is Aft cabin worth it?

We had our aft cabin on the Vision OTS. I thought the cabin was a bit bigger and the balcony was definitely bigger...table, chairs and 2 loungers. The walk was longer to anyplace, but it was also quieter. I would recommend an aft cabin to anyone and would book one anytime I could.

Mary

An aft balcony on the Radiance class (Jewel) is wonderful because the ship is a bit smaller than most in the fleet so the longer walk to the aft cabin is not an issue.

We've had 1102, 1104 and 9256 and have enjoyed all three. Center hump is super convenient especially if you have several sea days and end up going back and forth to/from the cabin.

If you select the aft, remember to place a towel on the balcony furniture before sitting, especially if wearing white. I speak from experience.

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

I am the same way as the OP. I have always had midship but after reading all the plusses about the bigger balconies and the loungers on the aft balconies I have to take the plunge. I booked a corner aft on the Adventure, complete with the stripper pole in the stateroom and I cannot wait to see if I like it as much as I hope I will.

There are several advantages to an aft cabin. The balcony is bigger. There is always a great view of the wake when the ship is in motion. You can always see the shoreline. You don't have to worry about lots of people making noise as they walk past your cabin because your cabin is at the end of the hall.

hi, thinking of booking my first Aft cabin on the jewel next year. should i do it? always had a mid ship balcony.

My opinion, it depends on the class ship. On the Jewel YES!!! Absolutely worth it! :D

I am the same way as the OP. I have always had midship but after reading all the plusses about the bigger balconies and the loungers on the aft balconies I have to take the plunge. I booked a corner aft on the Adventure, complete with the stripper pole in the stateroom and I cannot wait to see if I like it as much as I hope I will.

Keep in mind that corner aft on the adventure is going to be partially wrapped in steel structure. There is a difference in aft cabins/balcony and views depending on the class of ship your on.

An aft balcony on the Radiance class (Jewel) is wonderful because the ship is a bit smaller than most in the fleet so the longer walk to the aft cabin is not an issue.

We've had 1102, 1104 and 9256 and have enjoyed all three. Center hump is super convenient especially if you have several sea days and end up going back and forth to/from the cabin.

If you select the aft, remember to place a towel on the balcony furniture before sitting, especially if wearing white. I speak from experience.

enjoy

M

Our first aft was 1104 on the Jewel. And have stayed with them ever since. They totally rock!!!!

Oh, not too much particulates on Radiance class ships thanks to their gas turbine engines, Vision class, on the other hand....

Still- always prefer sailing in the aft for us.