Cruising tommorrow

I just got an interesting emergency notification from Princess. I board the Dawn Princess tommorrow out of Melbourne.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

PRINCESS CRUISES HEALTH ADVISORY

In light of recent national news regarding the Ebola virus, we wish to advise you that we have adopted new boarding procedures and screenings following collaboration with the international health authorities. We are screening for any guests or crew who have visited or traveled through countries with a US CDC Level 3 Travel Warning (Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea) or had physical contact with or helped care for a person suspected of having Ebola within 21 days of a cruise departure date. These individuals will be denied boarding. We are also monitoring bookings for any guests coming from these countries. Princess Cruises has in place robust medical protocols that are consistent with public health guidance. We are monitoring the situation closely, along with our colleagues in the rest of the travel industry. Guests seeking more information on Ebola can visit the World Health Organization's website at www.who.int or the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/. Should you have any questions about these travel requirements, please call 13 24 88 (Australia), or 0800 780717 (New Zealand) to speak with a Princess Guest Relations agent.

[/left]

Edited by icat2000

I just got an interesting emergency notification from Princess. I board the Dawn Princess tommorrow out of Melbourne.

IMPORTANT NOTICES

In light of recent national news regarding the Ebola virus, we wish to advise you that we have adopted new boarding procedures and screenings following collaboration with the international health authorities. We are screening for any guests or crew who have visited or traveled through countries with a US CDC Level 3 Travel Warning (Liberia, Sierra Leone and Guinea) or had physical contact with or helped care for a person suspected of having Ebola within 21 days of a cruise departure date. These individuals will be denied boarding. We are also monitoring bookings for any guests coming from these countries. Princess Cruises has in place robust medical protocols that are consistent with public health guidance. We are monitoring the situation closely, along with our colleagues in the rest of the travel industry. Guests seeking more information on Ebola can visit the World Health Organization's website at www.who.int or the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/. Should you have any questions about these travel requirements, please call 13 24 88 (Australia), or 0800 780717 (New Zealand) to speak with a Princess Guest Relations agent.

[/left]

Sounds like a pretty good idea to me.

Maybe a little over the top, and I suspect a little to put people's minds at rest that there will be no danger.

Yeah. Probably more so for the american market. Doesn't hurt to be cautious.

And here was I thinking wow email from Princess late in the day. Might mean upgrade. Wrong.

Edited by icat2000

IMPORTANT NOTICES

[/left]

Read the attached link about the Carnival Magic a couple of days ago - much better to be safe than sorry. I reckon all cruise lines will be doing this now. Perhaps this is why the notice has been issued - and quite rightly so. IMHO

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/ebola/11171669/Were-a-floating-petri-dish-Panic-onboard-the-Ebola-cruise.html

It is interesting to note - that the passenger volunteered herself to the Captain - she needn't have done that - so that could have been scary in itself if she had unknowingly contacted the disease and not said anything. No point in speculating really - it just goes to show - you never know.

Edited by dizzy1948

Wow.

I daresay they'd better pay full refunds to anyone they deny boarding at this ridiculously late stage.

I reckon there would be something in the small print an "ambiguous get out clause" to cover such things. Remember: "The Big Print Giveth - the Small Print Taketh Away" ;) I just soooooooooo love that saying :D

Edited by dizzy1948

Holland America has almost the same notification on their web page as well.

There's been a general 'cruise industry' agreement just reached so it's probably from that.

There's a fair bit of panic hysteria in the US at the moment.

Regardless, people unfairly penalised should have recourse.

Read the attached link about the Carnival Magic a couple of days ago - much better to be safe than sorry. I reckon all cruise lines will be doing this now. Perhaps this is why the notice has been issued - and quite rightly so. IMHO

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/ebola/11171669/Were-a-floating-petri-dish-Panic-onboard-the-Ebola-cruise.html

It is interesting to note - that the passenger volunteered herself to the Captain - she needn't have done that - so that could have been scary in itself if she had unknowingly contacted the disease and not said anything. No point in speculating really - it just goes to show - you never know.

Safety first is a good way to go. :D

Just on the way home now... Noticed our health forms have 3 questions now.... Vomiting , running nose and have been to affected parts of Africa!!!

Sorry for any Grammar or spelling error this is Sent from my iPad

Wow.

I daresay they'd better pay full refunds to anyone they deny boarding at this ridiculously late stage.

Please don't tell me you'd have a problem with denying boarding to someone who may be carrying Ebola.

Just on the way home now... Noticed our health forms have 3 questions now.... Vomiting , running nose and have been to affected parts of Africa!!!

Sorry for any Grammar or spelling error this is Sent from my iPad

Interesting, I thought they might be using the heat scanners as well (to detect fevers).

Interesting, I thought they might be using the heat scanners as well (to detect fevers).

Yes Royals, and I would say Celebrity's, health form has the Ebola related question now.

Strange I asked an Italian passenger today about Ebola and he said no ...but I have a couple of dishes and a plate:D:D

Sorry I know it is not a joking matter ..just my twisted mind.

Yes Royals, and I would say Celebrity's, health form has the Ebola related question now.

Strange I asked an Italian passenger today about Ebola and he said no ...but I have a couple of dishes and a plate:D:D

Thanks now I've spat all over the computer again.

Wouldn't work Mic, I always get feverish as I'm boarding.

A bit like taking my pulse when it's pounding with excitement.

Please don't tell me you'd have a problem with denying boarding to someone who may be carrying Ebola.

How does paying a refund relate to your question?

Please don't tell me you'd be happy to lose $10,000, at the last minute, just because you had to do some work in another country a few weeks ago. Or maybe were even doing humanitarian or health work?

Talk about treating people unfairly, who are doing something for others.

How does paying a refund relate to your question?

Please don't tell me you'd be happy to lose $10,000, at the last minute, just because you had to do some work in another country a few weeks ago. Or maybe were even doing humanitarian or health work?

Talk about treating people unfairly, who are doing something for others.

$10,000 :eek:

And if you can't cruise because of illness do you normally get a refund. That's what insurance is for.

As for your comment about ridiculously late when else can they make the call, than at the time of boarding.

Yes hope they have some arrangement in place re refunds, but I for one am glad that they are taking precautions.

Edited by GUT2407

$10,000 :eek:

And if you can't cruise because of illness do you normally get a refund. That's what insurance is for.

As for your comment about ridiculously late when else can they make the call, than at the time of boarding.

Yes hope they have some arrangement in place re refunds, but I for one am glad that they are taking precautions.

Not uncommon to spend that much. Whether $2000, $10000 or $20000 it's not their fault if the line suddenly cancels them.

It's bad enough anyone not getting to board, let alone when it's due to the line changing the rules. No reason they should not get a refund.

The lateness refers to this being a new condition which was only introduced today. People working three weeks ago had no inling of this rule. And nobody likes the rules being changed after you book.

Try putting yourself in someone else's shoes, which is what these people helping others are doing, instead of just getting done over by fear.

LOL, I love it.:D