Equinox 7/23-30 Review: The Good, Bad and Ugly

Majkman

We were on the same cruise. It was wonderful. We have had a tough 3-4 months and we relaxed the entire time. We were in Aqua and Blu was incredible all the time; a few things I didn't like but they have, imho, really upped the menu. Our servers, John and Sebastio, were so helpful and the maitre d' Linda was funny and so friendly. We did quite a few spa experiences ( we needed to relax) and except for two of the women at the check in/out desk, the service was (again) wonderful. The two at the desk either a) didn't speak English well (really) or b) didn't care. So we made our own arrangements with the staff and let them deal with the desk. I also found one of the ladies in the cosmetic/perfume shop a little snotty but the other one was great. BTW the sales on the upscale handbags are legit.

There were lots of kids but they were having a ball at the kids' clubs and were all enthusiastic and polite. Kids don't bother us so we were fine with them. All in all a great cruise and we'll be back as soon as we can

How was there one gift short on the gift exchange? I thought if you give a gift, then you get a gift? I sure hope someone just didn't take one?

It was probably my fault wendy,

Some kids were there waiting (late teens) waiting for their parents. I drew their parents name first, and they stated that they were on their way, so I just let them pick one, assuming one would be coming (against the advice of my wife). So when all the gifts had been picked, and saving myself for last, we were 1 short. The kids then told me that their parents were going to be down in 20 minutes with their gift. Still, no problem as I was mingling with a few of the other guys, and in no hurry. About 30 minutes later, the kids asked me my room number (3 times) and said they'd get it to me......well....you know how the story ends. That's never happened before, so....live and learn. I did win the first day raffle in the shopping forum and that was unexpected, so it probably all evens out. ;)

Smooth sailing,

Andy

Since you had the Classic pkg, what did you order at the Martini Bar, or did you just pay the difference?

You can get any drink you want at the Martini Bar - water, soda, beer, mixed drinks, etc. Only problem could be the small martinis. Enjoy!

Great review, Andy!

Um, there are plenty of ill mannered people out there. America doesn't have the patent.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So true - thanks for pointing that out.

About rude people on the 7-23 sailing: there was an older couple onboard with their assistant. The poor man seemed to be hearing-impaired and had dementia, I think. The wife complained and abused just about everyone. In the terminal, they waited for their luggage and a very nice young man who worked there came up to the man and asked if they needed any help. The woman shrieked: Leave him alone!! Can't you tell he can't hear?? I saw her behavior all throughout the cruise. I really don't know how their poor assistant stood it

About rude people on the 7-23 sailing: there was an older couple onboard with their assistant. The poor man seemed to be hearing-impaired and had dementia, I think. The wife complained and abused just about everyone. In the terminal, they waited for their luggage and a very nice young man who worked there came up to the man and asked if they needed any help. The woman shrieked: Leave him alone!! Can't you tell he can't hear?? I saw her behavior all throughout the cruise. I really don't know how their poor assistant stood it

If this couple were in a big-time suite, I heard all about them. Some people I met, stated there was a woman working for a couple, who was completely out of line to many staff members. SO BAD, in fact, they (the people I met), were going to the staff and apologizing.

Sadly, this is where we have come. There's no turning the ship around, and I fear it's only going to get worse.

I think I need to find a private island for sale.......;)

Trying to make a small difference, one person at a time,

Andy