RC cruiser new to X (suite questions)

jules815

I've just booked a Sky Suite for a March, 2016 Spring Break cruise.

I've mainly sailed with RC. Not looking to compare, but have questions.

Is it necessary to make dinner reservations for Luminae? Can this be handled once on board or by booking online? Breakfast and lunch, just show up? Are breakfast hours different on sea/port days?

Do sky suite passengers also have access to Blu? Is Blu only open for dinner?

Is there a concierge lounge or something similar? (Is that Michael's Club? I know sky suites don't have access.)

Does the butler serve the role of what a concierge does on RC?

Are there any other suite perks? (Luggage Valet?)

I've just booked a Sky Suite for a March, 2016 Spring Break cruise.

I've mainly sailed with RC. Not looking to compare, but have questions.

Is it necessary to make dinner reservations for Luminae? Can this be handled once on board or by booking online? Breakfast and lunch, just show up? Are breakfast hours different on sea/port days?

No need for reservations. On some sailings they may ask for an approximate dinner time. On our May Alaska sailing we just showed up. Am interested to see if it is the same on Reflection over Thanksgiving.

Do sky suite passengers also have access to Blu? Is Blu only open for dinner?
Blu is open for breakfast and dinner and is available to suite on a space-available basis (so, usually not a problem!)

Is there a concierge lounge or something similar? (Is that Michael's Club? I know sky suites don't have access.)

There is a ship concierge. on our last cruise we never needed to even call her.

Butler will bring room service, take care of reservations and anything else you need. In May, Luggage valet was included at no charge as a suite perk.

Thank you for replying so quickly.

Nice to see Luggage Valet was included. We had it as a perk in September on Freedom of the Seas. It was our first time using it, and it worked out really well. I'd actually pay for it. :)

Luminae is the real value perk for sky suites. Conceirge service, Michael's club and other perks kick in at Celebrity Suite and above.

You will get priority boarding and butler service. Your butler will sort reservations etc for you but you probably will find it as easy to do yourself. Reservations are not needed for any meal but they will generally ask you at b or l time what time you are likely to dine that night. You will also get one or two free speciality meals free depending on your cruise length.

Afternoon tea will also be butler service which we do enjoy.

Before the introduction of Luminae, Sky suites were a bit like junior suites on Royal, sounds good but you just have a slightly bigger room.

If you can follow pricing or push your budget a bit the higher end suites do offer so much more. We have cruised in the top RCCL suites and the service level at present is just no comparison to the level of service on Celebrity.

Have a great cruise.

No lounge or dedicated concierge for Sky suites, but can use the general ship concierge by guest services of course.

Butler is a position on X Royal doesn't have. Royal is creating "Royal Genie's" next year as part of its Royal Suite class.

Another poster said Luggage valet was free, I wonder if that applied to a Sky Suite? I can say last time I sailed in a PH and could use Luggage Valet, I still had to pay. Same in a RS. So if this is the case, it's new, or allowed sporadically. But he program has evolved many times over the last year. Also luggage valet is not offer on all cruises, ships or itineraries. I have noted that the shorter 3-4-5 day Connie cruises for example don't always offer it even in Fort Lauderdale. And also remember IF valet is used your flight must be after a certain cut off time. I think it's 11 am in FLL and noon at MIA (maybe noon and 1). I had a flight at 10:55 once, and they would not allow me to use it.

Here's a good recap of the program.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

Edited by cle-guy

Luminae is the real value perk for sky suites. Conceirge service, Michael's club and other perks kick in at Celebrity Suite and above.

You will get priority boarding and butler service. Your butler will sort reservations etc for you but you probably will find it as easy to do yourself. Reservations are not needed for any meal but they will generally ask you at b or l time what time you are likely to dine that night. You will also get one or two free speciality meals free depending on your cruise length.

Afternoon tea will also be butler service which we do enjoy.

Before the introduction of Luminae, Sky suites were a bit like junior suites on Royal, sounds good but you just have a slightly bigger room.

If you can follow pricing or push your budget a bit the higher end suites do offer so much more. We have cruised in the top RCCL suites and the service level at present is just no comparison to the level of service on Celebrity.

Have a great cruise.

