Can we make this flight?

Should add that our last port stop (if that matters) is Liverpool, England. We will not be able to self disembark due to luggage (although I guess I could try). Hate to stay over another entire day. Also is it possible to just grab a cab at terminal to airport or do we need a reservation?

You've confused me, Jane. :confused:

(OK, I know it doesn't take much to confuse me :rolleyes: :D)

Are you considering jumping-ship at Liverpool & flying back (or to Amsterdam) from the UK rather than disembarking at cruise-end in Amsterdam?

If so, you'll possibly need the permission of the cruise line - it wouldn't break any cabotage rules, but you may need to clear immigration.

Taxis available at Liverpool pier, OK if you're heading for Liverpool's John Lennon airport (eg Amsterdam-bound) but much cheaper to pre-book a private transfer if bound for Manchester (eg for trans-Atlantic).

Others can better advise re ship-to-Amsterdam (Schipol) airport, but it's about 30 minutes by private transfer at daft o'clock in the morning. And about the same by frequent train though add a time-consuming walk from ship to station. Schipol is huge & can easily take ten minutes or more from entrance to check-in desk.

Double-check that your port is Amsterdam cruise terminal - there are other berths & some cruise lines are dumb enough to use the word Amsterdam when they actually port an hour away (45 mins from Schipol), in Rotterdam.

JB :)

Edited by John Bull

If you can get off the ship by 7am & pre book a taxi it is possible

I would consider packing light so you can take your own bags off as early as possible

Other option as JB asked is to get permission to jump ship in the UK & fly back from there

Edited by LHT28

Yes you can but indeed if you have a cab and arrrange self disembarktion. Also do you checkin online the night before.

Most airlines to the USA want you at the airport 3 hours before.

The drive from port to airport is about 30/40 minutes depending on traffic.

Just wanted to comment on your photo ..it is nice to put a face to all your helpful posts over the years ;)

Lyn

Thanks Lyn. Some other people were asking for it, but I was doubintg about it.

Thank you all for your kind replies. Sorry to confuse anyone - the ship sails and returns to Amsterdam per the cruise docs. No mention of Rotterdam. This would be Celebrity Silhouette in August. We do not wish to get off in Liverpool but it was mentioned once that sometimes the last port stop can impact getting through customs slower. We arrive at 6:00 a.m. so should be off by 7:00. It will be close but I'll cross my fingers. :)

Thank you all for your kind replies. Sorry to confuse anyone - the ship sails and returns to Amsterdam per the cruise docs. No mention of Rotterdam. This would be Celebrity Silhouette in August. We do not wish to get off in Liverpool but it was mentioned once that sometimes the last port stop can impact getting through customs slower. We arrive at 6:00 a.m. so should be off by 7:00. It will be close but I'll cross my fingers. :)

Then I assume you are sailing in 2015, not this year.

Realise August is one of the busiest month at the airport with lots of passengers, so you might need some extra time. Security takes place at the gate (so donot spend too much time at the many taxfree shops!). However rumor is they might change that back to a central place.

Why not spend 1 night in Amsterdam, have a look around in town and you have time enough the next day to get your flight.

The reason we don't wish to stick around over night is because we leave the U.S. on Wednesday to arrive in Amsterdam on Thursday. Thursday we can look around a bit and try to get on local time, Friday we'll site see and Saturday will cruise. I've got puppies that will be missing me badly at that point and I'll be ready to go home. :)

I think we shall try to make it and if not - then hope we get on the next day.