Orient Beach - New Beach Bars

jcg4550

Here are a couple photos from Orange Fever 2 weeks ago. Everything was in excellent condition and I was surprised at the value: $8 total for a chair, an umbrella and a drink. They were removing seaweed with the bulldozer but this is my best picture of the chairs.c83ecc54f2c3834de992cf437408b116.jpg9df1ff6b04cf1b8eb68e6282e4a2bd1e.jpg195f24d4971154f012326571fc43d26e.jpg

We took a shared taxi van from the port. There were many people wanting to go so they just grouped us together and we got the $7pp rate for 5+ people. The city bus doesn't go there because of a large neighborhood you have to go through to get to the beach.

Anyway, they dropped us off behind one beach club but we just walked through it out onto the beach, turned right, and went down about 2 clubs to Orange Fever.

If you take a van taxi there is a access road running behind all the places. Just tell them where you want to be dropped off. If not they take you to whomever is their buddy.

Somebody might confirm but I think Kon Tiki and Orange are close to each other. Kon Tiki is higher than Orange but maybe a little nicer place. Just depends on what appeals to you

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you take a van taxi there is a access road running behind all the places. Just tell them where you want to be dropped off. If not they take you to whomever is their buddy.

Somebody might confirm but I think Kon Tiki and Orange are close to each other. Kon Tiki is higher than Orange but maybe a little nicer place. Just depends on what appeals to you

Kon Tiki & Orange Fever are close to each other. We like Kon Tiki!!

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer Kon Tiki and the beaches nearby to Orange Fever. Even though prices for chairs will be cheaper there, the lounges are very close together and people are packed in. As you go further up the beach, the lounges are further apart.

We have an afternoon on St Maarten--ship docks a little after noon--in late July. I've been all over the map on where to go bc I would like to get to the French side but was thinking that Orient would be too crowded and party feel. We'll have 2 young teens and a Nana. But your pictures look quiet. Will the beaches likely be packed by 1 when we would get there? We're not into shopping, and I'm worried Grand Case won't have enough of a beach and that Anse Mancel would take way too long to get to to be worth it. We'd want to be back on boat by around 5:30/6.

Is there a particular spot at Orient that anyone would recommend or is going to the beach that late in the day not a great idea in late July?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
We have an afternoon on St Maarten--ship docks a little after noon--in late July. I've been all over the map on where to go bc I would like to get to the French side but was thinking that Orient would be too crowded and party feel. We'll have 2 young teens and a Nana. But your pictures look quiet. Will the beaches likely be packed by 1 when we would get there? We're not into shopping, and I'm worried Grand Case won't have enough of a beach and that Anse Mancel would take way too long to get to to be worth it. We'd want to be back on boat by around 5:30/6.

Is there a particular spot at Orient that anyone would recommend or is going to the beach that late in the day not a great idea in late July?

Thanks!

I like the area in front of KonTiki.

Most of these pics were taken on our land based vacation last June. It was around 8:30am, so that is why it looks empty. Cruise port days can get pretty crowded, but I dont view it was a "party" beach. I have

never seen any out of control behavior...Cant say that about too many

beaches at home [emoji12]

It looks like you are the only ship that day, so it shouldn't be crowded, no matter how late.

During the summer, we usually leave the beach around four o'clock.

We really like Orange Fever, as we like the people there and their prices are very reasonable, with a package of chair, umbrella, drink and bathroom access for like $8 per person.

Good food, too. I think the best burger I have ever had on a beach, anywhere.

It looks like you are the only ship that day, so it shouldn't be crowded, no matter how late.

During the summer, we usually leave the beach around four o'clock.

We really like Orange Fever, as we like the people there and their prices are very reasonable, with a package of chair, umbrella, drink and bathroom access for like $8 per person.

Good food, too. I think the best burger I have ever had on a beach, anywhere.

Gary,

You are the man for my Caribbean info!!! Is there a location that will tell you what ship is in what port, what day? We're in St. Maarten on 7/27, and the crowds (or lack of) may dictate what my plans will be. Right now just planning on laying on the beach by the boardwalk, maybe a little shopping and of course tipping a couple of Amstel Brights!!!

Thank you for the info,

Keeping the sun out and about, and the seas calm,

Andy