I will definitely be following prices. If I were sailing with my husband, we would probably bump it up to the next level. Sailing with my 22 year old daughter, who was originally going with college friends in an interior on Carnival, I'm sure the Sky Suite will be great. :) I do check prices every day though, and being that we're sailing during college spring break, there may still be some suites left when it gets closer to sail date.

Hi

If not done so remember to transfer your RCCL status

over to Celebrity.

Good point.

Reciprocal benefits are given starting with Platinum & Emerald C&A get select perks.

Diamond and above get Elite perks.

There is no reciprocity at Gold.

Details: http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=971&faqSubjectId=340

Hi

If not done so remember to transfer your RCCL status

over to Celebrity.

Yes, done. I did that last night when I registered for Captain's Club. Logged on this morning with Elite status, which isn't nothing. Pretty nice actually. :)

Our last 6 cruises have been in sky suites. We have eaten every dinner in Blu since then (the "space available" has never been a problem and we have never felt we were displacing Aqua pax as when we sat down there were always plenty of seats left). We also have eaten many breakfasts there.

Now you'll have Luminae.

It was explained the clearest to me years ago, about the butler vs. the stateroom attendant. The butler is there to take care of YOU. The stateroom attendant takes care of the stateroom and his assistant usually is the bathroom guy.

We don't use a butler too very much but for setting up a small party he's great. Just let him take the ball and roll! He'll bring your room service food - for us it's breakfast on every single port morning to save the back and forth before leaving the ship. He also will bring treats and drinks in the afternoon if you wish. We usually don't use that service other than maybe some tea and refreshing our ice bucket, because we just don't eat snacks all day long.

I don't believe luggage valet (to the airport I presume) is free.

Mostly the biggest perks are the bigger room (which we absolutely love) and Luminae. Add your elite perks and it's even better.

Another poster said Luggage valet was free, I wonder if that applied to a Sky Suite? I can say last time I sailed in a PH and could use Luggage Valet, I still had to pay. Same in a RS. So if this is the case, it's new, or allowed sporadically.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

We were in a sky suite on Solstice the beginning of May, and luggage valet was indeed free. Of course, only my suitcase made it home on time, as my husband's was left at the port of Seattle. (Celebrity actually worked with me and it was not too painful to get it back.)

Don't forget, depending the length of your cruise you get free specialty dining, which just provides a nice change, between Luminae, Blu, Tuscan Grill, and Ocean Liners.

While there is w fairly nice suite room service menu, feel free to order anything you'd like for breakfast and they usually accommodate. We just write it in on the side. You can order room service in your cabin, served course by course with linens, etc as opposed to simply dropping a try off. You won't find this on Royal. Service and perk wise, you'll find a sky suite superior to a grand suite on Royal, just a bit smaller with less open floor space.

If you can get 6145 or 6146, choose those first.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Don't forget, depending the length of your cruise you get free specialty dining, which just provides a nice change, between Luminae, Blu, Tuscan Grill, and Ocean Liners.

While there is w fairly nice suite room service menu, feel free to order anything you'd like for breakfast and they usually accommodate. We just write it in on the side. You can order room service in your cabin, served course by course with linens, etc as opposed to simply dropping a try off. You won't find this on Royal. Service and perk wise, you'll find a sky suite superior to a grand suite on Royal, just a bit smaller with less open floor space.

If you can get 6145 or 6146, choose those first.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks! And yes, I was able to get 6145. ☺ That's why I didn't drag my feet and booked today. Just learned about those two cabins this morning.

A little off topic, but we have an upcoming cruise where there are 2 accessible Sky Suites, one deck 9 CS and these cabins available:

Seems so odd that 6145 and 6146 are still available and have been for months.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Capture.jpg.8dbebf9cef2aadfaf7e9b470eef80c54.jpg

A little off topic, but we have an upcoming cruise where there are 2 accessible Sky Suites, one deck 9 CS and these cabins available:

Seems so odd that 6145 and 6146 are still available and have been for months.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

What is the source for this? I haven't found a source that lists connecting cabins like this so simply....

What is the source for this? I haven't found a source that lists connecting cabins like this so simply....

Not allowed to post here, but it's that big internet site that advertises often on here, based in NH with a website from the 80s. Their names starts with what a group of of 8 rowers is called or the staff on a ship, and ends with what and illegal artists who takes gullible people's money, or the shortened name someone who have been convicted of a crime.

;) :D

Happy sailing,

Jena