Verizon Rewards Discount on Gift Card

So I was on my verizon account today and noticed their rewards program. Within the program was Carnival Cruise Cash and E-Giftcards. All where 10% off face valve. Anyone ever used these for anything on their cruises. I an considering purchasing enough in gift cards to cover the cost of the Cheers program. It lowers the cost to $38.25 vs the normal $42.50. Not much but when you figure in the 5 days and amount of people you need to purchase for the savings is worth the hassle. I normally don't buy gift cards from 3rd parties. Just want to make sure I'm not throwing $500 away right before I set sail.

So I was on my verizon account today and noticed their rewards program. Within the program was Carnival Cruise Cash and E-Giftcards. All where 10% off face valve. Anyone ever used these for anything on their cruises. I an considering purchasing enough in gift cards to cover the cost of the Cheers program. It lowers the cost to $38.25 vs the normal $42.50. Not much but when you figure in the 5 days and amount of people you need to purchase for the savings is worth the hassle. I normally don't buy gift cards from 3rd parties. Just want to make sure I'm not throwing $500 away right before I set sail.

I have purchased $350 of the Verizon ecards and had no issues using towards my payment.

I purchased 8 of the $100 ecards from Verizon rewards for the trip we went on a couple of weeks ago...to cover cheers for 2 and tips for 3. It was a very easy process at guest services.

Did Verizon send you actual gift cards or just email you the codes for the credits? With "e gift card" makes me think it's an online deal not a physical gift card

Carnival had a Father's Day promo at 10% off their gift cards also. Between that and the Verizon program I'm getting basically 10% off my cruise, and OBC. It's awesome! I got one from Verizon, and they emailed it right away. I printed it out and I did check the balance on carnival just to make sure, and it said $100. Paid $90. :D

Just bought a $800 for $720, whoo hoo. Checked my balances on line $800 :p

Did Verizon send you actual gift cards or just email you the codes for the credits? With "e gift card" makes me think it's an online deal not a physical gift card

I chose the e gift card option where they email the cards. The email comes directly from Carnival not verizon. I believe there was an option to be mailed cards but you pay for shipping. I printed the emailed cards and took them on board with me. And kept the emails on my phone as a back up.

I purchased $1200 of the Verizon gift cards to pay off our cruise recently. The $120 savings was nice! You will receive the email with gift certificate information.within 5 minutes. It will also be in you "account" area of the Verizon's rewards program.

Print them out and take them with you. We are going to buy more to cover expenses on the sign and spend card--oops I mean sign and sail card!!!

Enjoy your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will use this on my next Carnival cruise. I have over 90,000 points and have to use them up somehow. A lot of the other "stuff" they offer is of no interest to me so I'll save 10% on my cruise and on board account.

I also noticed that Verizon added Celebrity e-gift cards "BUT" they can only be used to pay for a cruise, maximum $500, so they are not as good as the Carnival offer. I would use them for OBC and not for paying a cruise.

Take care,

Mike

Edited by MMastell

They are a great deal. Used them for our on board account (& tips) a few weeks ago and worked great. The arrive instantly via email, print them and bring them on board with you to guest services to apply to your on board account. I purchased some for $100.00 and a few for $50.00, after an initial amount I put down then I just applied them as needed;)

I just checked my Verizon Rewards and the Carnival reward is sold out :(. I can get one for Royal Caribbean BUT it can only be used for a deposit on new bookings and not valid for OBC, Excursions or Gratitudes. BUMMER.

Edited by lady_cruiser

I just checked my Verizon Rewards and the Carnival reward is sold out :(. I can get one for Royal Caribbean BUT it can only be used for a deposit on new bookings and not valid for OBC, Excursions or Gratitudes. BUMMER.

The "Carnival Cruise Dollars Certificate $100" is the only one sold out. At the time that I am writing this the Carnival E-Gift Cards are still available in $50, $100 and $500 amounts.

Take care,

Mike

Edited by MMastell

I am still able to purchase all carnival egift card options.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The E-cards are the way to go for sure. I have read that some people ran into limitations on the other. If the cards sell out as they have in the past then just hold tight. They should come back. I surmise that they get a block of them to sell and then have to reload :)

We used $1100 (for $990) to pay off our January cruise. We did it through goccl ( the TA page) since thats how we booked this time. It was easy breezy. We haven't used any onboard yet, but the folks who have done it had no problems. We plan to grab enuf GC to cover grats, steakhouse and a little extra for spending aboard. Its been fun to get the Verizon deal, especially since we booked our cruise on a great deal in the first place and have upgraded for a decline in price :p

I checked out the other cruise line offers at Verizon and the Carnival one is by FAR the best !

I did $300 in the E gift cards a couple weeks ago and used to make the final payment on my cruise. I was thinking to buy a few more and print out and take with me to have applied to my shipboard account. Saving even $10 helps. With the cruise I ended up getting $30 off my final payment by using the e-card.