Incorrect Billing

Had a "surprise" a couple of days ago, a email arrived from RCI with "the documents you requested" (which we hadn't I may add) and an attached account showing we owe $2800!! We had already paid in full the account a few days earlier and the details page at that time showed that we had $0 owing. Compared our earlier booking document with this latest one and lo and behold, someone (computer or person) had removed the "early booking" bonus, plus the on-board account bonus and now showing that we owed another amount!!! I hope that it is a computer glitch, but if not, just can't fathom why this alteration would be made after the account had been paid in full earlier. On the bookings details page of RCI, it also shows that we owe this phantom $2800!

So far, have not received a reply to my emails on this, just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what was the fix. Unable to contact customer service as it is a weekend here in Australia, but annoyed that we haven't heard back from the company as we made contact via email 3 days ago. We are very concerned that if this glitch isn't fixed, come the final cut-off date in early September, the system will just remove us from our booking as it will show that final payment hasn't been made.

Had a "surprise" a couple of days ago, a email arrived from RCI with "the documents you requested" (which we hadn't I may add) and an attached account showing we owe $2800!! We had already paid in full the account a few days earlier and the details page at that time showed that we had $0 owing. Compared our earlier booking document with this latest one and lo and behold, someone (computer or person) had removed the "early booking" bonus, plus the on-board account bonus and now showing that we owed another amount!!! I hope that it is a computer glitch, but if not, just can't fathom why this alteration would be made after the account had been paid in full earlier. On the bookings details page of RCI, it also shows that we owe this phantom $2800!

So far, have not received a reply to my emails on this, just wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem and what was the fix. Unable to contact customer service as it is a weekend here in Australia, but annoyed that we haven't heard back from the company as we made contact via email 3 days ago. We are very concerned that if this glitch isn't fixed, come the final cut-off date in early September, the system will just remove us from our booking as it will show that final payment hasn't been made.

Many people have reported similar problems with their bookings being automatically re-priced when they use the website add or change something in their booking.

I have heard things about making any kind of change on-line "re-pricing" the cruise. You can be sure that if my cruise was paid in full and I received some notice of a balance due I would be on the phone ASAP. Email is great for many things and opening a chain of communication to keep as a record can be helpful, but going right to the source is also advisable.

I do agree that the IT department needs to improve. Why something as simple as adding a dining reservation or excursion should or would change the price of a cruise is unacceptable.

I have heard things about making any kind of change on-line "re-pricing" the cruise. You can be sure that if my cruise was paid in full and I received some notice of a balance due I would be on the phone ASAP. Email is great for many things and opening a chain of communication to keep as a record can be helpful, but going right to the source is also advisable.

I do agree that the IT department needs to improve. Why something as simple as adding a dining reservation or excursion should or would change the price of a cruise is unacceptable.

Yes, thought that a email chain would be a start to keep it all neat and tidy, but also thought that the customer relations people at least would have been all over it. Will be calling Monday morning when the office reopens.

Yes, thought that a email chain would be a start to keep it all neat and tidy, but also thought that the customer relations people at least would have been all over it. Will be calling Monday morning when the office reopens.

Still waiting for a reply to an email in May! Ended up calling resolutions for a sort of fix, but Still no reply from the department we emailed! I guess seeing as we have now sailed they don't see the point:rolleyes:

Email is unfortunately not the best way to go for a speedy resolution. Call on Monday (I am surprised reservations are closed on a weekend, they are 24/7 here). You should be fine to get resolved Monday. They can fix whilst you are on the phone for you.

Good luck. Let us know if it gets fixed.

The same thing happened to us. Booked with the 2nd guest half price promotion, booked over phone with FCC. Agreed on price as I was also online with RCI price and cabin availability. All was fine until those documents came and there was no 2nd guest half price discount and we certainly did not agree on the documented price, several thousand more. I found it is best to ring and ask for a supervisor as the base call centre staff don't have the authority to change bookings like this. Sorted out three times now as it reverted again when I tried to pay online and tried to print Setsail pass. Advised by Clarea on CC and then RCI staff after it was sorted on the last occasion to definitely do not go into my online account for any reason. We paid the correct amount over the phone, received our paperwork with nil balance but can't print Setsail etc. This happened two weeks before final payment was due. So far we haven't received any more balance due reminders. We will have to check in without the Setsail pass and do it manually at the desk, taking all our paperwork with us. Hopefully they haven't given our room away and we can embark, fingers crossed! I also never received any response from emails.

Just go to resolutions as it's really a simple it error it seems and can be fixed

Talking may be better then confirm conversation by email to hurry it along

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. Hopefully it will be resolved on Monday, but how do you get to the resolutions people to have it fixed?

Thanks everyone for the replies and suggestions. Hopefully it will be resolved on Monday, but how do you get to the resolutions people to have it fixed?

When you call RCI and are connected with an agent, request that you speak with the Resolutions Department.

Just go to resolutions as it's really a simple it error it seems and can be fixed

Talking may be better then confirm conversation by email to hurry it along

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you call RCI and are connected with an agent, request that you speak with the Resolutions Department.

When it happened to us, the first customer rep we spoke to was able to fix it. Just a guess but it could be happening so often that it would overwhelm resolutions so they trained their first line CS to handle it.

