Solo on Getaway question

RuthlessBoss

I would venture to guess that would depend on the individuals personality and sense of adventure. If you don't already know there is a gathering every evening of solo travelers in the Studio Lounge that you can attend even if you aren't in a Studio cabin.

It's a great way to meet other folks and find people to socialize, eat and have fun with.

Lots of folks sail solo and have the time of their lives and meet new friends. :D

It really depends how comfortable you are in your own skin.

I'm guessing you're reasonably comfortable, by the very fact that you booked the solo cruise.

I travel with my e-reader / tablet, and when I find myself dining alone I usually have reading material to keep my attention.

I travel a lot for work, so this is a completely normal environment for me.

As for the activities, etc. Here are a few suggestions:

- join the roll call at CC for your cruise. You may make acquaintances before the trip.

- attend the Meet & Greet, CCers are a social bunch, that's why we're here.

- attend the Solo's gathering at the Studio Lounge (I think you can go there even if you're not in a Studio...I'm planning to on my next cruise (my 3rd solo - when my partner can't travel as much as I can).

One of the beautiful things about Freestyle is that you can partake of the activities which interest you, and avoid those which don't.

The beautiful thing about Getaway, is that there are LOADS of activities.

Stephen

This past September I sailed as a solo in a balcony. I had originally booked a studio but was upgraded a week or so before my sail date.

I had joined my roll call, attended the M&G and attended the solo gatherings when I wanted to. I had a blast and did not at anytime feel lonely or overwhelmed.

The studio lounge has a coordinator that plans activities for solos and the times and locations will be in the dailies.

I hope you have a blast on your cruise. I'm sailing on the Escape next November as a solo and can't wait.😄

Sent from my iPad Air using Forums

The cabin is for sleeping. There's plenty of group activities during the day. Are you concerned due to health reasons?

Maybe if the solo cabin person is traveling with others, you can make arrangements for everyone to be on the same deck.

Mostly because of my age. I've learned limits with my back injury a while ago. Also, travelling with no one. I've got the poopiest friends who haven't a clue about a cruise:D

Another poster mentioned about being comfortable in my skin. I'm trying to break out of that zone. I'm working on it, sometimes it's not easy.

Hi Ruth

I'm on the same cruise tomorrow. Please come to the meet and greet Sunday at 11.

I thought my day would be free and clear to pack, but instead have tried to gather information. I've only gotten 4 pages of the roll call looked at (reading from last page back). If you decide to change cabins, you'll be in the same type cabin as me, but on starboard. I've never been so far back on any ship.

I thought my day would be free and clear to pack, but instead have tried to gather information. I've only gotten 4 pages of the roll call looked at (reading from last page back). If you decide to change cabins, you'll be in the same type cabin as me, but on starboard. I've never been so far back on any ship.

I kept my forward cabin starboard. My mom is in a cabin by herself near you. Come to the meet and greet in Cagney's Sunday at 11. We're also having a slot pull and cabin crawl. You're welcome to have dinner with us.

I've heard of cabin crawls, some general and some very organized to the point of providing food and drink, but never been on one. Same with slots. I've just not happened to be in one.

I'm getting final arrangements with my neighbor who's driving. I got her talked into leaving at 9 instead of 10. I'm not used to getting on a ship late, so late arrival is new to me. She said she allows 4 hours to travel:eek: