Breakaway - Confused about additional fees

ginaf

Hi ..I have sailed on NCL at least 6 times from NYC and I have always loved this cruise line. I booked to the breakaway for next summer and I've been hearing some negative information about the fees on this boat. We have never paid for entertainment on the other boats (Gem, Jewel, Dawn). Does anyone know if there are fees for the entertainment? We are not as concerned with paying an additional fee for dining since we usually eat 5 nights in main dining and two nights a fee dining. I am just concerned about any additional charges since this is already a high priced cruise. We just got off the Disney Fantasy for one week and this cruise is almost the same price...just hope its worth it :)

You might want to periodically check the NCL Facebook pages for announcements.

http://www.facebook.com/Norwegiancruiseline/app_205017296207852

They do not mention which will be an extra fee, but i would guess that Rock of Ages and Cirque Dream may be extra-cost.

Just keep checking the news and CC NCL board to learn more as it is released.

Hi ..I have sailed on NCL at least 6 times from NYC and I have always loved this cruise line. I booked to the breakaway for next summer and I've been hearing some negative information about the fees on this boat. We have never paid for entertainment on the other boats (Gem, Jewel, Dawn). Does anyone know if there are fees for the entertainment? We are not as concerned with paying an additional fee for dining since we usually eat 5 nights in main dining and two nights a fee dining. I am just concerned about any additional charges since this is already a high priced cruise. We just got off the Disney Fantasy for one week and this cruise is almost the same price...just hope its worth it :)

You seem to have an information source that many posters here do not. Perhaps you could share links to where you read about the fees. Sometimes knowing both the source and the context helps a great deal with the interpretation.

You might want to periodically check the NCL Facebook pages for announcements.

http://www.facebook.com/Norwegiancruiseline/app_205017296207852

They do not mention which will be an extra fee, but i would guess that Rock of Ages and Cirque Dream may be extra-cost.

Just keep checking the news and CC NCL board to learn more as it is released.

Rock of Ages I would presume to be free , as the Blue Man Group are on the Epic.

See the link with Sheehan interview about Breakaway including entertainment and dining options:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/28/2873385/norwegian-breakaway-to-draw-entertainment.html

Sheehan said that dinner show will be for fee, the rest of shows will be included to the cost of the cruise

It will follow Epic so the "included" ents will be:

Howl at the Moon

Slam Allen

2nd city

Rock of ages

Burn the floor

Atrium ents

White hot party

Night clubs

Piano bar players/singers

Pay ents

The new Cirque dream & dinner

Same with dining.

Included:

3 main restaurants

Buffet

O'Sheehans

Breezeway

Optional (cover charge)

Moderno/Cagneys

Bistro

La cuccina

Blue Ocean seafood

Gelato

Tepp/shanghai/etc..

thanks everyone...feeling better knowing that the entertainment is free with the exception of the Cirque dinner. As far as the dining it seems the same as the other ships...with some more specialty options added. I was considering changing back to the Gem back I think the breakaway will be great!! thanks again!

Oh lord, don't change! The Breakaway is going to be a great ship! It is following the charges for the Cirque show as they currently are on the Epic.

thanks everyone...feeling better knowing that the entertainment is free with the exception of the Cirque dinner. As far as the dining it seems the same as the other ships...with some more specialty options added. I was considering changing back to the Gem back I think the breakaway will be great!! thanks again!

See the link with Sheehan interview about Breakaway including entertainment and dining options:

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/06/28/2873385/norwegian-breakaway-to-draw-entertainment.html

Sheehan said that dinner show will be for fee, the rest of shows will be included to the cost of the cruise

This is the CORRECT Information. Only Cirque Jungle which is the dinner show has a fee. It would defeat all of NCL's effort to offer the finest entertainment at Sea, advertise it as so special...and then charge us. NO WAY...As with the Epic, all entertainment except the Cirque dinner shows is part of the cruise fare. That mean no fee.

Archived