Anyone just off the Adventure of the Seas?

We were on Adventure on 2/26 - Southern Caribbean. Absolutely loved it. This was our first cruise and there is really nothing we found to complain about. We had no problems on embarkation day. We were in a junior suite so we didn't have to wait in baggage line and we were able to use preferred check-in line. Took maybe 10 minutes for total process. Even my sister and parents, who had to wait in the regular baggage and check-in lines, got through in less than 40 minutes. We were very worried about this since several people had posted terrible reviews about the check-in process and the ship itself. I seriously have no idea what these people were complaining about. We thought the ship looked great and we liked everything about it. What a great vacation!! Hope to get around to review with pictures soon.

Drawback to Adventure - flying out of San Juan after the cruise. That airport is a mess. The US Air line to check in takes forever and going through security takes even longer. You would think that on a Sunday wth all these cruise ships coming in that they would have more than two security lines open in each terminal.

We were on March 4-11. Everything was fine. CD Abel Jeney did a fine job. Food in MDR was very good as usual. Windjammer also good food and never a problem finding seating. Ship is still very neat and clean, all staff very freindly and helpful. There were a few rattles but not unexpected considering the ship is over 10 yrs old.

Be glad to answer any other questions.

We were on March 4-11. Everything was fine. CD Abel Jeney did a fine job. Food in MDR was very good as usual. Windjammer also good food and never a problem finding seating. Ship is still very neat and clean, all staff very freindly and helpful. There were a few rattles but not unexpected considering the ship is over 10 yrs old.

Be glad to answer any other questions.

Did you notice if the 'tak 4 quartet' were still onboard, we saw them on another ship and I thought I read somewhere that they were now on Adventure, sailing on her in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all the great input. We will be on the TA in April so flying out of San Juan wont be a issue, but who knows whats on the other side of the pond.

Can someone say whether it will be worth it to get on the ship and check in, then leave to site see Old San Juan, like it is a port of call. Wondering when is the latest you can get back on.

We are in a JS and looking forward to it very much.

How were the security lines with booze confiscations. Not a big drinker, just wondering about the delay in getting our luggage.

Thanks a bunch, really getting excited here

We flew in at around noon-time on the day of sailing. We arrived at the ship at around 1:00 or so - the lines were quite long for luggage drop-off, we stood in line for about 30 minutes until hubby located a porter to take our luggage with another large group. Once we unloaded our luggage we were able to check in and walk on the ship in just 5 minutes.

Thanks for all the great input. We will be on the TA in April so flying out of San Juan wont be a issue, but who knows whats on the other side of the pond.

Can someone say whether it will be worth it to get on the ship and check in, then leave to site see Old San Juan, like it is a port of call. Wondering when is the latest you can get back on.

We are in a JS and looking forward to it very much.

How were the security lines with booze confiscations. Not a big drinker, just wondering about the delay in getting our luggage.

Thanks a bunch, really getting excited here

We did the TA last May and had probably the best cruise we have had. The 6 days at sea were very relaxing, and they had plenty of activities to choose from.

Those days just flew by. I don't think we can do just a 7 day now. It will seem too short. To answer your question about getting off the ship, we have not done it and have sailed out of San Juan 3 times now.

The traffic getting to the ship is very heavy and we never wanted to fight it to get back on. Although when we have sailed out of San Juan we have always arrived 2 days prior to sailing and had 2 days to explore San Juan.

We waited a while for our luggage to be brought to our stateroom. But have also received them early. Sorry for the vague answer. I hope this info helps. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away. We love this departure port.

Have a great cruise. I am jealous.

We have done a bunch of T/A and always seemed like the liquor restrictions were much more lenient than closed loop cruises. In fact, we were on the Carnival Dream when it was brought over to New York, and you could walk into the dutyfree shop in port and buy liquor and walk right on the ship with it. Nobody paid any attention.

Just off the adventure on Sunday March 18th. I don't remember them having any outdoor sitting for the Windjammer. Ship was wonderful, you never had a problem with finding seats by the pool. Never had problems finding a seat in the windjammer. We felt like we had the ship to ourselves along with all the other guests but I don't know where they were. :) San Juan airport is always crowded and crazy. We arrived at the port on sunday for the cruise and there is one line to drop off your luggage and then flow over to the other line. We got there about 10:30 and were about the 75th back in line. They started taking luggage at 11:30 and then you move to the other line and in through security walked right up to get my sea pass card and then walked right onto the ship.

Any questions feel free to ask and I'll answer if I can.

Did you notice if the 'tak 4 quartet' were still onboard, we saw them on another ship and I thought I read somewhere that they were now on Adventure, sailing on her in a couple of weeks.

My wife and I were on last week's sailing. The bands were "Casablanca" which was kind of dated, but still very good and "Latin Illusion" who were excellent. There was also a Calypso band that was very good.

Enjoy your cruise.

Does AOS have outdoor seating for the Windjammer like the Radience Class ships? I looked at the RCCL ship page and it looks like it might by the grill area in the back.

Thanks.

It does not, unfortunately. That's one of the things I love about the Radiance class ships.

However, they seem to manage their WJ on AOS very well. I've been on other Voyager class ships and their Windjammers were never this organized.

Does AOS have outdoor seating for the Windjammer like the Radience Class ships? I looked at the RCCL ship page and it looks like it might by the grill area in the back.

Thanks.

They don't have the seating like Radiance, however we always managed to bring our breakfast outside to the seating area as you come out to the pool deck. (by the frozen yogurt machine)

they do have lots of tables and chairs outside tho on each side of the windjammer......we saw many families bringing their food out here to eat. these were also popular for groups playing card games too!!!

We so loved two weeks on here...feb 5 and 12 that when we came home we switched our allure and independence trips for next year to two more weeks on the Adventure. The explorer of the seas has been our favorite ship and we sure love the crew, but wow...excellent service on board here for sure and several great crew from explorer now on here too!!! So it was like coming home for us....instead of Bayonne....San Juan!!!

Can anyone tell me how they run dinner in the MDR on the first night? With the late departure (compared to Florida based ships) what should we expect if we have the 6pm seating?

TIA!

Can anyone tell me how they run dinner in the MDR on the first night? With the late departure (compared to Florida based ships) what should we expect if we have the 6pm seating?

TIA!

I believe they will start dinner 1/2 hour later than usual, around 6:30 and 9:30.

I was there during spring break march 11-18 and honestly the worst for me, I love royal and believe me I even have the royal reward credit card but i dont know , I always felt like the adventure was missing something. There is one thing for sure, no offense here but I found that travelers are really in the 40-60 age range. The food was good with flavor but honetly im not going again to the adventure , oh no ,,,

What time of day would you suggest for our flight home on Sunday? I have heard that it can take quite a bit of time to get through security getting off of the ship and then into the terminal at the airport. THanks for the help. :)

Airport was a disaster-our flight was at 3:30 we were there by 12:30 ----lines and lines is all you could see-give yourself 3 hours--

We will stay in San Juan next time to leave on Monday--no more weekend flights for us!

Archived