Priority luggage tags

CruisingNoob

We were offered an upgrade last week and went from a balcony to a suite. I was told to reprint our boarding passes and luggage tags so they would say "Priority". Originally we had FTTF and the boarding passes & luggage tags stated that. Now the boarding pass says "Priority" but the luggage tags don't have anything printed to show that we are in fact priority. Do I need to be concerned or is this okay? I just want to be sure that our luggage gets to the room as soon as possible.

We were offered an upgrade last week and went from a balcony to a suite. I was told to reprint our boarding passes and luggage tags so they would say "Priority". Originally we had FTTF and the boarding passes & luggage tags stated that. Now the boarding pass says "Priority" but the luggage tags don't have anything printed to show that we are in fact priority. Do I need to be concerned or is this okay? I just want to be sure that our luggage gets to the room as soon as possible.

So, the luggage tags don't say FTTF or Priority. Correct? If they don't you should call Carnival.

So, the luggage tags don't say FTTF or Priority. Correct? If they don't you should call Carnival.

Correct. I went from not having a FTTF, to having one once it wasn't "sold out", to getting the upgrade to the suite with priority (so I've printed luggage tags 3 times already). I did call Carnival. I think she had no idea what she was taking about because she said I didn't need the luggage tags to say priority. That's why I decided to come here & see what other priority passengers luggage tags said.

Since you are in a suite, you don't need the FTTF as you will be in priority boarding. I think you should still have time to cancel and save that fee, if you want to.

I cancelled the FTTF when I purchased the upgrade. We've already received the credit for it.

Correct. I went from not having a FTTF, to having one once it wasn't "sold out", to getting the upgrade to the suite with priority (so I've printed luggage tags 3 times already). I did call Carnival. I think she had no idea what she was taking about because she said I didn't need the luggage tags to say priority. That's why I decided to come here & see what other priority passengers luggage tags said.

I cancelled the FTTF when I purchased the upgrade. We've already received the credit for it.

Ok. Since you cancelled FTTF you no longer get the express luggage service.

Ok. Since you cancelled FTTF you no longer get the express luggage service.

If you printed luggage tags with your new stateroom from before you cancelled FTTF, your bags would have received the express delivery. Oh well, too late for that. ;)

If you printed luggage tags with your new stateroom from before you cancelled FTTF, your bags would have received the express delivery. Oh well, too late for that. ;)

I hear that a lot of people purchase FTTF, then print out the luggage tags, and then cancel it and get a refund :D.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Express luggage delivery is not part of suite perk. You would need to 're-purchase FTTF for express luggage so that is why your luggage tags changed. The idea that you should have printed your luggage tags before cancelling is wrong. Your luggage would have been delivered to your prior cabin.

Express luggage delivery is not part of suite perk. You would need to 're-purchase FTTF for express luggage so that is why your luggage tags changed. The idea that you should have printed your luggage tags before cancelling is wrong. Your luggage would have been delivered to your prior cabin.

Why would it be delivered to the wrong cabin if the luggage tags were printed with the new stateroom details?

Why would the luggage be delivered to the wrong cabin? She could have booked the suite and printed the luggage tags prior to cancelling FTTF.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Why would the luggage be delivered to the wrong cabin. She could have booked the suite and printed the luggage tags prior to cancelling FTTF.

As long as the porters orange tag it, nobody would know the passengers wouldn't have FTTF. :D

The only people who get express luggage are Platinum/Diamond and FTTF. People in suites do not get it. They only get priority boarding. If they want all the other perks they still have to book the FTTF.

I think the agent is misinformed...

PHEW!!! I just called the guy from Carnival who had called me last week about the upgrade. I told him the situation & what I'd been reading here. He told me not to worry because since we're priority and in a suite, the people in the room before us are also priority. They will disembark first so that allows the staff to get the room cleaned sooner. He said we will be able to go straight to our room & drop off our carry ons. He did say that our checked luggage won't be there right away, but I'm not worried about that. I just wanted to get to the room ASAP & unload the carry ons from our hands so we can re-fill our hands with drinks. :D

Well, he's wrong. Lol. Won't be the first or last time someone on the phone gets it wrong.

There's no way the suite stewards could get all their suites ready by 11:30.

Only platinum/ diamond/ FTTF get to go to their cabins early.

Edited by SadieN

PHEW!!! I just called the guy from Carnival who had called me last week about the upgrade. I told him the situation & what I'd been reading here. He told me not to worry because since we're priority and in a suite, the people in the room before us are also priority. They will disembark first so that allows the staff to get the room cleaned sooner. He said we will be able to go straight to our room & drop off our carry ons. He did say that our checked luggage won't be there right away, but I'm not worried about that. I just wanted to get to the room ASAP & unload the carry ons from our hands so we can re-fill our hands with drinks. :D

wow-=- this is so wrong on so many levels. That person needs severe training.

The cabin is NOT secured until 1:30 and leaving your stuff in the room is not a good idea. (notice how many people are walking the halls that are NOT supposed to be there yet.)

Cabin stewards start cleaning the rooms at 9am. and people are boarding at 11-- the suites are all located in the same area-- there is no way that the steward could clean all those rooms in that small allotted time frame.

Stewards cleans about 20-25 rooms

This is an untruth.

He is very wrong. There are so many people at the Carnival call center who need training. It took me 5 people just to link bookings for a B2B!