Choice Air - Book a cruise, book flight, cancel cruise, and still keep flight?

tominabox1

We have a cruise booked right now that is a much better deal than we can get on RCI at the moment but the line does not offer airfare through Choice Air. We could save a ton of money by booking on choice air if it were available. Has anyone ever tried to book a cruise on RCI so they could use choice air, then cancel the cruise but still use the Choice Air airfare?

Choice Air is for customers of RCI (and Celebrity I believe). I suspect your flight would be cancelled if you cancelled your cruise.

What cruise line are you currently booked with? Most cruise lines have some sort of air program. Of course, I would still be buying directly from the airline; just because a ticket is the best price doesn't mean it's the best deal...

While I personally don't condone what you are thinking of doing, perhaps the only way to get your answer is to call choice air and ask what happens if you book/pay for your flights and subsequently cancel your cruise.

You can also search this forum as I believe there has been another thread or two where this was discussed.

If you make a RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara cruise booking that will give you access to Choice Air, make sure you take the flight before final payment is due on the cruise and cancel penalties kick in. Take the flight, then cancel the cruise. And make sure your cruise deposit is not non-refundable!

If you make a RCCL/Celebrity/Azamara cruise booking that will give you access to Choice Air, make sure you take the flight before final payment is due on the cruise and cancel penalties kick in. Take the flight, then cancel the cruise. And make sure your cruise deposit is not non-refundable!

Huh??

I seriously doubt that any cruiseline would let you book and fly a ticket before full payment was made. But if you know something different, please elaborate in English.

Huh??

I seriously doubt that any cruiseline would let you book and fly a ticket before full payment was made. But if you know something different, please elaborate in English.

A few years ago I was booked on Princess out of Vancouver. I also had a booking on deposit with Celebrity that was well into the future (several months after the Princess sailing). I couldn't find the type air to Vancouver I wanted either conventionally or through Princess. But Choice Air had what I wanted. So I rolled the dice and accessed Choice Air with my Celebrity booking number and bought the ticket for the date I wanted to fly to Vancouver for the Princess cruise. I took the flight. Several months later, plans changed and we decided against taking the Celebrity cruise, so we cancelled without incident.

When you experiment with the Choice Air website, you'll notice there's no restriction on the number of days pre or post cruise you have to book flights. Also your air travel doesn't have to match that of your cruise origin/destination. If you enter some really odd ball flight origin/destinations, sometimes CA will respond with an error notice. But in most cases you can get pretty creative.

i can't guarantee others will have the same success, but that was my own personal experience.

Edited by BEAV

To allow this, Choice Air would have an incredibly foolish business model. Who knows? Call and ask.

From the Air2Sea FAQ

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=324&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqId=3727

What happens if a guest with Air2Sea cancels their cruise?

A:Guests with non-refundable tickets will not be canceled. They own the ticket. Guest with refundable tickets will be refunded, but subject to the airline's rules, conditions and penalties. Guests should contact the Air2Sea Support Desk at (800) 533-7803 with any questions about cancellations and/or refunds.

Air2Sea will tell you again and again but Royal won't cancel your cruise unless you cancel your airfare.

From the Air2Sea FAQ

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=324&faqSubjectName=Air+Travel&faqId=3727

What happens if a guest with Air2Sea cancels their cruise?

A:Guests with non-refundable tickets will not be canceled. They own the ticket. Guest with refundable tickets will be refunded, but subject to the airline's rules, conditions and penalties. Guests should contact the Air2Sea Support Desk at (800) 533-7803 with any questions about cancellations and/or refunds.