Cucina del capitano

riclop

you can eat there for free at lunch. but get there early, it gets crowded as more people find out that it is free for lunch. 1st day hardly anyone in there, by day 4 it was filling up, by day 7 people had to wait up to an hour for a table.

you can eat there for free at lunch. but get there early, it gets crowded as more people find out that it is free for lunch. 1st day hardly anyone in there, by day 4 it was filling up, by day 7 people had to wait up to an hour for a table.

Thanks but we were looking for info for dinner.

there's an email address for them but I don't have it. We just got off the Breeze and we booked it as soon as we got on the ship...for the 3rd night...they had plenty of open times available at that point.

There were tables set up all over the ship with employees taking reservations for it. The Steakhouse was another story...nothing to be had for any time before 8:30 :eek:

BTW - Cucina was really nice...loved the decor...I thought the food was OK...DH loved it! :D

Be sure to make your reservations as quick as possible. We ate there twice for dinner on our last cruise and when I called for reservations many, many evenings and time slots were booked up. We had to be flexible. Also, don't know if you're traveling with children, but they have a children's menu. Kids are $5.00. Adults are $12.00. As already posted, lunch is free and we never tried it. The dinner menu is very different from the lunch menu. We thought it was the best food we had on the entire cruise.

This is great information. I do have a question. When you make the reservations do you need to pay when you make the reservations or will you pay on board?

Thank you for your help! :D

This is great information. I do have a question. When you make the reservations do you need to pay when you make the reservations or will you pay on board?

Thank you for your help! :D

No. You will use your sign and sail card at the end of dinner...will be added to your onboard account.

This is not what you're asking, but we're just off the Magic, & I thought I'd mention it. For lunch, they give you a slip of paper to check off what kind of sauce, pasta, etc. you want. At the very bottom is the lasagna, which is easily missed. Look for it! :)

When you say "get there early", just how early???

Is it open on embarktion day?

They will have a table set up on embarkation day. You can book with the person standing at the table.

Thanks but we were looking for info for dinner.

We've eaten at Cucina both times that we've been on the Magic and really enjoyed it. I highly recommend the fried risotto ball appetizer. I could make a meal with just those if I could!

Be sure to save room for dessert, too.

We ate there a week and a half ago on the Breeze. Go hungry, very hungry if you can. They give you more food then one person could ever eat.

I HIGHLY recommend reserving the steak house in advance if you can. It's $35/person and sooooooooo good. I preferred it ten times to the Cucina restaurant.

Archived