Breakaway Therma Spa - is everything hot?

Hello, DH and I just watched a YouTube video (by NCL) on the Thermal Spa where the hostess says that upon entering, the first thing you'll notice is heat. She later says that everything in there is focused on different types of heat therapy. We just booked Thermal Spa passes for our September cruise but we probably should've watched this first... It's a September cruise, we're going to be hot anyway, we were hoping that the Thermal Spa would be a respite from heat, we were hoping to walk in and immediately feel the cool, have a cold pool to sink into, etc. Is everything truly hot in there including all of the rooms, pools etc? We liked the idea of the Spa as a tranquil getaway from the rest of the ship but now we're wondering if we should try for a refund. Any thoughts? Thanks for your help!

The hydrotherapy pool is a giant jacuzzi. Hot, bubbly water. Very relaxing after being out in the heat.

Wet sauna, dry sauna, and steam rooms are hot. Salt bath is like warm.

The lounge area is cool. You can lay on the hot stone loungers, which are warm. The rest are nice padded loungers.

Escape has a Snow Room but BA/GA is all hot.

That said, I found the Thelassotherapy pool to be cool-ish and the attached hot tub to be lukewarm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks BirdTravels and ryarger, you just made us feel better about our Thermal Suite passes. If it feels cool when we walk in, that's what we were hoping for. And a Snow Room sounds WONDERFUL, wish BA had one!

Can we sit on a Thermal Spa lounger with a drink/are alcoholic drinks allowed in there? A glass of wine, a beer (or bucket), a mixed drink? Believe me we're not loud or rowdy! But I could see us spending an hour or so in there every day taking a nap and quietly sipping a drink.

Don't see why you could not have drinks in there as long as they were not in glass containers. We will be on the Escape in a few weeks in a spa cabin and plan to use our yetis to bring our drinks in the spa. We have used thermal spas many times, including Escape and Getaway, during the summer in the Caribbean and have always found the spa temperature very pleasant. Of course, the sauna rooms will be hot and the thermal tile loungers are warm, but very relaxing. Using a couple of towels on the tile loungers can help disperse the heat a little and make it more comfortable. We love the tile loungers.

Mary Ann

The hydrotherapy pool is a giant jacuzzi. Hot, bubbly water. Very relaxing after being out in the heat.

Wet sauna, dry sauna, and steam rooms are hot. Salt bath is like warm.

The lounge area is cool. You can lay on the hot stone loungers, which are warm. The rest are nice padded loungers.

Breakaway has two unheated stone loungers too, they feel pretty cool to the touch. I laid on it for a while wondering why it wasn't getting warm. It was just unheated, wished at the time they would have clearly labeled it.

Thanks BirdTravels and ryarger, you just made us feel better about our Thermal Suite passes. If it feels cool when we walk in, that's what we were hoping for. And a Snow Room sounds WONDERFUL, wish BA had one!

Can we sit on a Thermal Spa lounger with a drink/are alcoholic drinks allowed in there? A glass of wine, a beer (or bucket), a mixed drink? Believe me we're not loud or rowdy! But I could see us spending an hour or so in there every day taking a nap and quietly sipping a drink.

Just got off the Escape about a month ago. I used their thermal spa and asked them the same question. They told me as long as my drink was in a plastic container (not glass) it was permitted.

Having been on the Breakaway numerous times, in my opinion the spa (thermal suites) always feels warm and humid. To me, the coolest place in the spa is the salt room.

Underwhelmed by epic spa. Nearly impossible to get a ceramic lounger.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks for all of the info and your opinions. We'll do a review after the cruise and let you know how the Thermal Suite was! Hey there's always the Svedka Ice Bar. Really wish BA had a Snow Room!

Hi, I'm on the same cruise and my sister and I have thermal suite passes as well. We have not been in this one (except a walk through), but we have always found them to be pleasantly quiet and calming. We have a drink of fruit water or wine and read our dailies so that we can plan our evening. The salt room is especially intriguing to me for this trip. I also always find a warm pool or hot tub a lovely way to ensure a good night's sleep.

Have you joined the roll call for this trip? Laurie