First time with partner

ChildofPisces

Hi all,

I've cruised before, but never with a s/o. My partner and I are going on a Princess cruise next November and I'm not sure what to expect with our first cruise together.

I've already asked them to do the bed as a queen and I'm planning some flowers and things to be delivered to the stateroom at some point.

I am sure that it's nothing the steward or staff will even bat an eyelash about, but it still is in the back of my mind.

Anyone have experience with Princess that can maybe give some insight as to how friendly they are?

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You will have no problems with any of the staff or crew on Princess. My partner and I were on the Island Princess last December and the staff was very gay-friendly. We got to chat with a number of waiters who were also gay, got the dining room staff to throw a birthday party for a member of the LGBT social group (about 12 to 14 of us), the birthday boy received a solo serenade from a waiter, and had gay staff attend the LGBT daily get-togethers. We had the queen bed configuration and the steward never batted an eye. He always greeted us in the hallways with a warm smile, friendly conversation, and kept the room impeccably refreshed. We sail tomorrow on the Royal Princess and expect we will receive the same, warm welcome from Princess.

Enjoy your cruise!

You will have no problems with any of the staff or crew on Princess. My partner and I were on the Island Princess last December and the staff was very gay-friendly. We got to chat with a number of waiters who were also gay, got the dining room staff to throw a birthday party for a member of the LGBT social group (about 12 to 14 of us), the birthday boy received a solo serenade from a waiter, and had gay staff attend the LGBT daily get-togethers. We had the queen bed configuration and the steward never batted an eye. He always greeted us in the hallways with a warm smile, friendly conversation, and kept the room impeccably refreshed. We sail tomorrow on the Royal Princess and expect we will receive the same, warm welcome from Princess.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thanks so much! I figured I was overthinking but it's something still that's on the back of my mind.

I am excited for you both! Some of our fondest memories are of cruising together.

As mentioned, you will have no issues. Just be yourselves, meet new friends, and make some memories.

Bon Voyage!!!![/]

Thanks! It's his first so we are super excited.

• 2 weeks later...

Only problem we ever had on Princess was the time the head waiter refused to serve our 30th anniversary celebration cake after presenting cakes to straight couples on either side of us. He had our regular waiter quietly bring the cake over and just sit it on our table (a little different than the fuss he made over the other couples).

Hi all,

I've cruised before, but never with a s/o. My partner and I are going on a Princess cruise next November and I'm not sure what to expect with our first cruise together.

I've already asked them to do the bed as a queen and I'm planning some flowers and things to be delivered to the stateroom at some point.

I am sure that it's nothing the steward or staff will even bat an eyelash about, but it still is in the back of my mind.

Anyone have experience with Princess that can maybe give some insight as to how friendly they are?

Thanks so much!

We've done a 14 day B2B on the Regal last Feb. We found the staff to probably be the friendliest of any of the lines we've cruised. Cunard/Celebrity/Princess. You should find a very well attended LGBTQ group on the ship. Like in any group, you'll have the standoffs overly boisterous etc. The groups met in the "Crooners Bar". After that we frequently got together & dined in the specialty rest. for dinner. If you guys really hit it off, you could talk to the Maître D about dining together.

Only problem we ever had on Princess was the time the head waiter refused to serve our 30th anniversary celebration cake after presenting cakes to straight couples on either side of us. He had our regular waiter quietly bring the cake over and just sit it on our table (a little different than the fuss he made over the other couples).

Head waiter or Maître D? If it was the head waiter, I would have brought it to the attention of the Maître D. If it was the Maître D, I then would have brought it to the attention of the "hotel mgr." The likely cause was that there was a (likely) unfounded fear of remarks from pax around you.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's how queer-friendly Princess is. On a recent cruise, my husband and I were one of the three couples chosen to play the Newlywed Game, where we made quite a hit.

But then, we'd celebrated our honeymoon aboard the Royal Princess, where our matching "Just Married" T-shirts brought lots of glowing congratulations from crew and pax alike.

As far as anniversary cakes go, on our first-anniversary cruise, the gay headwaiter brought us a cake, a comped bottle of champagne and he, his crew-member husband, and two waiters sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart."

Edited by shepp

Here's how queer-friendly Princess is. On a recent cruise, my husband and I were one of the three couples chosen to play the Newlywed Game, where we made quite a hit.

But then, we'd celebrated our honeymoon aboard the Royal Princess, where our matching "Just Married" T-shirts brought lots of glowing congratulations from crew and pax alike.

As far as anniversary cakes go, on our first-anniversary cruise, the gay headwaiter brought us a cake, a comped bottle of champagne and he, his crew-member husband, and two waiters sang "Let Me Call You Sweetheart."

Good news! We are on Princess for the first time in April...looking forward to it.

• 1 month later...

We sailed the Mexican Riviera on the Ruby Princess last April for our birthdays (his is the day after mine).

We had the joined bed and our room steward always spoke with/to us and called us by name. No issues. We also ate at the steak house every night and had a private table (2-top) in the regular dining room. No issues with either.

We met a (straight) couple on board who we ended up doing a lot of trivia with. He told us about his gay brother, but never asked any questions about us (if we were, how long, etc.). For the game shows, two older/elderly couples asked to join us to make a team. We all had a good time.

Our next cruise is this April on the Crown Princess from Ft. Lauderdale, FL to Southampton, UK. I don't expect any issues.