Insignia Room 6060

HappyMe_

Hi folks, considering booking a Med. Cruise on the Insignia. Has anyone had Room 6060 or any information regarding same? I know it is balcony and saw it on the deck plan, but someone who knows the area might be able to shed some light on this room, i.e. noise etc.

Thanks

Just a thought....Spend the extra money and at least go for the Concierge Level...same rooms a deck higher and a lot more amenities (A1-A2), or check out the PH1/PH2 that include a butler.....just another thought....

We were in 6051 on Pacific Princess (new), a sister to Insignia, Papeete to Sydney, 11-03, and thought it well located (had cabin on only one side - lifeboat on other).

We had no noise issues at that location.

We're booked into 4031 on our upcoming Regatta cruise into the Baltic. It is such a port intensive cruise, we thought we would forgo a balcony this trip.

CV.. yes I think I might enjoy the CC, send your cheque please to:

www.LowlyCanadianPayingthroughnose.com, :) All kidding aside, we are paying what we feel is limit for cruise accomodation, as we know there will be some pricey excursions as well. However, if I win the lottery between now and cruise, I may well upgrade, unfortunately, that would mean buying a ticket.......which I never do, lol.

It was more location near the elevator that I pondered over, but given it is a smaller ship, and the activity level of this type of cruise, I doubt I will notice the bells.

Reference being close to elevators - normally that is not a noisy location, although on occasion there are boisterous passengers who could be quieter.

The only time we regretted being close to elevators was on Golden Princess' trans-Atlantic, 8-02. We hit two large Atlantic storms, and the noise of the elevator cars banging about in the shaft as the ship fought for seaway was a little disconcerting, along with the sound of windows shattering along Prom Deck, and merchandise being thrown to the floor in the shops.

Windows shattered and merchandise thrown around, that must be somewhat frightening! What happened to the passengers? Besides vomitting and lots of seasickness pills, did anyone need tranquilizers? The Golden Princess is over 100,000 tons, what will happen if it is a small ship? Thank you.

meow

Actually a smaller ship may well ride better.

The Grand class ships, 110,000+ GRT, are flat bottomed (to reduce draft), are very beamy, and prone to wind abeam.

We made another trans-Atlantic crossing on Royal Princess, 45,000 GRT, which rides much better, as she has a liner-like hull, with good length/beam ratio. Sea states were very similar, and both were in gale force winds.

Ride has much more to with hull shape than it does with size.

• 3 weeks later...

Andee - I tried to email you but I was unable.....we are booked in the cabin that will be directly across from where you stayed in 6051 - we are in 6048. What is the deal with the room configuration? There is a star on the Oceania diagram that indicates it is a triple....were the lifeboats or noise an issue? I am stressing about this because I always get a bad room. How was the view?

We were in 6051, and liked the location very much. It was quiet, and relatively midships.

I don't know anything about 6048. As I said originally, the location of 6051 was quiet. I'm sorry, but I don't quite know what you're asking about the view--that depended on what we were sailing by or where we were docked. The lifeboat wasbn't an issue for us.

:confused: I spoke with Oceania about the noise level if you are near the lifeboats. They said there is no banging or any other noises from the lifeboats. They are securely tied down. No need to worry.:)

• 9 years later...
Andee - I tried to email you but I was unable.....we are booked in the cabin that will be directly across from where you stayed in 6051 - we are in 6048. What is the deal with the room configuration? There is a star on the Oceania diagram that indicates it is a triple....were the lifeboats or noise an issue? I am stressing about this because I always get a bad room. How was the view?

Hi, Sterling9 - we are booked in 6048 on Insignia and we tried very hard to find information on the room configuration to no avail (and Oceania agents gave us conflicting information). Sounded like you stayed in that cabin before, by any chance you still remember where the bathroom was? Was it on your left or right when you entered the cabin facing the balcony? We really appreciate your help in advance.

Hi, Sterling9 - we are booked in 6048 on Insignia and we tried very hard to find information on the room configuration to no avail (and Oceania agents gave us conflicting information). Sounded like you stayed in that cabin before, by any chance you still remember where the bathroom was? Was it on your left or right when you entered the cabin facing the balcony? We really appreciate your help in advance.

I am not sure if you realize that the original posts are from 2005. Therefore you are not very likely to hear from Sterling9 at this point.

Welcome Naturer35, I see you're a newcomer to Cruise Critic. If you look at the sandy coloured bar at the top of each post you'll find a date. Sterling's last post was in October 2005 but someone else may be able to answer your question.

I realise this is an old thread but I have a tip which is still useful, on the Azamara forum there is a cabin sticky at the top of the page. Here many guests have posted their views on the cabins. The Azamara ships are exactly the same configuration as the 3 (nearly 4) Oceania ones.

Rosalyn