Smoking Locations under new policy?

tel2

I cannot believe I'm actually starting a new thread on the smoking policy, but we have three cruises booked.

Now that it is past November 1 and the new smoking policy is in effect, can folks chime in if you have sailed or are sailing after November 1 and tell us where the outdoor smoking areas are on each of the ships? Thanks.

Terry

Or indeed, what actions if any are being taken by NCL staff if smoking or vaping is found to be taking place in the cabins or on the balcony? Has anybody been dobbed in yet by other passengers?

Edited by Ewoodspark

Exactly. So perhaps we could have this thread only for answers to the OP question.

:)

"where the outdoor smoking areas are on each of the ships?"

On the Sun it was allowed on the forward port side of the pool area and also on the little deck area above The Great Outdoors just outside the doors to Las Ramblas and Le Bistro. This second area is also the designated cigar smoking area. Most people did not mind cigar smokers in the smoking area at the pool but it is recommended to ask first.

On ships with the Waterfront, anywhere on the starboard side there should be fair game as long as it's away from the eating venues and in the cigar lounge. Other than that, I'm also curious as to my upcoming sailing as to where the locations will be and how to actually dispose of the cigarettes (do I have an ashtray permanently attached to me?). I don't like littering. :D

I would think you're right about wanting to know a spot close at hand as far as your cabin goes. I'd probably focus on areas that were smoking areas before the new policy came into effect but it'll be specific to the ship too so if you're partial to which ship you want to cruise on, perhaps that would give you more specific info for choosing a cabin.

We're on the Sun next month but I'm sure other's will have the info you seek before then.

How will you know if someone is using their e-cig or pen in their cabin or on their balcony?

Sorry to disappoint you, but you will NOT know if someone is using an E-cig because there is NO smell or odor. It is purely water vapor which disappears in two or 3 seconds.

So, no need to worry yourself in advance. Best way to ease your concerns is take an oceanview or inside cabin. No worries about anything.

Have a nice cruise.

As with most New policies . They will be going through the "warnings" period for an undetermined time ... Most cruisers who smoke will be finding out while on board.. Baby steps ;)

I too think the new smoking spots will be the old smoking spots slightly enhanced..

Sorry to disappoint you, but you will NOT know if someone is using an E-cig because there is NO smell or odor. It is purely water vapor which disappears in two or 3 seconds.

So, no need to worry yourself in advance. Best way to ease your concerns is take an oceanview or inside cabin. No worries about anything.

Have a nice cruise.

I have been a e-cig/pen user for over 2 years. I agree.....no one will know if a person is vaping in the cabin or on the balcony.

E-cigarette user here. I have seen that for security reasons the ships have cameras that catch the better parts of most if not all balconies and I would fear being seen by one of them. I wonder if they would act on that

Sorry, I know this is a little off course from the OP'S original question.

Hopefully this thread stays active so updates can be posted as cruisers return.

I just got back from Getaway. not on outdoor decks supposedly at all, but I saw people puffing away on boardwalk of Sunset bar (on 8), which is right outside the cigar room. One note, the cigar room was not ventilated well or had a filtration system. The attendants were complaining about moving furniture in there too. My boyfriend enjoyed a few cigars there and just standing in there for a couple minutes it seemed hard to breathe. he even was complaining about it. I did see a nice place up near the vibe beach club on 17 I think. right outside the main pool area. It has the glass dividers there to restrict wind, and places to sit, a small bar. It's called the Sun Deck, and above that is area for Haven people. For a quiet place it'd be nice, there's permanent ashtrays built into the wall. At waves bar near 15, starboard side

I just got back from Getaway. not on outdoor decks supposedly at all, but I saw people puffing away on boardwalk of Sunset bar (on 8), which is right outside the cigar room. One note, the cigar room was not ventilated well or had a filtration system. The attendants were complaining about moving furniture in there too. My boyfriend enjoyed a few cigars there and just standing in there for a couple minutes it seemed hard to breathe. he even was complaining about it. I did see a nice place up near the vibe beach club on 17 I think. right outside the main pool area. It has the glass dividers there to restrict wind, and places to sit, a small bar. It's called the Sun Deck, and above that is area for Haven people. For a quiet place it'd be nice, there's permanent ashtrays built into the wall. At waves bar near 15, starboard side

You say no permitted smoking on deck 8? It specifically says on ncl website smoking is allowed on starboard side on deck 8 by waterfront (excluding food area) so that's not true???? This is for breakway and getaway.

You say no permitted smoking on deck 8? It specifically says on ncl website smoking is allowed on starboard side on deck 8 by waterfront (excluding food area) so that's not true???? This is for breakway and getaway.[/quote

well it was indicated no smoking outside Sunset Bar, perhaps that was port side. I traveled on Getaway, first timer on NCL

You say no permitted smoking on deck 8? It specifically says on ncl website smoking is allowed on starboard side on deck 8 by waterfront (excluding food area) so that's not true???? This is for breakway and getaway.

well it was indicated no smoking outside Sunset Bar, perhaps that was port side. I traveled on Getaway, first timer on NCL

Sunset bar is starboard.

I want to also note, if you happen to be going to St. Thomas. they were letting you get 5 cartons home if you got 4 of them from St. Thomas. Why them I don't know but didn't find out till end of cruise. only St. Thomas.

Catherine - it's been like that forever....5 cartons if the ship docks anywhere in the USVI ;) **Also liquor!

Edited by cv322

I'm a cigar smoker (enjoy them mostly on cruises) and I am on the STAR in January.

For me I believe the only place is the Bier Garten, since this ship does not have a cigar lounge.

That's fine with me as long as I can get a nice Bourbon or Cognac nearby! :D

Should be nice weather up there most of the time.

I can see why NCL states that it depends on the ship.

Don

Edited by dongordon