Starboard or Port Side

Nana57

Am thinking of going on Princess leaving from San Francisco for 15 nights. Which side of ship do you prefer? I have been cruising with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity for over 20 years, but don't like flying to either Vancouver or directly to Hawaii from NY, rather sail from California. Will I like Princess?

Am thinking of going on Princess leaving from San Francisco for 15 nights. Which side of ship do you prefer? I have been cruising with Royal Caribbean and Celebrity for over 20 years, but don't like flying to either Vancouver or directly to Hawaii from NY, rather sail from California. Will I like Princess?

We prefer Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, too. We're trying the Carnival Hawaii cruise out of Los Angeles. This fits better into my husband's schedule. I've never sailed Princess, but I haven't heard any negatives.

You'll be fine with Princess. I would suggest the 15 day from LA instead of San Francisco . You'll have to count that weather doesn't really get nice until your about 2 days from Hawaii.

I would take an aft balcony to the left side facing from the stern to the bow (port side ?) or the same side on Lido Deck or the one below it.

Agree that aft is best, but if none are available, get a port side balcony cabin. That way you'll see the city during sail-away out of San Francisco - one of the world's best! We've sailed more than once on each of the 3 cruise lines and find them all comparable. There are things we like best about each of them, things we aren't crazy about for each of them, so generally choose based on itinerary and price.

Well, sure you aren't locked onto the balcony, but we like relaxing on our balcony with a cool drink, and don't always feel like being in a public space, so I too, am interested in hearing more about whether port or starboard tends to be better for viewing, given the most common way the ships move around the islands.

Which side? Aft. :D

That is where we have been for both our trips to Hawaii.

7989037447_dfe26fbb2f_c.jpg

I am glad you posted this. I just booked all 6 regular aft cabins, for 6 couples... friends and me, for POA next January. ( not the huge side/aft cabins). Have long wanted an aft cabin, and this far out, all were available.