Is it too early to book?

lharry

We don't think so, but we are hoping to have other families book and cruise with us. We let everyone know what cruise, what dates, etc. We let them know that we have booked and what rooms we have. So far, only one other family has booked. The cruise isn't until June 2015. Have we started this process way too early?

FYI - These other "families" are part of our close knit family - so it isn't that they don't want to be on vacation with us - we have vacationed together before several times, but never on a cruise.

I hate to feel like I'm pressuring them, to go ahead and book. And I guess they really don't have to go ahead. I just like to plan in advance for myself.

What do you think - should I just let it go and wait until we are about 6 months out and then follow-up with everyone?

Thanks!

Depends. Are you wanting cabins close to each other? If so waiting to long you may not get them. We have always cruised with our BFF's and book adjoining balcony's so to get the cabin/deck we want we book 8-10 months out ES rate.

We have a motto when doing anything with a group--Don't Herd Cats!

You've done your work. They'll either book or not.

In the two groups I have sailing - one group is still waiting on one or two more cabins. The other only three booked. The others are waiting for life-changing events(family and business) to take place before they can commit to anything.

I can't think it is never too early to book if you know what you want. I have three current bookings with the most recent one booked 8 months in advance and the last one booked 14 months. I've found that the prices I got then are still better than anything so far today (in one case, by 1000+). Plus you get a better choice of cabins.

I agree, it's never too early to book. Just make sure you book Early Saver so you can get OBC if the price drops. You get the very best cabin selections by booking early, so if you are positive that is when you will cruise, go ahead and book. Whatever you decide, have a fabulous cruise.:D

I have a group cruise booked for 6/6/2015 on the Sunshine. I am trying to get people committed to book also. So far we have 2 rooms booked. I have several friends who want to join us and I told them to invite anyone they want. They get $75 on board credit just for booking with the group. I think we will end up with maybe 10 rooms booked. I love going with groups. You can do what you want but there is always someone who is willing to join you if you want. I remind them that it is easy to budget as you can make monthly payments or pay the balance at once.

I always buy travel insurance and I tell the newbies that it will cover them if work or whatever won't allow them to travel.

If you have enough interest to block Group Space , now is the time to do it .

If their are currently Group Amenity points on your ship/sailing date , you may select OBC, etc. for everyone and earn 1 cruise fare for every 16 guests sailing dbl occ.

Keep in mind that those booked ES will not receive Amenity gifts but will count toward the 16 needed to earn the TC.

Suggest having a good TA with Group experience do all the leg work. Costs you nothing .

If you have enough interest to block Group Space , now is the time to do it .

If their are currently Group Amenity points on your ship/sailing date , you may select OBC, etc. for everyone and earn 1 cruise fare for every 16 guests sailing dbl occ.

Keep in mind that those booked ES will not receive Amenity gifts but will count toward the 16 needed to earn the TC.

Suggest having a good TA with Group experience do all the leg work. Costs you nothing .

I appreciate the advice, but if EVERYONE comes, we are looking at 17 ppl, and I feel sure that at least one person won't be able to come, and then not sure about the rest. So I kinda hate to risk the group booking in case we don't have enough. But I thought it was based on the number of cabins, and not the number of people. If all come, we would probably only have 6 cabins total. Unless some get an extra room for the kids to share.

I like the "not hearding cats" comment, for sure. You are so right - I have done my part - now it is up to them!

I also appreciate the reminder about the insurance. I will definately let them know about that so that maybe if there is any hesitation, that will alleviate any concerns they might have.

I feel much better now - I'm going to sit back and count the days! Sure wish I could make it go by faster!!

I agree, never too early. Booked our March 2015 cruise the day it came out (actually before it was listed online) in January. Prices have nearly doubled since and the 4K rooms sold out in less than a month. So we got a great price and the rooms we wanted. I also agree that you did your part; the others will either book or not. :D

I appreciate the advice, but if EVERYONE comes, we are looking at 17 ppl, and I feel sure that at least one person won't be able to come, and then not sure about the rest. So I kinda hate to risk the group booking in case we don't have enough. But I thought it was based on the number of cabins, and not the number of people. If all come, we would probably only have 6 cabins total. Unless some get an extra room for the kids to share.

Yes, 16 people @ dbl occ. is 8 cabins.

3rd/4th in cabin do not count .

Group rate is guaranteed even if only 1 cabin sails .

Amenity gifts may be awarded for as few as 5 cabins sailing.

Just won't earn the TC $$ unless 8 cabins @ dbl occ. sail.

Sometimes your TA will help fill out your group ?

I agree with what was stated above. It's never too early to book if you guys are al wanting cabins close to one another. The longer you wait the more difficult that is going to become. But there is a fine line between needing to book early and pressuring someone to book when they are not ready. You just have to find that balance. Just make sure to book early saver so that you get any price drops that may occur between now and then!