Carnival Dream--- beach days,, HELP??!!

DONNAKG

Hi- we are 13 of us total---with 6 small kids on the Dream in March.

We have port days of Montego Bay, Cozumel that we need to find

a nice beach you recommend and the transportation to get there & back.

OR-- would you say.. stay on the ship???:confused:

thanks- Donna kg

Do not stay on the ship! Haven't been to Montego Bay but Cozumel will be so easy.

There are numerous beach clubs to go to that with lots for kids to do. Google Mr Sanchos or Paradise beach. Paradise Beach will be $3.00 entrance fee for all. If kids want to play on the water toys that is an additional $15.00.

It is super easy to grab a taxi to get there. It is about $4.00 a person each way in a large taxi van. I took a group of 14. It is super easy and fun day.

Although you won't have car seats so I guess it depends how little the kids are. My youngest was about 5-6 the first time we did it. I just strapped her in a seat belt and told the driver not to speed. Ha.

Edited by taymiss2

With six small kids, I'd also have to go with Paradise Beach Club or Mr. Sancho's. We spent the day in Nachi Cocum last year and it was very nice and I recommend it, but small kids may get bored. Very easy to get a taxi to any of the beach clubs and back from the pier.

Hi- we are 13 of us total---with 6 small kids on the Dream in March.

We have port days of Montego Bay, Cozumel that we need to find

a nice beach you recommend and the transportation to get there & back.

OR-- would you say.. stay on the ship???:confused:

thanks- Donna kg

ok got Cozumel covered !! What do we do in Montego Bay???

I know you all have the answers LOL!!

If the kids are small I would opt for Playa Mia and their kiddie water park over the other beach clubs suggested - they have All-Inclusive (booze/food) packages available. Check their we site for details.

I have been to both Playa Mia & Paradise Beach. There's no question about it: Paradise Beach demolishes Playa Mia! I have not been to Mr Sanchos, but it sounds like a great option as well, and it has an all-inclusive option. So Paradise Beach wins for me, but if you want all-inclusive food/drink for the adults, you may want to try Mr Sanchos.

ok got Cozumel covered !! What do we do in Montego Bay???

I know you all have the answers LOL!!

In Jamaica, we purchase a pass for unlimited use of the bus which circles around the area & makes stops. The pass was $15 each (might be higher now). We got off at Doctors Cave Beach, which is a very beautiful beach. It has some great snorkeling off the shore, although it is a ways out. You can swim to the snorkeling area, but it's safer & easier to rent a snorkel life vest to swim out there. There were also water trampolines here. One of the other stops is Margaritaville. Just don't get off the bus at the shopping spots, as the vendors can definitely be scary. Only do shopping at the port shops here.

If you have small children, I would recommend Playa Mia. They have a really cool water park dedicated for younger children, several pools, hot tubs, water slides (for the adults of course :D) and the beach there is a pretty shallow entry area and very pretty.

I have done a lot of beaches in Cozumel and Playa Mia is the one that seems to perfectly fit families with younger children (and even older actually because of the water slides and also the ocean toys).

As far as Montego Bay, you probably have about 2 options.

We went to Hilton Rose Hall and the place is just gorgeous! Waterfalls, pools, great food, water slides (you can take your little ones down) and a lazy river to float around with the little ones on your lap. It's really huge and really nice...a little on the "more expensive side" thought, so that's a factor.

The other place would be to go to Sunset, which is pretty close to the port (and can actually been seen from the ship when docked). It has a pool and some water slides, but just not as nice. It's a little cheaper than Rose Hall, but not as nice.

I have reviews of Playa Mia and Hilton Rose Hall located in my signture line if you are interested in reading them...they have tons of pictures. If you'd like to see Sunset HERE's a link that another cruiser did on a blog with tons of pictures as well. :)