Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Still trying to confirm if the Quantum has a library, does it?

Did the maiden TA on the Getaway this year NCL had a superb members only spa area above the bridge with stunning views to port & starboard also looking forward over the bow. It had limited access to about 130 passengers & came complete with spa area, spa-pools, with wet & dry Sauna's, steam rooms, Hydro-pool, heated loungers etc. It was just a lovely quiet area to unwind & relax & cost only about £300 approx $450 for eleven days access. Does anyone know if Quantum offers a similar oasis of peace & tranquillity.

Quantum does have a library space, but not sure what kind of books that they are going to have.

Royal does not have a dedicated private area to buy membership to on the ship.

Library on deck 6. Top level of Two70. Can access by the staircase and other means as well I am sure.There may be access from cabin corridor as well.

qn_deck06_v2014_oct.gifc47ab46a6666020bfbc3436330791ec6.jpg

I believe this may be a view from the library.

0c80760c27032f945f324320b385da35.jpg

Edited by Lloyd555

Indeed, nice find by TasL. I noticed in the deck plans posted that there is no mention of our other favorite unknown spot, the "glass enclosure".

Too bad. I'll find out in 10 days what the glass enclosures are supposed to be.

Maybe this was common sense to everyone else but I just noticed that another RCI standard which is missing is the English-style pub normally on the Promenade.

I say it was common sense because now that I think about it I suppose Michael's Genuine Pub is a natural replacement for it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

I wonder if they will have the entertainment in Michael's like they do in the Crown & Kettle on Explorer. That was a favorite hang out onboard.

All of these areas that will be accessed via the corridors will be interesting. Noise level? non-noise level? Doors automatic for no sound? Will interesting to hear your reports.

Concierge Lounge....rumor just for suite and pinnacles? guess we will find out.

Lou

The CL on Quantum will be for Dplus/Pinnacle & Suite guests, I checked on this again just a day ago.

I wonder if they will have the entertainment in Michael's like they do in the Crown & Kettle on Explorer. That was a favorite hang out onboard.

I asked that question at todays CC Live QN Esplanade Event...sadly no answer was given so I am assuming that is a no, as all my other questions were answered.

We are on deck 13 mid section, would like to move to a deck sandwiched in between cabins but nothing so far. Does anyone know if the Quantum will have more insulation to block the noise from above on deck 14 the windjammer and scraping of chairs at the pools? If so I can stop worrying about our cabin if DH will get his necessary sleep for peace. :)

Indeed, nice find by TasL. I noticed in the deck plans posted that there is no mention of our other favorite unknown spot, the "glass enclosure".

COMPLEATE DECK PLANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

qn_deck04_v2014_oct.gifqn_deck05_v2014_oct.gif

Speaking of the glass enclosures, are they represented by the rectangles just after the 2nd life boat from the back on the starboard side, and just after the 3rd lifeboat from the back on the port side?

Have those rectangle areas always been on the deck plans or are they also recently added?

Here is another great video of Quantum docking in Hamburg.

Source- Published on Oct 23, 2014Die QotS, das drittgrößte Kreuzfahrtschiff der Welt, läuft rückwärts in den Hamburger Hafen ein, für techn. Nacharbeiten im Dock 17

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmRFH2Hghnk

Edit: There are excellent views in this video.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Speaking of the glass enclosures, are they represented by the rectangles just after the 2nd life boat from the back on the starboard side, and just after the 3rd lifeboat from the back on the port side?

Have those rectangle areas always been on the deck plans or are they also recently added?

Yes to the first question and yes those rectangles have been there for the longest. They were not displayed on the original rendering among other things.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Here is another great video of Quantum docking in Hamburg.

Source- Published on Oct 23, 2014Die QotS, das drittgrößte Kreuzfahrtschiff der Welt, läuft rückwärts in den Hamburger Hafen ein, für techn. Nacharbeiten im Dock 17

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zmRFH2Hghnk

Edit: There are excellent views in this video.

WOW...Excellent is right! Really getting excited now.:D Did you all see that spin. Awesome!

Denise

Hi Denise, Were you able to book for the 18th? Just found out Rene is going.

Had it on 24 Hour hold yesterday but my BFF cannot go , so I will wait till January to experience Quantum. You and Rene have fun and take lots of pictures. I am anxious to know how DD works for you. At least you got someone to dine with now. A couple of guys that I have cruised with twice before are going on my sailing so I will try to somehow link up with them.

Just trying to book stuff is becoming a nightmare. I will work on it some more when I get back from the Explorer repo. Next time she comes back I will be getting on.

Denise

I was not able to resist in posting the following snapshot of one the videos ... WHAT a view ... MAGNIFICANT!

WARNING ahead: Put your cup of coffee down ... as there are chances that your chin knocks it off your hand on its way down

k7ftvkgs.jpg

Is that the Northstar, or is Quantum just happy to see us? :D. :p

Edited by Pomperaugrr