Can anyone confirm if Dollar/Thrifty offer a shuttle to Port Everglades?

Wyotraveler

Hi all

Was hoping someone could confirm that Dollar/Thrifty offers a shuttle to and from Port Everglades.

The combined Dollar/Thrifty office on Miami Road (right at the entrance to Port Everglades) did have a shuttle when we were there in 2009. You could call and confirm, but I would be surprised if they had dropped the shuttle.

The combined Dollar/Thrifty office on Miami Road (right at the entrance to Port Everglades) did have a shuttle when we were there in 2009. You could call and confirm, but I would be surprised if they had dropped the shuttle.

Thanks for the reply

I tried calling that location and got a busy signal, so I e-mailed customer support and got the following reply.

"For our Port Everglades location:

PICK UP INSTRUCTIONS:

Customer will be shuttled to and from the rental location to the Port of Everglades. The shuttle bus runs when the ships dock. The rental location is less than a mile from Port Everglades. Customers arriving into the port and taking a Dollar shuttle to the rental location will be charged a Port Recovery Fee of $3.95 per rental. Shuttle service is not provided to or from the airport."

This is great to hear, so I can rent a car at the airport and then return to the location near the cruise port. Also can do the reverse after the trip. Also they seem to have better rates then many of the other companies. In addition I see tons of coupons for these companies on the web, so I may be able to get an even better rate.

I just returned from Oasis and used Thrifty at the Port Everglades location (Miami Road just out side the terminal gate) for a car pick up and return and avoided the extra airport fees..they then shuttled us to the ship..qucik and easy and no fees involved. When we arrived at FLL we took a taxi ($12.00) to pick the car up...this was the most economical way to do it.

• 3 months later...

Hey all

I just thought I would post a reply about renting from Thrifty in Fort Lauderdale. I was able to make a reservation for a midsize car for the Friday May 2 - Saturday May 3, 2014 for just $24. I am picking up the car at their FLL - airport location and returning to FL9- Port Everglades location. Their airport location offers Blue Chip Express service which is supposed let you to bypass the counter and just head out to the location listed next to your name on the monitors (much Hertz Gold, but for much less dough) to get your car. I have however been told to be careful, as they will charge you for a full funk of gas unless you have receipt for fuel, even when the gauge says full. At their Port Everglades location they will then shuttle us to the cruise ship. Still looking for a rental for my return, as their quite, as inexpensive.

Hey all

I just thought I would post a reply about renting from Thrifty in Fort Lauderdale. I was able to make a reservation for a midsize car for the Friday May 2 - Saturday May 3, 2014 for just $24. I am picking up the car at their FLL - airport location and returning to FL9- Port Everglades location. Their airport location offers Blue Chip Express service which is supposed let you to bypass the counter and just head out to the location listed next to your name on the monitors (much Hertz Gold, but for much less dough) to get your car. I have however been told to be careful, as they will charge you for a full funk of gas unless you have receipt for fuel, even when the gauge says full. At their Port Everglades location they will then shuttle us to the cruise ship. Still looking for a rental for my return, as their quite, as inexpensive.

Wanna save about 10 bucks on that rental? Budget has an intermediate car for 14.80, a standard for 15.70 and a full size for 16.60, all plus taxes around 10.00 on your May 2-3 window. Use Promo code Y937800 and Offer code MUWZ163. You can pick up the car at FLL and drop it off at their EV3 location on 17th st near Port Everglades and then take their free shuttle to the port.