Air France pilot strike extended another week?

pris993

Just learned Air France pilots strike extended another week til 9/25, we are booked to leave 10/1.

Flying San Francisco thru Paris to Rome. Not sure what to do, looks like trying to get another flight at this point on another carrier not easy and costs $2000 pp.

60% of Air France flights were cancelled last week. The flight we would have taken from San Francisco to Paris is cancelled today.

Don't know what is the best thing to do, wait and see what happens next week? Or begin to look for another booking now vs wait???

May call Air France (when one calls Air France, Delta answers, no Air France customer service in USA) to see if they can help us get booked on another carrier now &/or call my TA for some options, we booked the flight ourselves.

Anyone else been in a similar situation and have some thoughts?

Maybe we are not suppose to do this cruise, it was suppose to go to Egypt, those ports dropped a year ago, then we watched right up past final payment regarding unrest in Israel, that finally got resolved, now Air France has issues... makes one wonder.

I hope the strike will end before your 10/1 flights. Are your flights actually operated by AF or another carrier? The strike only affects AF. If they are on AF, you can try and change them (with out charge) but you may run into a roadblock since 10/1 is outside the strike dates right now. It is doubtful that AF will move you to another airline at this point.If it were me, I'd explore my options with other airlines then if you should find your itinerary cancelled, you can be proactive in requesting another routing on a different airline. Unfortunately, as with most CS experiences, you may have to make a few calls before you get an agent that is willing to work with you. Following this strike on other web sites, it seems that experiences with rebooking run from great to terrible and in between.

Yes, I'd try talking to your TA and if you have status with AF or even Delta, you may have a path that way also.

We are booked on Lufthansa later this year and their strike pattern has me a bit worried. I'm following the AF strike and learning how others deal with cancelled flights. Unfortunately, it is a problem no matter what. Good luck!

I hope the strike will end before your 10/1 flights. Are your flights actually operated by AF or another carrier? The strike only affects AF. If they are on AF, you can try and change them (with out charge) but you may run into a roadblock since 10/1 is outside the strike dates right now. It is doubtful that AF will move you to another airline at this point.If it were me, I'd explore my options with other airlines then if you should find your itinerary cancelled, you can be proactive in requesting another routing on a different airline. Unfortunately, as with most CS experiences, you may have to make a few calls before you get an agent that is willing to work with you. Following this strike on other web sites, it seems that experiences with rebooking run from great to terrible and in between.

Yes, I'd try talking to your TA and if you have status with AF or even Delta, you may have a path that way also.

We are booked on Lufthansa later this year and their strike pattern has me a bit worried. I'm following the AF strike and learning how others deal with cancelled flights. Unfortunately, it is a problem no matter what. Good luck!

Only two airlines fly the route nonstop and that's United and AF. They don't codeshare with each other, so if OP's ticket says AF, it's actually AF.