This happened to me just today! We made final payment a couple of weeks ago and I received an email on 8/15 that my Set Sail pass was completed and to bring a printed copy of it along to the port terminal. So I logged in today but I was unable to print my Set Sail pass and I noticed that it showed a balance due of $604, even though our final payment date was the 12th. I checked the emailed Guest Invoice that I had received showing $0 balance and saw that the $604 amount was a discount that was now showing as due. I had read the posts on CC about this type of thing happening so I called RCI, the agent wasn't sure what to make of it and he put me on hold. When he came back he said he had spoken with Resolutions and for some unknown reason the booking had been "repriced" by someone, they weren't sure who or how it happened. :confused: He emailed a copy of a new guest invoice, which does show a $0 balance due - but the cruise pricing and discounts are all different. We had a "senior discount" :rolleyes: before, now that's gone and it shows 2 BOGOHO discounts. I guess that doesn't make any difference, does it? As long as it shows $0 balance?

I'm on hold with RCI right now again though...because we originally had $200 onboard credit, and today's invoice only shows $50 onboard credit. :(

... We had a "senior discount" :rolleyes: before, now that's gone and it shows 2 BOGOHO discounts. I guess that doesn't make any difference, does it? As long as it shows $0 balance? ...

Sounds like they priced the cruise under BOGOHO rules, which does not combine with Senior rates. The zero balance is what is important. Good luck with your on board credit.

Edited by clarea

Ok, onboard credit and balance are both correct on the newly revised guest invoice. Now let's hope it stays that way!

Just don't do anything to the booking (excursions, dining, etc.) using the website. Call Royal if you need to add/modify anything.

Just don't do anything to the booking (excursions, dining, etc.) using the website. Call Royal if you need to add/modify anything.

Thanks Bob, I definitely will not! I did just very c-a-r-e-f-u-l-l-y print our SetSail passes a few minutes ago...it just seems so odd that the options are there to modify dining, excursions etc and yet if you use it - look out! :eek: I entered our MTD times several days ago, I guess that may have been what triggered it, although I have no clue what dining time has to do with it getting re-priced.

Been on hold for the last 30 minutes, not having a lot of luck!! Supervisor is going to "review" the account, but first claim was that it was a repricing of the cruise:mad: As we are calling from Australia, it seems the call centre is either in Singapore or North America, given the accents and lag on the line. I was hoping that this was going to be an easy fix.

The first time I rang, they said it would take 3 or so days for a supervisor to review. But I refused (nicely) to hang up until it was rectified or I would cancel as my quote was only given the afternoon before. That morning the RCI booking site was still showing the amount I had agreed on. Then same thing second time round, sorted again without any fuss but she did say I had made a booking change - I had not, same cabin, no changes. Third time after I tried to print correct Setsail when it again reverted, the male call centre worker told me I was wrong as I already had a discount and couldn't have two! This was my $300+ Diamond C&A balcony discount which was applicable to my booking and also in the terms and conditions. Also automatically added. My husbands discount was the half price 2nd guest promotion of almost $3000. Did he think I was stupid that if I was only entitled to one discount that I would take $300+ instead of almost $3000! Anyhow we were entitled to the two as per terms and conditions and on RCI booking website.

Has not been so easy but keep all your paperwork and ipad photo snaps copies

and don't be hoodwinked by them. Insist on the supervisor sorting it then, even if you hang on a while longer. I intend to ring just before our cruise to make sure everything is still ok.

I'm past final payment, and over the weekend I changed cabins, same category. No problem there, but when she was all finished I asked about my OBC. She said it had fallen off. She couldn't put it back on, and we ended up in the Resolutions dept. to get it fixed.

Had I not asked, I would have been without it in November. She didn't notice it was gone.

Thanks to Cruise Critic for all the valuable info, or I would not have even thought to ask!!!

I wonder how many people find their OBC is mysteriously gone when they board??

Bob, those of us who booked through a travel agent won't have a problem if we go in to our reservations on RCI website? I thought that I saw you mention that previously. Obviously, if we booked through a TA we can't make any reservations by calling RCI.

Thanks.

I'm past final payment, and over the weekend I changed cabins, same category. No problem there, but when she was all finished I asked about my OBC. She said it had fallen off. She couldn't put it back on, and we ended up in the Resolutions dept. to get it fixed.

Had I not asked, I would have been without it in November. She didn't notice it was gone.

Thanks to Cruise Critic for all the valuable info, or I would not have even thought to ask!!!

I wonder how many people find their OBC is mysteriously gone when they board??

The on line account now has been fixed, after some time, but now discovered the the OBC has been removed. Have to go through the same process again by the looks of things!

Is this problem still occurring using online cruise planner?

Sent from my SM-T700 using Forums mobile app

Not sure, though reading other posts, seems to have been a problem for some time, so I would think it may still be. I do know that our account is correct, will wait and see what happens when we purchase a drinks package!

I went in today to make a payment and found an extra $1000 added to my balance. I only owed 637. I called and she stated it was due to how I logged in and went to the my cruises section. She took my payment ,corrected the balance and then sent me an email of the updated balance and off to work I went. While at work I logged in to try and figure out how she wanted me to log in to make payment. I did not see what she was talking about so I opened up the Royal web site in Iexp on another monitor. I figured I might as well look around to see if there was a price drop, which there was , so because of this error I was able to benefit from a price drop and now I only owe $48. Which I am not going to pay just yet since there is no consensus as to whether or not you get a price reduction if you are paid in full.

I went in today to make a payment and found an extra $1000 added to my balance. I only owed 637. I called and she stated it was due to how I logged in and went to the my cruises section. She took my payment ,corrected the balance and then sent me an email of the updated balance and off to work I went. While at work I logged in to try and figure out how she wanted me to log in to make payment. I did not see what she was talking about so I opened up the Royal web site in Iexp on another monitor. I figured I might as well look around to see if there was a price drop, which there was , so because of this error I was able to benefit from a price drop and now I only owe $48. Which I am not going to pay just yet since there is no consensus as to whether or not you get a price reduction if you are paid in full.

Did we really go to the moon:confused: Surely it can't be that hard to have an accounting system that works!!