Bananarama Cruise Ship Beach Package

cricketts

Has anyone done the Bananarama day package recently? We were there in March 2012 and I'm wondering if this pay in full up front policy is new. Is there a new owner? What is the condition of the facilities? Would you recommend this for a beach day? We want to do off shore snorkeling and they won't schedule it ahead the way they did in 2012.

Would like to hear some recent reviews! Thanks :)

Not recent, but when we used Bananarama back in 2011, I think we paid up front. You pay via a US location. The driver picked us up at Mahogany Bay and brought us back when we wanted to come back. We paid $25 for a private small boat to take us out snorkeling along the reef up by West End. The traffic in the water along the West Bay beaches wasn't conducive to shore snorkeling. They have showers and lockers. And while their food is okay, we walked down the main drive to Celeste's for some wonderful beleadas, Honduran empanadas. The price was a good deal for us as we didn't want a tour and didn't want to pay the exhorbidant taxi prices or the cruise ship zoo bus to Tabayana (just down from Bananarama.

The facilities were normal beach facilities. We enjoyed ourselves. We swam and had lunch.

Unfortunately it poured down rain and we didn't get to snorkel we have little kids and they were upset by the rain. It was really raining hard. Some people on our cruise did snorkel. It was a short walk down the beach and they said it was very colorful coral. Better than the snorkeling at goffs caye in Belize.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I am aso interested in knowing whether to book through island marketing for this. and accommodations for the resort as the beach and water clarity for snorkeling and the travel to and from the cruise terminal to the resort. please share…...

I am aso interested in knowing whether to book through island marketing for this. and accommodations for the resort as the beach and water clarity for snorkeling and the travel to and from the cruise terminal to the resort. please share…...

I looked on the Island Marketing website, and their beach day does not specify Bananarama. Consequently, I think that gives them the flexibility to go whereever works on any given day. We were at Bananarama in 2012 and had a great time, but it appears they've changed their off shore booking for snorkeling procedures. Snorkeling is supposed to be good off the beach, but I'm a fan of going out to the edges of the reef.

Edited by cricketts

We were at Bananarama on Dec 31st this past year. Booked it directly with them and paid upfront. This was our fourth stop here and each time we have had to pay. Just a warning that if you decide to accept a massage from one of the beach vendors the security will come after you have paid and shoo them off!! Happened to our cruising friends and as I said they seem to wait until you have paid and the massage has started before they come and move them on!

snow bunny

We were at Bananarama on Dec 31st this past year. Booked it directly with them and paid upfront. This was our fourth stop here and each time we have had to pay. Just a warning that if you decide to accept a massage from one of the beach vendors the security will come after you have paid and shoo them off!! Happened to our cruising friends and as I said they seem to wait until you have paid and the massage has started before they come and move them on!

snow bunny

Thanks for the warning! Did anyone in your group go off-shore to snorkel? It seems they've changed how this is scheduled. When we were there in '12, we had an arranged time through the dive shop. This time I'm told the activity center will make arrangements after we get there - I'm concerned that we won't be able to go.

Thanks for the warning! Did anyone in your group go off-shore to snorkel? It seems they've changed how this is scheduled. When we were there in '12, we had an arranged time through the dive shop. This time I'm told the activity center will make arrangements after we get there - I'm concerned that we won't be able to go.

We did not have any snorkel excursion here so I cannot help. We do find that the snorkelling in front of Tabayana good enough so no need to go off shore.

snow bunny

There are locals with rowboats with motors who will take you from the beach for $20 . The reef looks very close to the beach, so afterward, I tried just swimming to it, but I caution you- it's farther than it looks and the current was very strong. I'd never do that again. I'd use a beach local. It's all West Bay Beach, so no need for a dive shop...

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

For walk in snorkeling, head to the Tabayana area. That's the AREA of West bay Beach that the cruise ships use for their beach break. It's a good place to start.

ANYONE can enter the water ANYWHERE. The snorkeling is perfect for any level of snorkeler. There are great walls of coral which you can easily swim to, as well as much shallower water closer with great coral and fish. You can see huge turtles, eels etc if you go out to the wall. You don't need a boat to get there. And if you go to the rental booth next to Infinity Bay they will show you which direction to head. Check out an overhead map view on google and you can see the formations along West Bay. If they aren't too busy you can buy some guide time with one of them to be a leader.

Best walk in snorkeling we have done in the Carib.

Edited by eandj

• 5 months later...
I looked on the Island Marketing website, and their beach day does not specify Bananarama. Consequently, I think that gives them the flexibility to go whereever works on any given day. We were at Bananarama in 2012 and had a great time, but it appears they've changed their off shore booking for snorkeling procedures. Snorkeling is supposed to be good off the beach, but I'm a fan of going out to the edges of the reef.

In case anyone reads this, I was just received an email with info from Roatan Cruise Excursions (Island Marketing)

West Bay Beach Break they drop you off at the Bananarama Resort

(aka beach club)

http://www.roatancruiseexcursions.com/RoatanWestBayBeachBreak.html

In case anyone reads this' date=' I was just received an email with info from Roatan Cruise Excursions (Island Marketing)

West Bay Beach Break they drop you off at the Bananarama Resort

(aka beach club)

http://www.roatancruiseexcursions.com/RoatanWestBayBeachBreak.html

[/color']

Interesting... Bananarama has become way to crowded and we won't be going back (we were there last in May 2014)

While we were snorkeling, another row of loungers was put in front of ours and we could barely get back in - it did not make for a good day :(

Interesting... Bananarama has become way to crowded and we won't be going back (we were there last in May 2014)

While we were snorkeling, another row of loungers was put in front of ours and we could barely get back in - it did not make for a good day :(

Sure enough the premiere beach on the island can resemble a circus.

Bananarama is on a curve in the shore with less sand to pay on.. I find often times the congestion of people, boats and loungers to be a turn off.

I truly believe if snorkeling is the goal Tabyana is the answer. There is plenty of sand down there to suit everyone.

Bananarama is on a curve in the shore with less sand to pay on.. I find often times the congestion of people, boats and loungers to be a turn off.

I truly believe if snorkeling is the goal Tabyana is the answer. There is plenty of sand down there to suit everyone.

is it possible to take a taxi to Tabyana?

Has anyone done this before?

is it possible to take a taxi to Tabyana?

Has anyone done this before?

The Tabyana web site says you can go independently and all the taxi know where the Tabyana gate is.

If you are not with a cruise ship but would still like to enjoy paradise and Tabyana's incredible amenities and activities, please contact us directly for rates. We are open whenever there's a ship in port and by request for events.

Actually, I think we've decided to just stay on the ship!

The Tabyana web site says you can go independently and all the taxi know where the Tabyana gate is.

If you are not with a cruise ship but would still like to enjoy paradise and Tabyana's incredible amenities and activities, please contact us directly for rates. We are open whenever there's a ship in port and by request for events.

I sent them an email requesting their recommendations on guide/tour to take and pick up from the ship...Waiting for a reply.

Didn't read about their own arrangements...thanks!

Actually, I think we've decided to just stay on the ship!

I can't see sitting on a ship unless it's a crummy port.