Port Canaveral Hotel Help Please

zandasmom

I have researched and made spreadsheets and still can't decide where to stay????? We are looking for OCEANFRONT with a balcony. Not concerned with how far from the port (we will have a car). Not concerned with shuttle, cruise park packages, etc. We just want a nice, clean (not breaking the bank) hotel on the beach. We'll be there 3 days pre-cruise.

Any advice?

Doubletree is ON THE BEACH

Hilton is ON THE BEACH - but gets bad reviews

Country Inn and Residence Inn have views of the ships but are NOT on the beach???? Not sure about this???

Like I said, the more I look, the more confused I get.

Looks like Doubletree may be my best bet, anyone with personal experience there?

Thanks CC Friends,

Amy

...Country Inn and Residence Inn have views of the ships but are NOT on the beach???? Not sure about this???...

This is true, Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn, and the Radisson are close to the port, but not on the beach.

We have stayed at La Quinta Oceanside, the Best Western Oceanside and The Sheraton. La Quinta and The Best Western are comparable. Clean, good size rooms (especially Best Western) Not quite as nice as the Hilton, but also less expensive. The Sheraton is across the street from the beach. All three are within walking distance of the pier and lots of good restaurants. Also grocery stores and drugstores are nearby. Are there any balcony rooms at the Hampton Inn?

We normally stay at the doubletree, I actually have it booked for after the cruise for short overnight stay.

The doubletree was very clean and amazing staff when we stayed. Our room was a king room with partial beach views and balcony. My parents had a room further down with two queen beds and no balcony. So not sure if only king room types have them but ours did.

There was a walkway to the beach which was clean and well kept.

The hotel offered a bar and restaurant and also a small shopping area that sold some clothing like beach cover ups and sandals. There was a pantry for snacks and sodas. The doubletree also had a guest laundry ( dryer didnt dry clothes very well though took a second dry). We thought it was a good hotel being oceanfront since most tend to look a bit run down with all the sand and constant use.

There's also a hampton inn on the beach but we haven't tried that location yet will be staying there before our cruise so cant help you there but it does have pretty good reviews online.

Edited by Rainbowfalls

I have stayed at Doubletree and thought it was very nice. They also have free parking for duration of your cruise. I took a taxi to the port but they offer shuttle service for a fee.

I have stayed at Hampton Inn and it was very nice. While on the beach there is a building in front of it but there is a walkway to get to the beach. I think you can see the beach if your room is on an upper floor. They have free a free continental breakfast bar.

Thanks for all the replies. Expanding my search now to Melbourne Beach.

Anyone happen to know anything about Daytona Beach?

Hi:)....I have stayed at the Doubletree too...nice room, nice view and

they have those fresh Chocolate chip cookies upon your arrival:D

Daytona Beach? I live about 90 minutes from there...there are hundreds

of hotels/motels along the beach/across from the beach/near the beach.

Hilton doesn't have Balconies anyway. I'd go with Doubletree, ask for a south balcony if you can't get an eastern view. There are only a few east balconies.

Forgot Hilton picture. Far building is Hilton. The one in the foreground is Resort at the Port. It's a time share, but they rent as well. Not sure if there is a minimum stay

1436622481178.jpg.ea2b8c9906a2d830843d306bfcdf8078.jpg

We've stayed at the La Quinta Oceanfront (be careful, there are two LQs in Cocoa Beach), and got it again on Hotwire for a stopover on our way to Fort Lauderdale next April. It's clean, fairly inexpensive, and right on the beach.

Daytona is fine, and you'll have many more hotel options, but be aware that you'll have probably an hour an a half drive to get to Canaveral.

We've stayed at the La Quinta Oceanfront (be careful, there are two LQs in Cocoa Beach), and got it again on Hotwire for a stopover on our way to Fort Lauderdale next April. It's clean, fairly inexpensive, and right on the beach.

Daytona is fine, and you'll have many more hotel options, but be aware that you'll have probably an hour an a half drive to get to Canaveral.

Hi Kate:) looks like we are neighbors;)...I live near the Town Center.

I respectfully disagree with your time frame on the drive from Daytona

down to Pt. Canaveral. I have driven several times down there...it takes

me less than 2.5 hours and Daytona is only about 90 minutes from here.

So it should not take another 1.5 hours from Daytona to Pt.

Canaveral......closer to 45 minutes really.:)

Hi Kate:) looks like we are neighbors;)...I live near the Town Center.

I respectfully disagree with your time frame on the drive from Daytona

down to Pt. Canaveral. I have driven several times down there...it takes

me less than 2.5 hours and Daytona is only about 90 minutes from here.

Canaveral......closer to 45 minutes really.:)

Hi, neighbor! I work right by Town Center.

You're right, I overestimated the drive time. Something to keep in mind regardless; just didn't want OP thinking they were right next to each other.

Canaveral......closer to 45 minutes really.

Daytona Beach to Port Canaveral is 75 miles in round numbers (using a mapping program). Traffic moves fast but 45 minutes would be "difficult"

Canaveral......closer to 45 minutes really.

Daytona Beach to Port Canaveral is 75 miles in round numbers (using a mapping program). Traffic moves fast but 45 minutes would be "difficult"

Takes us about an hour and a half from our condo. That's about 15 minutes from the port

My parents winter in Daytona. When we cruised from PC a couple years ago, they drove down and met us for dinner at Fishlips. It was right around an hour and a half for them, on a Friday afternoon, and they took the scenic route, not 95.

I have to say, I wasn't nearly as impressed with Cocoa Beach and that area when we drove around that afternoon we were there. I'll watch The Right Stuff or Apollo 13 and feel like I know the place lol.

We enjoyed the Country Inn and Suites, for a night, (not sure where the view of the ships comments come in though, you might see the top of the smokestack or something). But yeah, not walking out on to the beach. Jetty Park is a short couple minute drive from there if only visiting the beach was an option, but for a few days stay I would like to look out my window and see ocean, not just know it's "over there" lol.

I guess we must all have different versions and time frames of driving

from point A to point B.......I can only tell you how fast it has take me.

From Jacksonville to Pt Canaveral going straight down on 95 to 528.....

it has always taken me less than 2.5 hours.......so I don't know how

it would taken 1.5 hours from Daytona to the same point:eek:

Kate, where do you work? I live on Gate Parkway:D

To whoever was asking..........there are beaches going all the way

from North Florida to South Florida......if you want to take the scenic

route, you can take A1A.....it will definitely take longer though.

I guess we must all have different versions and time frames of driving

from point A to point B.......I can only tell you how fast it has take me.

From Jacksonville to Pt Canaveral going straight down on 95 to 528.....

it has always taken me less than 2.5 hours.......so I don't know how

it would taken 1.5 hours from Daytona to the same point:eek:

Don't forget too that you are measuring the time based on when you drive by Daytona on 95. Someone else might be calculating the time from a beachfront condo in Daytona Beach. It can take 15-20 minutes just to the highway somedays, depending on where you are starting from. Google gives me an hour and 20 minutes from Daytona Beach Pier to the Country Inn and Suites in Cape Canaveral.

Edited by DanJ