1h10min transit

ERLEC

Hello, I'm going on a cruise and will be leaving Montreal to Miami and then Miami to San Juan.

I have 1h10 minutes between the arrival in Miami and the depature for San Juan. Is that enough? We think it might be a little short since we probably have to take our checked luggage and pass the custom in Miami. What do you think? Should I consider changing this and take a plane for San Juan much later?

Hello, I'm going on a cruise and will be leaving Montreal to Miami and then Miami to San Juan.

I have 1h10 minutes between the arrival in Miami and the depature for San Juan. Is that enough? We think it might be a little short since we probably have to take our checked luggage and pass the custom in Miami. What do you think? Should I consider changing this and take a plane for San Juan much later?

If you're flying out of YUL, you'll pre-clear US border controls (immigration, customs) in Montreal, not Miami, so your connection will be the same as any other domestic connection, for which 1h 10m will be fine.

If you're flying out of YUL, you'll pre-clear US border controls (immigration, customs) in Montreal, not Miami, so your connection will be the same as any other domestic connection, for which 1h 10m will be fine.

Of course, this means that the immigration and customs procedures will add on time at the start of your trip. So give yourself enough at YUL.

I forgot to say: I'm a Canadian, living in Montreal. YUL is my departure airport...

I'm leaving the day prior to the cruise, on the Friday around noon. Arriving in Miami at 3:39pm and then leaving Miami for San Juan at 4:49pm.

I'm not sure if I can to pass customs at Miami or at San Juan for the luggage. That's the question.... 1h10 min is fine for transit if there's no customs involved. Since San Juan is like a US states will I do customs only there or will I do them in Miami???

I forgot to say: I'm a Canadian, living in Montreal. YUL is my departure airport...

I'm leaving the day prior to the cruise, on the Friday around noon. Arriving in Miami at 3:39pm and then leaving Miami for San Juan at 4:49pm.

I'm not sure if I can to pass customs at Miami or at San Juan for the luggage. That's the question.... 1h10 min is fine for transit if there's no customs involved. Since San Juan is like a US states will I do customs only there or will I do them in Miami???

Refer to the previous answer - you will pre-clear US immigration and customs in Montreal. Arriving in Miami will be like arriving from any city in the US - no immigration, no customs, just a change of plane.

Am I presuming correctly that you are on the same airline? If so you shouldn't have a problem. Some airlines have multiple concourses so do head to your next gate as quickly as possible.

If you have not made your return reservations yet be aware that SJU is a congested airport and TSA is slow. Recommendations for a flight after 11:30 are highly advised.

My return leaving from SJU is at 5PM. We voluntarily selected a late flight to take the opportunity after debarkation to visit San Juan. Most likely an excursion that combine airport drop-off.

My concern was really the 1h10min between my American Airline flights in Miami.

My concern was really the 1h10min between my American Airline flights in Miami.

More than adequate. Your bags will be checked through from Montreal to San Juan, so you just have to go from the arrival gate to the departure gate.

When is your cruise? I've been going through the AA timetable and can't see any dates where YUL-xMIA-SJU has a 1h 10m connection time. Plenty of similar times via JFK, but not MIA. But maybe I'm not looking at the right dates.

Edited by Gardyloo