Ketchikan: distance from pier to Creek St.?

It's walkable. We did it when we were there in 2012. Below is a link to a map that might help you.

http://www.experienceketchikan.com/support-files/downtownmap.pdf

Also, here is a link to the pictures my wife took for her website on the walk we took around town.

Ketchikan, AK ~ A Walk Around Town

Keep in mind that it's located in a rainforest so be prepared for rain. On our first cruise, it poured but we enjoyed going ashore for our shore excursion and even walked around a bit before going back to the ship. On our 2012 cruise, the weather was beautiful, warm, and sunny.

Alaska is amazing. I'm sure you will have a great cruise.

It still looks pretty much like this. We walked around then took the funicular up the hill and walked down. Saw hundreds of salmon when we crossed the bridge over the creek just a few blocks inland from the ship.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

If you are docked at Berth 4 -- and we were 2 years in a row, it is not 3/4 of a mile to Creek Street.

Many of us had to take shuttle buses just to get into town.

Fair point, didn't think about that ! We were obviously lucky. Once you get to the Visitor Info centre it's about 1/2 mile to that area.

Thanks to geocruiser too :)

It's walkable. We did it when we were there in 2012. Below is a link to a map that might help you.

http://www.experienceketchikan.com/support-files/downtownmap.pdf

Also, here is a link to the pictures my wife took for her website on the walk we took around town.

Ketchikan, AK ~ A Walk Around Town

Keep in mind that it's located in a rainforest so be prepared for rain. On our first cruise, it poured but we enjoyed going ashore for our shore excursion and even walked around a bit before going back to the ship. On our 2012 cruise, the weather was beautiful, warm, and sunny.

Alaska is amazing. I'm sure you will have a great cruise.

Wonderful photos. Thanks for posting.

The Good Fortune restaurant

#4 Creek Street :)

John, is that the restaurant where so many of the Indonesian and Filipino crew eat? We walked past a restaurant many times, and there are always crews from the different ships.

The last time we were in Ketchikan in May, we stopped into the Burger Queen to have a malt after reading the reviews on different websites. There were many HAL employees including the CD, and an Guest Relation employee. Have you ever stopped by that little shack?

John, is that the restaurant where so many of the Indonesian and Filipino crew eat? We walked past a restaurant many times, and there are always crews from the different ships.

The last time we were in Ketchikan in May, we stopped into the Burger Queen to have a malt after reading the reviews on different websites. There were many HAL employees including the CD, and an Guest Relation employee. Have you ever stopped by that little shack?

Yes it is! I have been told it's a lot like home grown cooking to the Indonesians and Filipinos

Burger Queen is a close second, although it's not like home grown cooking! ;)