2016 - 17 dates still not showing

SissasMomE

I called our PCC Tues and was able to book Dec 2016 Gem out of San Juan (it doesn't show on NCL.com yet). We booked an SF and after the $300 OBC, UDP and UBP it worked out almost exactly to what we have paid for the SF out of NY in the past. Prices are up but if you add the value of the promo I think they are pretty much inline.

If you are really interested in a sailing not showing online definitely call NCL.

Edited by P&Lcruising

I called our PCC Tues and was able to book Dec 2016 Gem out of San Juan (it doesn't show on NCL.com yet). We booked an SF and after the $300 OBC, UDP and UBP it worked out almost exactly to what we have paid for the SF out of NY in the past. Prices are up but if you add the value of the promo I think they are pretty much inline.

If you are really interested in a sailing not showing online definitely call NCL.

That's how I did it too. I guess if we weren't getting the UDP, UBP, and the OBC, then yeah - prices would be up. I deducted that from the total, and I think we came out ahead. I had a haven cabin booked for the beginning of December 2015 ... and while the May cabin is priced higher, it is also a more expensive time of the year to sail.

It is not only NCL, they're complaining about pricing at celebrity too. All the cruise lines have increased their fares . I did not notice anything dramatic on our fares for 2017. However our September UK cruise is now several hundred dollars above what we paid when we booked last year . They seem to be rewarding early bookings . Procrastinating won't help .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

Got this on Twitter

@CruiseNorwegian: @hunterjackson We apologize for the delay. Due to technical difficulties, they will be avail. tomorrow. Thank you.

Maybe you should have asked them what time tomorrow because it is now tomorrow and they still aren't there.

They seem to be rewarding early bookings . Procrastinating won't help .

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Forums mobile app

Only if you have to have a certain cabin on a certain sailing.

Staying flexible and waiting for the prices to drop has been working for me ;)

I'm in my post-cruise week, so I am particularly anxious to book more cruises. I have two (!!) CRCs that need to be used. Well, one really.

My PCC booked me on the 14-night combined Eastern/Western Caribbean on Escape in August 2016. I'm not sure how I feel about sailing on a family-oriented ship in August, and the price is sky high, but I like the itinerary and the length. (I survived Epic quite nicely last week because there were only 4,000 passengers aboard and virtually no children. And of course the price was a steal!)

I am desperate to comparison shop, however. Gem from San Juan; 11-night Mexican Riviera; 12-night Southern Caribbean on Breakaway. All are appealing, but since I'm solo there are lots of price considerations based on ship. And, it sounds like Breakaway itineraries are only going to be released through October 2016? :eek:

Come on, Norwegian, help me to help you! :p

Only if you have to have a certain cabin on a certain sailing.

Staying flexible and waiting for the prices to drop has been working for me ;)

Just ask DH - I like a bargain, but I also like my comfort - so cabin does matter to me. If you can wait for a last minute, close-out to get you on the ship, and can sleep under any conditions, and not get hit by the airfare, that is wonderful. But for us over planning, bargain hunting, OBC loving, cabin crazy, AAA personality cruises, sooner is better than later:p

And if the fare goes down, I can always re-book -but that hasn't happened in a long time:D

Just ask DH - I like a bargain, but I also like my comfort - so cabin does matter to me. If you can wait for a last minute, close-out to get you on the ship, and can sleep under any conditions, and not get hit by the airfare, that is wonderful. But for us over planning, bargain hunting, OBC loving, cabin crazy, AAA personality cruises, sooner is better than later:p

And if the fare goes down, I can always re-book -but that hasn't happened in a long time:D

Oh, I'm not saying I don't like my comfort or cabin location but....I always find what I like about 6 - 8 months out. Airfare isn't an issue at that point and OBC comes with the deals.

I just don't like to give the cruise lines money 2 years before I cruise since I always find better deals, involving changing cruiseline, ship or sailing week. So, no reason to really hold a cabin.

I have to admit though that the Caribbean doesn't appeal to me anymore and I spend my money on cruises to Europe. So, it all works out for all of us :)

Oh, I'm not saying I don't like my comfort or cabin location but....I always find what I like about 6 - 8 months out. Airfare isn't an issue at that point and OBC comes with the deals.

I just don't like to give the cruise lines money 2 years before I cruise since I always find better deals, involving changing cruiseline, ship or sailing week. So, no reason to really hold a cabin.

I have to admit though that the Caribbean doesn't appeal to me anymore and I spend my money on cruises to Europe. So, it all works out for all of us :)

I agree with you on the Caribbean - our next cruise is Asia, and South America and two booked in Europe. I am presently monitoring airfares to London:) I do have one Caribbean booked on RCI, but that is mostly for the ship and just to tick 2 islands off my list that we haven't visited.

Decisions, Decisions.... But everyone should have our problems right;)

Did you pick one?

Prices are too high for me :(

Of course we are still waiting for Vista information in January. We have really been anticipating sailing a brand new ship and we know that it will have more bell's and whistle's for the kids than Spirit (which doesn't have any).

If it does not work out price and itinerary-wise then we will most likely go with the June 12 Venice to Barcelona 12 day Grand Mediterranean.

We booked a Dec 8, 2016 cruise with our PCC and it still isn't showing up on the web site. (11 Day Panama Canal.) :confused: It still shows up on "MyNCL" so I'm not too concerned. Just wanted to see the prices and compare to what I paid.

Was hoping that NCL's IT folks were better than RCI's. They are really bad sometimes.

Of course we are still waiting for Vista information in January. We have really been anticipating sailing a brand new ship and we know that it will have more bell's and whistle's for the kids than Spirit (which doesn't have any).

If it does not work out price and itinerary-wise then we will most likely go with the June 12 Venice to Barcelona 12 day Grand Mediterranean.

I think I have eliminated the Vista because sailing on a mega ship - especially in Europe doesn't appeal to me at all.

I really enjoyed the Serenade - a lot! So, I hope the Brilliance will be doing a similar itinerary in early 2016. :D