2016 - 17 dates still not showing

SissasMomE

:eek: Just be prepared for sticker shock..2016 Prices have skyrocketed...

I didn't experience that when I booked yesterday. Booked a B1 Aft Balcony on the Pearl for a Dec 8, 2016 Panama Canal cruise. Price was exactly $1000 per person cheaper than the same cruise (same cabin category) in Dec 2015. Got a free UDP package too.

BTW ... those cruises might not be on the website but they are obviously open for booking. Call your PCC. :D

I found the pricing on a travel website for a store I need a membership for --- NCL prices are high --- will be crossing them off my consideration list.

It is totally unacceptable that NCL is selling a product and their website is not updated when other travel website have updated their website. How do they expect people to buy their product.

Funny, they are list on another website as well. Don't think we can name them but at least I was able to confirm the itineraries we are considering. Will wait to check pricing when NCL gets it's act together.

Website hint? Trying to make a decision about 2015 or wait to 2016. My husband has the "store card" for the other site.

I didn't experience that when I booked yesterday. Booked a B1 Aft Balcony on the Pearl for a Dec 8, 2016 Panama Canal cruise. Price was exactly $1000 per person cheaper than the same cruise (same cabin category) in Dec 2015. Got a free UDP package too.

BTW ... those cruises might not be on the website but they are obviously open for booking. Call your PCC. :D

Your Lucky..

The Alaska cruise in May of 2016 on the Pearl jumped nearly $1200 PP for a Aft Balcony when I booked Tuesday...

Of course I think the price will fall quickly once the other lines begin releasing their 2016 rates..

A few that I have seen are considerably cheaper for basically the same cruise..NCL will drop their price...

Edited by warriorking

Just booked 10 days on the Epic for the Morocco and Canary Island cruise for March 2017 - the price is the same as March 2016 and we got the NCL OBC along with a large OBC from my TA. Also got choice of UBP or UDP (chose UBP) for "free". All the cruiselines are going to experience higher fares - more people have started to cruise. But I will be watching the prices before we cruise and if the price goes down AND we get the same incentives, I will re-book. But my experience is booking out in advance will get you the best rate (along with booking at the last minute, which we can't do as yet).

Still nothing on the website. I really don't want to have to call because we are just researching prices for different dates/cabin categories and I can do it so much faster on a computer myself. Also can't call from work during the day.

If you are going to put a date out there then either be ready or make it clear that you can only call and that online reservations will be open on a different date. Geez!

:mad: Trust me, its not worth calling at the moment...

All I can say is certain cruises have gone up tremendously..

:eek: My travel agent and I were shocked!!!!

I still booked a balcony simply because it was the last available for the location I wanted..

But I will definitely cancel and look elsewhere if the price does not come down to a reasonable level.

Edited by warriorking

Still nothing on the website. I really don't want to have to call because we are just researching prices for different dates/cabin categories and I can do it so much faster on a computer myself. Also can't call from work during the day.

If you are going to put a date out there then either be ready or make it clear that you can only call and that online reservations will be open on a different date. Geez!

I agree. The last thing I want to do is sit on a phone ... and I won't. I sent an email to public relations. You don't announce a date to do something, and then don't do it.

:eek: Just be prepared for sticker shock..2016 Prices have skyrocketed...

I am definitely shocked. It seems NCL is trying to pay for all the new builds and their recent acquisition with these new prices. I'm booked in a DOS on the Epic for the 10 night Canary Island for Feb 2016 and the price went up close to 4K within a few weeks of purchasing and has not dropped down at all. I've been waiting for the April 2016 Mediterranean schedule for the Epic and the 7 nights are still more than I luckily booked for the 10 nights.

I am beginning to wonder if they are delaying the release of the new prices on the website on purpose due to the huge increase over the following year..

Makes It a bit awkward for the agents to book when they have to explain the price increase when its there in black and white for the customer to see and compare ....

I understand prices will go up from year to year but even my TA was surprised with the increase this go round...

Of course my TA asked the NCL manager why the huge increase and NCL could not explain it either...

Edited by warriorking