Platinum Dinner Question

fiftyguy

From what I have been told...you will have to wait till onboard...unless you want to pre book.AND .pay...and then ask for a refund. I am sure someone else can give you more info....this is just what I was told..

Yes, wait until you get onboard. Otherwise as jaja said, you will have to pre-pay then get it taken off your account once you board. We didn't want to deal with that hassle, so we booked both of our Le Bistro dinners as soon as we boarded using the iConcierge app and had no problem at all getting the times we wanted. There is also a dining reservation desk on Deck 6 as well as interactive touch screens all around the ship where you could also make the reservations.

Your coupons will be waiting for you in your cabin on Day 1.

Hope this helps.

Yes, wait until you get onboard. Otherwise as jaja said, you will have to pre-pay then get it taken off your account once you board. We didn't want to deal with that hassle, so we booked both of our Le Bistro dinners as soon as we boarded using the iConcierge app and had no problem at all getting the times we wanted. There is also a dining reservation desk on Deck 6 as well as interactive touch screens all around the ship where you could also make the reservations.

Your coupons will be waiting for you in your cabin on Day 1.

Hope this helps.

Yes, very helpful. We'll be in a suite for our next cruise so I'm sure the concierge will take care of our request.

What do you get if you are Platinum and got the UDP as part of a promotion??

What do you mean? You will get UDP and Platinum vouchers for the complimentary dinner just as you would when you purchase UDP. Since your UDP is a promo perk, there will of course be no discount since you do not pay anything.

You should be able to take 1 guest per coupon and you should still get the included bottle of wine for each coupon.

Edited by P&Lcruising

Yes, very helpful. We'll be in a suite for our next cruise so I'm sure the concierge will take care of our request.

Since you are in a suite, you will have access to the pre-concierge desk, and can ask them to pre-book your Platinum dinner at Le Bistro for you, if you would like a particular date/time. I have done that myself in the past.

I have heard rumors lately that a couple of days in to the cruises, because of so many people having the promotional UDP, that if you are not quick to do reservations on board on the first day of your cruise, there are not many seats in specialty restaurants available for most of the cruise - except very early or very late in the evening.

Now that I've reached platinum how do I arrange the free dinner in LeBistro? Do I have to make arrangements in advance of my trip or when I make a reservation on board?

Thank you

A letter or letters,if there are 2 of you will be in your cabin when you board. We usually just go to the reservations desk and make the reservation that day or the first morning.You don't even have to tell them at the desk, just take the letter with you to Le Bistro or whatever restaurant you decide. We usually use one for Le Bistro and the other for Modernos. The reason we choose the UBP over the UDP was because we get two free dinners anyway for being Platinum. Oh and for really being busy, on our last cruise, we ate about 6:30 and none of the restaurants were overaly crowded.They were busier than in the days prior to UDP, but not bad.

Edited by newmexicoNita

A letter or letters,if there are 2 of you will be in your cabin when you board. We usually just go to the reservations desk and make the reservation that day or the first morning.You don't even have to tell them at the desk, just take the letter with you to Le Bistro or whatever restaurant you decide. We usually use one for Le Bistro and the other for Modernos.

NCL have updated their Latitude page, and you can now only use the Platinum Dinner voucher in Le Bistro or the Italian restaurant (see the bottom of the page)....

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-details

As Demonyte have stated, you will still get the dinner voucher for your Platinum dinner delivered to your stateroom - and since the voucher includes a bottle of wine, you will get the wine when you present the voucher, even though you have the UDP.

Edited by TrumpyNor

You should be able to take 1 guest per coupon and you should still get the included bottle of wine for each coupon.

your UDP is good for your meal and the coupon is good for 2 meals so take 2 people.

If you pay for the UDP and get the $20off then the coupon is good for 1.

We gave ours away on the last trip, had UBP as well so no need for the wine.

Now that I've reached platinum how do I arrange the free dinner in LeBistro? Do I have to make arrangements in advance of my trip or when I make a reservation on board?

Thank you

Also keep in mind, if you and your traveling companion are both Platinum, you will each get the dining certificate. They are generally good at several restaurants. We like LeBistro and Moderno. There are a couple more restaurants that they are good at too. Enjoy.

NCL have updated their Latitude page, and you can now only use the Platinum Dinner voucher in Le Bistro or the Italian restaurant (see the bottom of the page)....

http://www.ncl.com/latitudes-rewards-program/benefits-details

sorry, we just got off the Pearl; we had no trouble using one for Modernos and our daugher did the same a few weeks before. They only list Le Bistro.

Edited by newmexicoNita

DH and I just reached platinum. On our last cruise we had 4 vouchers as we had 2 adjoining cabins traveling with our children. We used our vouchers at Moderno, LaCucina, and LeBistro. The kids wanted to eat in the MDR on the last evening and they were kind enough to give us our free bottle of wine there. We sailed on the Jewel over Spring Break.

sorry, we just got off the Pearl; we had no trouble using one for Modernos and our daugher did the same a few weeks before. They only list Le Bistro.

DH and I just reached platinum. On our last cruise we had 4 vouchers as we had 2 adjoining cabins traveling with our children. We used our vouchers at Moderno, LaCucina, and LeBistro. The kids wanted to eat in the MDR on the last evening and they were kind enough to give us our free bottle of wine there. We sailed on the Jewel over Spring Break.

That is actually great news, since we will be cruising next month and will receive one voucher each. :) Maybe they have added Moderno now, to "compensate" for the Asian restaurant now being complimentary (it was one of the "platinum restaurants" earlier) - and just haven't updated their website?

Thank you to everyone who offered tips and info about the voucher. We're sailing to Bermuda in September and will use the vouchers then. My wife is platinum too so we'll have two to go along with the dining credit offer NCL is offering. I guess we'll eat well that week!