How do I access flight options?

I'm looking at the Australian circumnavigation cruise. I've never cruised with HA so don't know how to look at the flight options. I googled and saw that they offer flights through flight ease. But I can't find a tab for that. Thanks for any help. :)

There is no tab for Flight Ease. HAL is a prehistoric cruise line that believes in what they foolishly think of as "personal service". That means that you are supposed to call them and ask about Flight Ease, after you book your cruise. If you happen to have booked the cruise through an independent travel agent, HAL will not even talk to you about flights (that's personal service for you!). They will tell you to call your travel agent. When you do, the travel agent will put you on hold, so that they can call HAL on your behalf on another line. They will then come back to you half an hour later with some flight options. If you want any changes or have any questions, they will have to put you on hold to talk to HAL again. Who thinks this is a good or efficient way to do business?

Flight Ease offers good prices, but the whole thing is so archaic, you almost expect paper tickets to be delivered to you by a dressed-up courier expecting a tip. I really wish someone at HAL headquarters had the courage to look at the calendar and realize the time of over-the-phone reservations is long gone (and good riddance).

Unlike Princess, HAL does not have a feature to look at flights. If you book direct with HAL you can access Flight Ease through your booking (I'm told), if not you need to go through your travel agent (which I have). I wish HAL and Princess used the same feature.. We have saved considerable money booking through the cruise lines, especially for one ways. Just check your options yourself and compare with cruise pricing.

One benefit to booking with the cruise line is that you can cancel the flight (there is a deadline) if you find something better BUT the flight will not be ticketed until you pay in full. Some airlines allow you to access the booking to select seats before ticketing and others will not.

Hope this helps!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm looking at the Australian circumnavigation cruise. I've never cruised with HA so don't know how to look at the flight options. I googled and saw that they offer flights through flight ease. But I can't find a tab for that. Thanks for any help. :)

We have used flight ease several times,once you are booked have travel agent, if you are using one contact HAL . If booking yourself,call Hal yourselk,and ask about flights. We've gotten great rates, in fact our fare to Alaska came down $200 just before final payment. Worth checking them,for available options.

Good luck,and enjoy

Terri

Thanks everyone. Exactly the info I needed. I wonder if looking at flights through Princess EZAir will give me a good ballpark for HA airfares and Itinerary.

If you have an active booking, you can log on to your HAL account (not sure you can do this if you used a TA). The flight ease feature is available as part of the pre-post travel hotel choices. I think your cruise has to be less than 330 days away or so, to see flight availability. I have never used Flight Ease to buy air, but I have looked at the choices and prices. I agree the Princess site is better, but I haven't looked at it in about 3 years.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the same boat, NEW to HAL and they are indeed prehistoric in technology in booking air. Air is EXPENSIVE and only cheap for 20 hour flights to Europe NOT an OPTION. Just called HAL and if you booked with a TA you must book through them( I guess) On RCI you can easily book and check prices on line. I hate booking some things through a TA, but some how I did this because of a deal that was advertised (not) on a cruise, I could have easily booked with HAL for the same perks.

I will try the pre cruise or active booking mention in last post.

PS I'm hearing impaired and HATE talking on a phone HAL, get a hint.

I suggest using Google Flights to explore options, then call HAL. Having a plan before you talk to HAL makes sense as you'll know if you're getting as good or better flight options and price compared to what's available. You don't have to book through google but I've found it to be a very helpful tool. You can "save" flights and it'll track price movement as well.

Just a note on FlightEase. I booked a cruise on HAL a couple of days ago and was able to see the flights I needed but didn't select any at that time. Today I tried to find a link to FlightEase on the HAL website but the only one I could fine took me to a page that said I had to make a telephone call to see about the fights they offered--for some reason there was no link I could find to check on the flights I had seen two days before.

Fortunately, I happened to look at the email confirmation HAL had sent me when I booked the cruise and there was a link to "Book Flights". I followed that link and was able to book the flights I wanted.