To book or not to book

runner2013

Hi all

Have what might be a strange question for everyone.

I'm seriously thinking of booking a Xmas cruise this year as a present to myself.

Was going to book the flights this week, hopefully before the prices go higher than what they are now, and then watch the rates for the cruise as it gets closer.

Was hoping I could get a last minute rate that's a bit better than what's out there now. But I realize I might end up paying more or even not getting anything at all so its a gamble.

Is that a good idea or am I being crazy? should I just book everything now and stop looking at rates all together?

Any input good or bad appreciated

Thanks

Patty

Hi all

I'm seriously thinking of booking a Xmas cruise this year as a present to myself.

Was going to book the flights this week, hopefully before the prices go higher than what they are now, and then watch the rates for the cruise as it gets closer.

Was hoping I could get a last minute rate that's a bit better than what's out there now. But I realize I might end up paying more or even not getting anything at all so its a gamble.

Is that a good idea or am I being crazy? should I just book everything now and stop looking at rates all together?

Thanks

Patty

I would book now and have everything settled

Hi all

Thanks

Patty

Short story: Two weeks ago today, I was looking at Studios on Epic for 3 weeks from now. They were $466 for a 7 day cruise which for me would have been $216 out of pocket because I could have used a latitude certificate worth $250. I delayed a couple days and the Studios were gone. I ended up booking for twice that (nice cabin but the Studio might have been nicer at that price). Bottom line, you snooze you loose. Book both now and have it done, the cabin or price might go away instantly and the airline prices could go through the roof. Good luck.

Hi Patty,

I booked this cruise awhile ago and have been price checking for the last few months. Sorry to say the prices have not gone down and the cabins are getting fewer and fewer. There is always the chance that they could run a special but with the holidays I would not take a chance if you are serious about going. Also the flights are going up as well. Hope this helps and hope to see you on the cruise. If so there is a roll call started for our cruise. Take care and happy holidays.

Loretta