Dinner in the kitchen

clott

Did I read somewhere that you can have a private dinner in the kitchen. It included wine with dinner and a different menu the the main dining room. Is this on all ships or certain ones and what is the price. Just want to make sure I wasn't dreaming this

the only 'dine in the kitchen' I know oi is Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. 1 or 2 seating a night for like $200 per person.

There's actually lots of restaurants that offer it. Just do a search to find some.

OP, RCI offers something called "Chef's Table" on some ships, but it's not a chef's table in the traditional sense. It's not in the kitchen, and the menu is preselected for the ship and not made up on the spot or for that particular day by the chef, as true chef's tables generally are.

Edited by time4u2go

Did I read somewhere that you can have a private dinner in the kitchen. It included wine with dinner and a different menu the the main dining room. Is this on all ships or certain ones and what is the price. Just want to make sure I wasn't dreaming this

sounds like you are talking about Chefs Table....

It is not on all ships and sorry I don't know the price

Chef's Table is not the same price on all ships. No wonder you don't know! (RC strikes again!)

It's not the chefs table I know. See I was probably dreaming again lol. This one you actually ate in the kitchen and I think there were only like 2 tables that seated either2 or 4 people. Maybe it was on the navigator. I read so many things who knows.

Chef's Table is not the same price on all ships. No wonder you don't know! (RC strikes again!)

Thanks!! Now my question would be, do they all serve the same thing? I have seen 2 or 3 different reviews and they all sounded the same or close to the same and I wasn't sure!

It's not the chefs table I know. See I was probably dreaming again lol. This one you actually ate in the kitchen and I think there were only like 2 tables that seated either2 or 4 people. Maybe it was on the navigator. I read so many things who knows.

Dreaming about Hell's Kitchen maybe? :D

I guess I can see where Ramsey is worth dreaming about ;)

Yes, dinner IN the kitchen was offered last year for a short while (not the same as Chef's Table) on the Grandeur.

We had a dinner for two there and it was as much fun as anything we've done on the Grandeur.

Unfortunately, citing safety reasons, it was discontinued.

They served a special menu that was even a notch above Chef's Kitchen.

I made mention of the experience on a thread last year. It feels very special to have done something that is not offered in the fleet.

Edited by beachnative