ship. They are all amazing! I tend to look at the ports and these ports were awesome.