Anthem of seas - Specialty Reasturants

AdvGirl

Just took advantage of dinning deal posted for my Feb 6 anthem cruise. They have 3, 4, and 5 day packages.

The three day made sense since I can try the 4 complementary restaurant and 3 specialty reasturant.

My deal was 3 specialty restaurant for $80 per person. You have to choose a time on either day one or day two. You will not know which Restaurants till you get onboard. The other two reservations are your choice but you can not make them till you are on board. I am planning on Jamie's, chops, and wonderland which is $38 dollar savings. May do Jamie's for lunch instead and do chops twice which is $47 savings. If you go to a ala carte restaurant you get a $30 credit toward meal.

Any thoughts fellow Anthem cruisers?

I booked it for 4 days going the following week-- my cruise is 8 days, so similar thought as yours: 4 specialty (wonderland, chops, Jamie's, Izumi) and then 1 each complementary. My only concern is that I was not able to prebook times-- don't necessarily want to eat at 5:30.

I booked it for 4 days going the following week-- my cruise is 8 days, so similar thought as yours: 4 specialty (wonderland, chops, Jamie's, Izumi) and then 1 each complementary. My only concern is that I was not able to prebook times-- don't necessarily want to eat at 5:30.

Hopefully day one can get some good times for the other reasturants of our choice. I picked 8pm day one figured would be at sea by then and good way to close out the first day. Hoping I can get good times on other days.

Just took advantage of dinning deal posted for my Feb 6 anthem cruise. They have 3, 4, and 5 day packages.

The three day made sense since I can try the 4 complementary restaurant and 3 specialty reasturant.

My deal was 3 specialty restaurant for $80 per person. You have to choose a time on either day one or day two. You will not know which Restaurants till you get onboard. The other two reservations are your choice but you can not make them till you are on board. I am planning on Jamie's, chops, and wonderland which is $38 dollar savings. May do Jamie's for lunch instead and do chops twice which is $47 savings. If you go to a ala carte restaurant you get a $30 credit toward meal.

Any thoughts fellow Anthem cruisers?

Just so you know, but there are 5 complimentary restaurants on board: Silk, Chic, American Icon, The Grande (formal) and Devinly Decadance.

On the Anthem right now. Have eaten at Grande, Chic, silk, and american icon. All were mediocre, at best. And, Food never hot. If you order fish, it is only overcooked. No rare or medium.

However, restaurant service has been ok. Hopefully specialty restaurants are better.

Sorry to here that - my experience has been quality of food varies by dish. Some are very good others are so so. Kind of like a lot of reasturants.

We need a dish by dish rating guide.

Also if my food is cold I send it back even if not hot.

Hope your specialty experiences are much better.

I purchased the five night package for an upcoming 10 night Anthem cruise in January for $110 pp. We were already booked in Wonderland, Jamie's and Chops; net net, when considering the cost of those three after the 20% discount for booking prior to sailing, we're picking up two more restaurants for an additional $16.60 pp.

OP's narration matches my understanding from Royal. One must dine in a speciality restaurant either the first or second night, but I was permitted to choose between the two. Otherwise, one selects a time, but the remaining nights of your reservations and order of the restaurants are up to Royal. Once the dining schedule is received on the first day of the cruise (delivered to the stateroom, apparently), one is at liberty to reschedule the restaurants, nights and times subject to then-current availability. Only so many packages are allowed to book (request) a given time prior to cruising - for example, the 7pm time was sold out when I purchased the package, so I requested another time.

We plan to do the same three restaurants above, maybe Izumi and then probably Chops again. With the mixed reviews of the included restaurants, having the option for five nights in specialty restaurants seemed like a good idea. And, because of the relatively low marginal cost per restaurant, if we end up and love the included restaurants too, leaving one or two specialty nights unused would not be particularly traumatizing, especially if it would have been a repeat visit.

We have 5 specialty restaurants booked and paid in Cruise Planner. Contacted RCL and they said that difference between package price and price paid will be given as onboard credit to us. We made the bookings when package was launched but wasn't yet bookable in Cruise Planner.

Hi - we did the 3 night package as well ... on Anthem. We did not book it until on ship. I think you will get times close to what you want if you reserve the other two early in the cruise.

All of this is so subjective. We did Jamie's, Chops, and Wonderland. We are pretty picky eaters, so if we did it over would probably do Jamie's or Chops twice instead of Wonderland. But at least we experienced it.

Enjoy! :)

There is a lot adjacent to the port that charges $19 a day. I see there are a few other lots that are significantly lower, anyone have any experience with the cheaper lots?

I have no experience with parking in the least expensive lots. It is safer and very convenient to park at the port in the $19 a day lot, in which you can now park in the garage, which is enclosed and directly opposite the old parking lot.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising