5:45 dinner - can we make 7pm shows?

lmkucala

We found recently with three shows, (we had late fixed dining), we attended the 10 oclock show. Didn't have to rush through dinner (had table for 8), plenty of time to get to show and get good seats. That late show was never

crowded and we thoroughly enjoyed not rushing through the evening.(The Crown Princess).

In general the show times are set to coordinate with the fixed dining times. Princess shows usually start between 8-830pm for early seating and 10-1030pm for late seating. If there is a big deck party or something special planned for one evening the late show is moved to a pre dinner show about 645-7pm for the late seating dinner people.

As stated you can always move things along a bit faster if you mention to the waiters, and then I'd skip a couple of courses and/or dessert. But you're supposed to relax on a cruise so you can always attend the later show. Enjoy

Stick to one item each course & skip dessert & you'll make it although some shows will be tight. You can always go back to the restaurant after the show.

Instead of going to the restaurant and just ordering dessert & coffee, it would be better to go to the buffet for dessert if you didn't have time to have it with your dinner in the MDR. Anyway, I find the desserts are usually better in the buffet than in the MDR.

Instead of going to the restaurant and just ordering dessert & coffee, it would be better to go to the buffet for dessert if you didn't have time to have it with your dinner in the MDR. Anyway, I find the desserts are usually better in the buffet than in the MDR.
Now I need to disagree with you. I find very few desserts in the HC are worth the calories. Now the anytime creme brûlée, a soufflé or many of the ice creams, they are worth the calories. But each to their own and that is why there are choices on the ship. Edited by IECalCruiser

Sorry I'm sure this question has been asked but I've searched and can't find specifics. If we have the 5:45 dinner time on a Southbound Alaskan cruise will we be done in time for the 7pm shows? (assuming that is what time the shows usually are - have never sailed on Princess before).

7 out of 10 times I say no :eek:

Tony

Now I need to disagree with you. I find very few desserts in the HC are worth the calories. Now the anytime creme brûlée, a soufflé or many of the ice creams, they are worth the calories. But each to their own and that is why there are choices on the ship.

The desserts in the Horizon on the Royal lately have been exceptional and on some nights it's easier to go there vs the DR (especially after having changed into shorts immediately after dinner) ;)

Now I need to disagree with you. I find very few desserts in the HC are worth the calories. Now the anytime creme brûlée, a soufflé or many of the ice creams, they are worth the calories. But each to their own and that is why there are choices on the ship.
The desserts in the Horizon on the Royal lately have been exceptional and on some nights it's easier to go there vs the DR (especially after having changed into shorts immediately after dinner) ;)
On the Regal, we had dinner half of the nights in the Horizon Court/Bistro. For my tastes, my comment about the desserts still stands, but that is just my opinion.