Carnival Stock

winddawn

So with that information, CCL would be the better buy since its up potential is stronger than RCL.

And people, please, before you flame, this is just an opinion...

Not so sure it would have better upside potential.

Once upon a time Carnival was the leader in innovation in the cruiseline industry.

For past couple of years they seem to have lagged behind and now seem to be the low price leader.

Hopefully that will change in the near future as the new management team does what it is being paid to do..

Not so sure it would have better upside potential.

Once upon a time Carnival was the leader in innovation in the cruiseline industry.

For past couple of years they seem to have lagged behind and now seem to be the low price leader.

Hopefully that will change in the near future as the new management team does what it is being paid to do..

I think CCL is not a leader in innovation but a leader in low price... However, Carnival as a corporation still is the overall leader. (CCL is 24 of over 100 ships Carnival operates). They have a wide array of new builds coming out across a bunch of different lines right now which are fairly exciting, including a new 40,000 ton seabourn ship (hardly low price).

So with that information, CCL would be the better buy since its up potential is stronger than RCL.

And people, please, before you flame, this is just an opinion...

Good point. Buy low, sell high. What a concept! Lol. I am just happy to see it moving in the right direction.

Good point. Buy low, sell high. What a concept! Lol. I am just happy to see it moving in the right direction.

But will it stay here? We have owned the stock for about 6 years know and think this is about the 3rd or 4th time it has gotten here and than lost more than a third of its value. Time will tell but dont think this is a price that I would buy at.

Just bought mine not too long ago at 38. I'm happy. If it goes down I'll buy more.

Good call, Jimmie. If it never goes up another penny, its worth it to me. I've owned mine for years and have used it over and over at least 3 times a year for onboard credit, and the dividends provide nice cruise cash too. Great value to me. Hope you can grab some more at the next dip. :-)

Carnival stock is up again today at $40.79 right now, adding another 1.7%. Carnival is due to report earnings before the market opens next Tuesday, and several brokerage houses have upgraded CCL to a buy recently. I hope they know something good. :-)

http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2014/09/12/carnival-given-consensus-rating-of-buy-by-brokerages-nyseccl/

Bank of America analyst changed from a hold to a buy and has a new target of $45.50.

http://www.americanbankingnews.com/2014/09/12/carnival-given-consensus-rating-of-buy-by-brokerages-nyseccl/

With this big of a run-up before earnings being announced, it wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't pull back after the actual announcement on Tuesday, and maybe some profit-taking playing into the mix.