Passion Island Question

PSkinner

Has anyone ever had a massage on Passion Island? If so, can you tell me the cost? We will be there 2 weeks from today(yippie) and were wondering about the amount of cash to take. Also, do the have wifi there?

We are heading there on Aug 16 so if no one answers this I can at least give you the info.

Anything else you might have questions on? If you think of any reply and i will try my best to get answers.

Been there a few times. Place where the corona commercials are actually filmed. Last we went, lunch was included and beer. But, that was a few years ago. But very nice area. Very rustic. Water very rough. Nice beach

Been there a few times. Place where the corona commercials are actually filmed. Last we went, lunch was included and beer. But, that was a few years ago. But very nice area. Very rustic. Water very rough. Nice beach

This is the first time that I have ever seen someone mention rough water. :confused: Could it have been the day you were there? Even the pictures that I have seen of the place looks fairly calm. Just wondering.

DH Had a massage a few years back on Passion Island. Said it was the best massage he had ever had. The guy was named either Victor or Hugo. I think it ran about $80.00 for an hour. He had originally asked for a 30 minute massage, but said it was so great he went for the whole hour!

Drinks are all included...

I believe that the meal is included in the price (we are doing the ship excursion), but I'm not sure about the drinks and if it's unlimited. If it's not, pricing on soda and alcohol please. :)

Drinks are all included...

I just want to make absolutely positively sure that ALL drinks (both soda and alcohol) are included throughout the day. I would hate to get there and find out that it's only with the meal or something.

When I go on to NCL's website, it states "A meal and beverage provided", so it's kind of unclear.

Are there any other expenses here? (Other than something you would buy at the gift shop).

I just want to make absolutely positively sure that ALL drinks (both soda and alcohol) are included throughout the day. I would hate to get there and find out that it's only with the meal or something.

When I go on to NCL's website, it states "A meal and beverage provided", so it's kind of unclear.

Are there any other expenses here? (Other than something you would buy at the gift shop).

We were there a couple of years ago. There are 2 free drinks provided - Sex on the Beach and a rum punch. You can get other drinks at a full bar, but they do cost. Not sure what kind of beer there was but it was not free when we were there.

I think there was also iced tea and lemonade. Can't remember, 'cuz I stayed with the rum punch. It wasn't real strong.

There are several small buildings for vendors. Everything from jewelry to clothing. We looked in a few but I'm not that much into shopping.

No, I must not have been clear. It isn't just 1 or 2 free drinks included. There were 2 different unlimited drinks offered that were located where the lunch was set out. If you wanted a specialty drink or something else we had to pay and it was at the little tiki bar by the beach.

Maybe it has changed since we've been there and every drink is free.

We went there with Carnival and Rccl....All drinks were included. I know because I had too many...Never heard of just one or two included ?

No, I must not have been clear. It isn't just 1 or 2 free drinks included. There were 2 different unlimited drinks offered that were located where the lunch was set out. If you wanted a specialty drink or something else we had to pay and it was at the little tiki bar by the beach.

Maybe it has changed since we've been there and every drink is free.

Do TXSAIL, was it only 2 particular drinks that you had too many of :D or was it all drinks?

Also do the drinks include soda? (At all you can drink)?

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from our cruise and I must say we were disappointed in Passion Island. Yes, unlimited drinks but they are very watered down. No beach service; you have to wait in a rather long line to get a drink. (save yourself time; ask for 2 at a time). Lunch was included but all they had was chips/salsa and some rather well cooked chicken wings. The wings were mostly bone, not much meat. :(

Our excursion showed 11-4 but after waiting on catamaran (just a tender boat not a catamaran) we did not arrive until 12:30. Had to be ready to leave by 3 so not much time on the beach. And since the passengers of the Triumph were already there no place to sit until they left at 1:30.

Next time we will pay the same price and go back to Nachi Cocom for unlimited drinks, beach service and a full 4 course meal.

The Passion Island excursions we booked through Princess were nothing like what PSkinner described.

When we have been there and a Carnival excursion came in, they were taken to a totally different section down the beach from where we were with it's own bar, food buffet, and chairs.

LuLu

Just returned from our cruise and I must say we were disappointed in Passion Island. Yes, unlimited drinks but they are very watered down. No beach service; you have to wait in a rather long line to get a drink. (save yourself time; ask for 2 at a time). Lunch was included but all they had was chips/salsa and some rather well cooked chicken wings. The wings were mostly bone, not much meat. :(

Our excursion showed 11-4 but after waiting on catamaran (just a tender boat not a catamaran) we did not arrive until 12:30. Had to be ready to leave by 3 so not much time on the beach. And since the passengers of the Triumph were already there no place to sit until they left at 1:30.

Next time we will pay the same price and go back to Nachi Cocom for unlimited drinks, beach service and a full 4 course meal.

Ours was nothing like this. We booked with the Twister ride over and back, which was a BLAST. We were the first ones there so we were able to score some great lounge chairs. Others arrived later, I think by a tender type boat. The unlimited drinks were very watered down, but there was never a line for them. the buffet was great. There was chips and salsa, chicken (not wings) salad, rice, beans, probably more. It smelled great and tasted very good. We were there about 6 hours.

I'm thinking maybe this tour has changed over the years? We booked through Celebrity, which was the only way to get the Twister ride. It's not offered any more, though.

Sorry to hear that you had a bad time. Can you tell us which cruise line you used for your tour?

We were traveling with friends on their first cruise and thought we'd try this excursion, easy boat/ferry ride from the port and a nice day on what so many reviewers described as a gorgeous beach. We were very disappointed in the beach and the experience. The drinks were good and they made sure we wanted nothing. Great chairs under a palapa and lunch was just ok as compared to other beach lunches we've enjoyed. I'm still amazed at the top-rated reviews on carnival's forum.

We stay in Playacar and ferry to Cozumel and drive to the beaches and we'd recommend that or a tour with a beach over Passion Island. Just a mediocre experience at best, and a disappointing beach experience.

We booked thru Carnival and I think that may be the issue. In the past we went thru Royal. Next week we are going to Nachi Cocom so I know I will be happy:)

Doesn't matter really, it's the place that matters, and we were just a little disappointed in the place. The excursion was fine - drinks are flowing, lunch is ready for you - just not as nice as we expected based on the rave reviews...

Doesn't matter really, it's the place that matters, and we were just a little disappointed in the place. The excursion was fine - drinks are flowing, lunch is ready for you - just not as nice as we expected based on the rave reviews...

When we booked it was solely for the Twister boat ride experience and we booked it through the ship. I don't think the Twister portion is offered any more. That part was worth the rest of it!!