Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Thank you for that info. Yes that was what I thought, I guess QN is so different from other ships MW has built that they have hit on a problem that they could not have foreseen.

I assume that RCCL will have a back up plan/schedule incase of a delay and that those of us booked on 11/2 Maiden Voyage should not be worried ?

Even with a delivery on Monday I think your still safe at this point. Until she gets into dry dock and they could find something else, there is nothing that should cause a delay right now. Even then it's the people on the complimentary sailing that have to worry. Royal has very little to lose in canceling that one and a lot in canceling the 11/2 sailing (which I doubt would ever happen, more of a delay as she still has to get to NYC). Delaying 11/2 would then require the first complimentary sailing in NYC to be canceled.

Merci!

And for those kind words, another nice photo from Two70...

c47ab46a6666020bfbc3436330791ec6.jpg

Now that is a cool picture. That looks like an incredible place to stand and look out to sea with those huge windows.

...Is that a screen on top of the seapleax?

40578.jpg

Yes, in one of the Dhani Jones videos he talked about it as being a video board that can be used for anything that's needed including as a score board for the various activities in the venue.

Now that is a cool picture. That looks like an incredible place to stand and look out to sea with those huge windows.

Yes, in one of the Dhani Jones videos he talked about it as being a video board that can be used for anything that's needed including as a score board for the various activities in the venue.

And the thing at the end of the crane is the DJ booth.

Merci!

And for those kind words, another nice photo from Two70...

c47ab46a6666020bfbc3436330791ec6.jpg

That is an amazing picture and looks like a great place to stand.

And yes, thank you Lloyd, I am more than grateful for your pictures and keeping us updated these past months. I look forward every day, to more of your posts and pictures.

I am so looking forward to quantum. Been through a tough few months, my mom has been very sick and passed away three weeks ago, and this ship, this quantum trip and the pictures and updates have given me something positive to hang on to.

Thanks again to Lloyd, my roll call friends and all here.

Even with a delivery on Monday I think your still safe at this point. Until she gets into dry dock and they could find something else, there is nothing that should cause a delay right now. Even then it's the people on the complimentary sailing that have to worry. Royal has very little to lose in canceling that one and a lot in canceling the 11/2 sailing (which I doubt would ever happen, more of a delay as she still has to get to NYC). Delaying 11/2 would then require the first complimentary sailing in NYC to be canceled.

I agree! Although I really don't want to, as I'm on the complimentary sailing on the 31/10!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Laura, Our condolences on the passing of your mother. Losing a parent is very hard, we know, both are parents have passed. Glad you have this to help you through the sad times!

I want to thank everyone who has contributed to all the information and pictures that make this thread so exciting! We appreciate all of you! :)

And, Keep it coming! ;)

And yes, thank you Lloyd, I am more than grateful for your pictures and keeping us updated these past months. I look forward every day, to more of your posts and pictures.

I am so looking forward to quantum. Been through a tough few months, my mom has been very sick and passed away three weeks ago, and this ship, this quantum trip and the pictures and updates have given me something positive to hang on to.

This ship is stunning! And the last picture of Two70 is awesome, can't wait to see the first video tours of the ship! I can't believe how much we still don't actually know about the ship in regards to the more to come spaces and spa/gym area. Not much concept art like Oasis class but its okay because it will make for great surprises!

So sorry for your loss but I understand what you are going through. Same thing happened last year to us. We lost my mother in law at Christmas and our father in law is now coming with us on this cruise. Keeping his busy and upbeat as much as possible.

So sorry for your loss. My father passed away a month ago after a long fight with Alzheimers and my trip on Quantum is what's currently keeping me going! So I totally appreciate where you are coming from with everything

I agree, I think I will definitely be spending a good deal of time up there looking out...or in. 😀

Denise

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So sorry for your loss but I understand what you are going through. Same thing happened last year to us. We lost my mother in law at Christmas and our father in law is now coming with us on this cruise. Keeping his busy and upbeat as much as possible.

So sorry for your loss. My father passed away a month ago after a long fight with Alzheimers and my trip on Quantum is what's currently keeping me going! So I totally appreciate where you are coming from with everything

Thank you both. It is comforting to know that I am not alone, and I am sending you both good thoughts.

Silk does look really nice! I also love the floor of the SeaPlex!

I would also like to thank everyone for the pictures and information. It really has been fun and has raised my excitement level.

The pictures of Silk are really nice. I love the colors. I don't see many small tables. I hope that there are some in other parts of the restaurant.

Transam84, I am sorry for your loss. Losing someone you love is very hard.

With this type of construction project there's usually an incentive/disincentive included in the project. In other words, a monetary bonus/penalty for beating/missing the contracted delivery date.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was hundreds of thousands of dollars per day. The potential costs to Royal Caribbean for delayed delivery are potentially enormous.

Hopefully all goes well. It does seem, however, that they've really been struggling to get this issue resolved. Perhaps it's just bad luck, or perhaps they're learning more about the issue that's requiring them to change their strategy to address the issue. Purely speculation on my part though.

that photo where the guy is on the stairwell and looking out is incredible..the seas look so rough...

Oh, no... not at all...! Sea roughness is ranked in terms of "Force Numbers" according to what's called the Beaufort Scale. I would say that the picture shows maybe Force 5 or something. Here's a pretty good discussion about the Beaufort Scale: http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/media/pdf/b/7/Fact_sheet_No._6.pdf

The Beaufort Scale goes from 0 to at least 12 (and I've seen at least one source refer to force numbers as high as 17 !!!). You can Google "Beaufort Scale" and see many more references. I've personally been in at least force 8 or 9 (and maybe 10?). But admittedly that was on a ship (QE2!) less than half the size of Quantum!!

Silk looks beautiful, but what's with all the large tables? Are they going to seat anybody who comes in at the same time together? We are a party of two who loved sitting at large tables so we got to meet new people. Any thoughts?

I see a group of 10 table. Which for cruising, is probably pretty common for group sailings, etc.

I believe I read somewhere that you could ask the Matre'D to sit you with other people if possible.

Silk looks beautiful, but what's with all the large tables? Are they going to seat anybody who comes in at the same time together? We are a party of two who loved sitting at large tables so we got to meet new people. Any thoughts?

My thoughts (not based on any evidence):

The tables that they had are most likely the tables that they have now. Your chances are probably high that your will have to sit at a table with other people.

We prefer a table for two and if they are unable to provide that in a timely manner it might cause use to end up doing mostly speciality restaurants.

Edited by beachnative