Port Everglades Hotel that offers cruise parking?

Sarah@Sea

BF lives in Miami so we'll have his car, I am flying into FLL so I figure just get a hotel room the night before since he works and lives way south, just make it easier and I thought I could find one that included parking as part of a package. Annoyed that Port Everglades charges for Disability parking, POM does not charge. Anyway the hotels I know of near Port Everglades offer "cruise" packages but only thing I see offered is shuttle to the port, nothing about parking. Any suggestions for hotels? Maybe I'll just stay where I know and use Park n Fly since I have AAA and read they offer good rates.

Any suggestions for hotels? Maybe I'll just stay where I know and use Park n Fly since I have AAA and read they offer good rates.

Check out trinity reservations dot com. They have the Days Inn on 29th Ave available for 92.00 including taxes. It includes up to 14 days of parking and the shuttle to the port is an extra 5.00 pp.

Check out trinity reservations dot com. They have the Days Inn on 29th Ave available for 92.00 including taxes. It includes up to 14 days of parking and the shuttle to the port is an extra 5.00 pp.

That's the Days Inn in Hollywood and it's fine.

Very nice property, but it's 143 per night after tax versus 92 for a stay on 12/17 at the Days Inn.

Yes, but very 2 different classes of hotels. You really can't compare the two. It's always about personal preference when deciding hotels & I do realize cost is a big factor for many of us. It's a factor for us as well; however, Days Inn is not a hotel choice for us. We are gladly willing to pay a little more for a nicer hotel in a safe area. Amenities are also priority for us and Homewood offers everything we are looking for.

Yes, but very 2 different classes of hotels. You really can't compare the two. It's always about personal preference when deciding hotels & I do realize cost is a big factor for many of us. It's a factor for us as well; however, Days Inn is not a hotel choice for us. We are gladly willing to pay a little more for a nicer hotel in a safe area. Amenities are also priority for us and Homewood offers everything we are looking for.

There isn't a difference in the safeness of areas between these two hotels. They are both in blue collar neighborhoods just off I95.

There's almost 50 hotels that offer a park / cruise package of some sort, easiest way to compare them is to use the chart here: http://www.parkingstay.com/p/ft-lauderdale.html

Thank you, again this is the first time I've had a need for a hotel with parking so never looked before. If it we weren't leaving on a Wednesday we might have a friend drop us off, but not likely on a work day.

*edited*

Ok actually that site was not helpful, many links were broken or when I visited the hotel website to which they claim have a package, there is nothing listed for cruise packages. I can get the Hilton Marina for $75/night $83 with tax, last time I stayed there they didn't charge me for parking with my disability tag, even if they do it's the going to be the same as Embassy Suites etc. Then we'll park at park n' fly or just pay the $15 at port and have our car right there once we get off the ship. Also I'm going to write Port Everglades and inquire why they can't offer free disability parking like POM...it's a county wide thing, but if Miami-Dade can afford the courtesy then Broward surely can also.

Edited by Sarah@Sea

There's almost 50 hotels that offer a park / cruise package of some sort, easiest way to compare them is to use the chart here: http://www.parkingstay.com/p/ft-lauderdale.html

Thank you, again this is the first time I've had a need for a hotel with parking so never looked before. If it we weren't leaving on a Wednesday we might have a friend drop us off, but not likely on a work day.

*edited*

Ok actually that site was not helpful, many links were broken or when I visited the hotel website to which they claim have a package, there is nothing listed for cruise packages. I can get the Hilton Marina for $75/night $83 with tax, last time I stayed there they didn't charge me for parking with my disability tag, even if they do it's the going to be the same as Embassy Suites etc. Then we'll park at park n' fly or just pay the $15 at port and have our car right there once we get off the ship.

The websites that were mentioned in posts # 2 & 4 contain discounted rates, whereas the parkingstay site is just a somewhat comprehensive list that lists many hotels that offer packages. If you're content with paying 83 at the Hilton Marina and an additional 105.00 for 7 days of port parking @ 15 per day, then go for it. You should be able to find some sort of relatively cheap package somewhere since you're staying midweek instead of on the weekend, where higher demand drives up the prices.

You can also look about 6 inches above this posting and click through the ad for the downtown city center Hampton Inn that is advertising their cruise package that includes parking and a shuttle to the port.

The websites that were mentioned in posts # 2 & 4 contain discounted rates, whereas the parkingstay site is just a somewhat comprehensive list that lists many hotels that offer packages. If you're content with paying 83 at the Hilton Marina and an additional 105.00 for 7 days of port parking @ 15 per day, then go for it. You should be able to find some sort of relatively cheap package somewhere since you're staying midweek instead of on the weekend, where higher demand drives up the prices.

You can also look about 6 inches above this posting and click through the ad for the downtown city center Hampton Inn that is advertising their cruise package that includes parking and a shuttle to the port.

See Post 11, The F airfield Inn includes free parking for 30 days. Also, they have a shuttle to the port. It is not the Hilton, but adequate.

See Post 11, The F airfield Inn includes free parking for 30 days. Also, they have a shuttle to the port. It is not the Hilton, but adequate.

Fairfield is $135/night for cruise parking package. $148 with taxes. Hilton is $83 with taxes. I'll check the park n' fly rates...but doesn't appear it will be a cheaper option either especially since the hotel only provides shuttle TO the port, we'd still have to get a taxi back...minor yes but still more $ on top of an already near $70 difference. Breakfast included doesn't matter, we plan on going to Grampa's.

Edited by Sarah@Sea

You won't find shuttle pick up at the port back to the hotel. Just service to the port (some free- some for a charge) if you prefer that over cab. Cabs are pretty well priced.

Edited by eandj