TA transfer question

Avalon35

Hi, Princess used to simply transfer over the cruise booking to my TA. Now, they just told my TA that since there is a deposit, they just can't transfer it over . I am using FCC for deposit and it is refundable so I don't know what they are talking about. My TA is going to email me his info and suggested I call Princess myself. Is anyone else experiencing something similar? And any suggestions? I noticed some folks were mentioning a form. I have transferred to this TA before so we don't know what this is about and it is a major agency. Something new?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I recently transferred (last two weeks) four bookings simply by giving my TA the booking numbers. She did the rest by faxing a transfer request form. Three of the transfers were from another TA and one was from Princess. All had FCCs on file as the deposit.

All went very routine, except the TA did need to call the other TA when they dragged their feet on two of the bookings.

Edited by billco

Hmmm.. He (TA) had all the same info and never had a problem. I will call Princess and see what they say.

Here is the sequence of e-mails from TA regarding transfer from other TA:

"You wouldn’t have to cancel and rebook. I can take over your current booking. Just need the booking number."

"Ill put through the takeovers then we will see how much."

"Im trying and they aren’t. I just refaxed them again this morning and out 2nd request on them."

"I’m calling right now to yell. Ill let you know…"

"I called and they moved them over. Emailing you the confirmation. Thanks! Have a great weekend!!!"

This is in reply to request of transfer another cruise booked directly with Princess. Went without a hitch:

"I faxed over a takeover. Ill email you the confirmation once I get it."

Pays to have a TA who will work for you!

Edited by billco

A quick FYI follow-up. I called Princess today and they said that I would have to send an email or letter to Princess to transfer to my TA.

email to: revenuesupportservices@princesscruises.com including booking number, TA name, TA tel num, TA address. The email was considered my authorization. They said that any time "money" is deposited, even an FCC this is the policy. So, I just did that. However, I have transferred to this exact same TA before without having to do this, so this is a new one on me. Which was why I was wondering if anyone else ran into this scenario. :confused:

A quick FYI follow-up. I called Princess today and they said that I would have to send an email or letter to Princess to transfer to my TA.

email to: revenuesupportservices@princesscruises.com including booking number, TA name, TA tel num, TA address. The email was considered my authorization. They said that any time "money" is deposited, even an FCC this is the policy. So, I just did that. However, I have transferred to this exact same TA before without having to do this, so this is a new one on me. Which was why I was wondering if anyone else ran into this scenario. :confused:

Any time money is deposited? I'd really like to know how one makes a reservation without depositing money?

Any time money is deposited? I'd really like to know how one makes a reservation without depositing money?

Actually I did make the initial reservation without a deposit ( to hold the cabin) but it was only good for 3 days. I am learning all new things this reservation including the new web site.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I made a booking this morning on the Princess website - on hold with deposit due August 2. Then called TA and gave her booking number. Waiting for her confirmation. I imagine I would get the same story you did if I called Princess, which is why I call the TA. Havent had any problem yet doing it that way. Edited by billco

This is the third or fourth post I've seen lately where Princess is telling people they have to send in a form to transfer a booking. I wonder if this is something new they are starting to do...

I made a booking this morning on the Princess website - on hold with deposit due August 2. Then called TA and gave her booking number. Waiting for her confirmation. I imagine I would get the same story you did if I called Princess, which is why I call the TA. Havent had any problem yet doing it that way.

When you have it on the 3 day hold and haven't made the deposit the TA can transfer it. Apparently, it is after the deposit has been made, when they say money had been put down/applied to the booking that the policy takes effect .

That was what I was told . Like everyone here says, it probably depends upon who answers the phone . I just followed instructions and cc'd my TA.

This is the third or fourth post I've seen lately where Princess is telling people they have to send in a form to transfer a booking. I wonder if this is something new they are starting to do...

I don't believe it is a new requirement. Back in March 2014 I had to to send a fax, with my signature on it, to Princess in order to transfer my Dec 2014 cruise to my TA. I had used a FCC to make the original booking online.

I was doing this 10 plus years ago. I thought they were getting lax in the paperwork side of it.

When you have it on the 3 day hold and haven't made the deposit the TA can transfer it. Apparently, it is after the deposit has been made, when they say money had been put down/applied to the booking that the policy takes effect .

That was what I was told . Like everyone here says, it probably depends upon who answers the phone . I just followed instructions and cc'd my TA.

I posted earlier here that I recently transferred bookings that had deposits both from another TA and from Princess.