Lahaina on Christmas Day

Cally717

I haven't booked my trip yet, a few ducks aren't their row yet. But planning to be on the Grand from LA on Dec 19th to Hawaii.

The ship is in Lahaina on Christmas Day, so I'm wondering if shops will be open, and whether tours will be running? Here (Victoria Canada) even though we are a tourist town, NOTHING is open on Dec 25.

So can anyone tell me from past experience, what to expect in Lahaina for Christmas?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by Cally717

I was in Lahaina on Christmas day a couple of years ago, quite a few of the shops were open but only a few restaurants were.

I have contacted the Ocean Vodka Organic Farm & Distillery, Surfing Goat Dairy Farm and Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm they all say they are closed on Christmas day, however, they may have a special deal with Princess because they are still listed on the excursion page.

It is still a fun place to be on Christmas.

I was in Lahaina on Christmas day a couple of years ago, quite a few of the shops were open but only a few restaurants were.

I have contacted the Ocean Vodka Organic Farm & Distillery, Surfing Goat Dairy Farm and Ali'i Kula Lavender Farm they all say they are closed on Christmas day, however, they may have a special deal with Princess because they are still listed on the excursion page.

It is still a fun place to be on Christmas.

I wouldn't count on the Princess excursion page being accurate for Christmas day. We booked an excursion to the Crystal Caves on one of the islands in the Caribbean. As it turned out the venue was closed on the day we were in port which was a Tuesday. I knew in advance that it was closed on Tuesdays because I checked out the hours of operation on their website. I booked the tour through Princess anyway thinking that they may have a deal with the organization. When we arrived to the ship there was a note that the excursion was canceled and we wouldn't be charged. I guess other ships call on the port on other days so they just offer the tour in general.

We were in Lahaina on 12/25/12 off of the Golden Princess. We were trying to figure out what we wanted to do and I checked out Whaler's Village as we've never been there on previous visits. The website didn't have any info about holiday hours so I went on its Facebook page and found out they would be open that day. Some of the stores weren't open but plenty were. One of the restaurants was as were some of the food places in the tiny "food court." The museum wasn't. And of course, the beach there was open.:)

When we got back to Lahaina, we went over to the Banyan tree which was decorated. We also saw that saw of the stores on Front Street were open.

If there are some attractions you're interested in, check out their website and if there isn't any info about holiday closures, see if you can send them an email.

There did seem to be some whale tours in that port that day. Don't know if those people booked through Princess or through independent companies.